Wet Sunday in Michigan

Jo W.
on 9/28/13 10:04 pm - Owosso, MI

Good Morning OFF friends.   A rainy day here on the books I think but we have had some of the most beautiful weather this week!   I love those kind of fall days!   Im still not home.  Got to Grand Rapids and Steve called saying wed had another breakin.  Seems one of the uncles got desperate for some drug money,  had a friend bring him over and when noone was home he broke the patio door.  His friend stopped him from going in and called the cops.  THe driver was on parole and had no intention of going back to jail for anothers stupidity.   So one contender is out of the running.   At the last supervised visit with mom the mom and babies ignored each other while mom tried getting  drinking money from me.   How anyone can risk losing these beautiful babies for alachol  I don't understand!  I Know its an illness I know it takes courage and determination and a lot of guts  to overcome addiction.  But these kids should provide a good incentive!  

I stopped in Grand Rapids at the Social Workers request but this park she found sucks  sorry bout lanuague!  No decent play equipment and  no room to run.   Steve is working 12 hrs 7 days so cant get over and auntie went home first of week.  They are farmers and this is harvest and until she gets the monsters she helps harvest.     I am going home.  I called a friend.   They are coming in a hr. Ill be home before noon  but will park the motor home at their place.  Will just have to be extra viligint. ANd nest weekend I have a get away!  A couples weekend with best friend!!!  No babies!  just adults in a favorite part of state up north!  NIece who has 3 teen girls are going to babysit.    Long ways from here!  one teen for each baby!  

My thoughts were much for Nan and her family yesterday.  Many prayers still going up .  Prayers also for all friends here and hoping you all have a good day ! 

well the terrorist tots are reving up again and I need to get this thing ready to roll in an hr with invaluable help of the monsters.

Cindy P.
on 9/28/13 10:32 pm

Jo, so glad you'll have a get-a-way next weekend!  You deserve a break for sure.

All is quiet here this morning.  Storm will ramp up between 2-8 p.m. so it will be safe to drive over the bridge to see my MIL this morning. 

I'm sitting here thinking that I was going to comment on yesterday's posts and now I can remember what I was going to say.  I sure don't have the memory I had when I was younger.  CRS for sure!

I hope everyone has a good day today.  Special prayers for Nan and family.

Cindy P.

cindibarre
on 9/28/13 11:08 pm - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Jo and OFF-

Sorry you have rain this morning and that it will keep you inside with the 3 dear little terrortots!  Sorry that the social worker can't arrange for increased police coverage at your house.  You and your husband should not be penalized for the good that you are doing for these poor children.  I get so angry when I see so many people our age having to deal with the mistakes of their children.  Yesterday I was in the grocery store and two grandmothers were lamenting about having taken custody of grandchildren and having to do homework with children again.  Something is wrong.

Cindy P - stay safe with the storm during your visit with your MIL.

Sunny here in Maine today.  The lake is flat and I should try to get a paddle in before the cooler weather makes it impossible.  Have to clean the house today, it's getting on my nerves.  Already making mental lists of things that have to be done for the fall shutdown.  I plan to pull out on October 20th and start the southwestward migration.  It will be a right angle kind of migration.  I will head south to NC to check on my Mom and then westward to Texas.

First project when I arrive at the refuge will be to prep everything for my booth at the Wildlife Expo on the 16th of November.  I will be letting people make bird feeders out of recycled plastic bottles, bamboo skewers and zip ties.  My partner in crime, Linda Ann, another WLS graduate will be helping me.  We are going to pre-drill the bottles so little hands do not have to play with sharp objects.  All the bamboo skewers will be pre-cut.  I'm making demo models to hang from the edges of the tent.  

Of course all of this is contingent upon our so called leaders funding a government budget.  If not, I may be homeless.  Seems to me that if Obamacare is so important to our country maybe we should put it to a vote rather than let the immature idiot children in Washington decide for us.

Okay, time to stop ranting and get my butt in gear.  I also have to do my exercise for the day in my commitment to move.

Positive thoughts to all in need and pain.  Have a wonderful Sunday ladies.

Cindi

poegirl100
on 9/28/13 11:51 pm - Cibolo, TX

Good Sunday Morning to you Jo, Cindi, Cindy, and all my OFF sistas!

OMG, Jo!  These people are incredible!  Bless your heart!  Bless those toddlers' hearts!  Bless the good aunt and uncle's hearts!  My gosh--what on earth is happening to people?  What would be happening to those 3 precious boys if you and Steve weren't standing in the gap to protect them?  I am SO PROUD of you!  I stand in awe, my friend!  Wish I could come and give you some relief.  I know what that's like.  Praying that you get your much-needed weekend away without any more problems.

Cindy P, how is your MIL doing?  I remember you posting about her health problems, but with my CRS (ha! I think it's a communicable disease!), I can't remember the details.

Cindi, Deep Breaths!  The transition will happen just fine.  You are so strong and independent and capable.  Just look at all you do and accomplish.  Making the bi-annual move won't be a problem for you at all!  And it will be good for you and your mom to visit.

So, we had a huge storm last night.  Knocked out our power for a couple of hours.  Lots of rain too I hope!  I was going to ask Mike to mow the grass for me today, but I guess that's out now.

Girls, I made an enormous batch of meat sauce and spaghetti last night and it is all gone!  That man can eat pasta!  But Chris didn't like my cake because I put nuts in it, and Mike only ate one piece.  So I have to exercise some self control and not eat my favorite cake for breakfast this morning.  Or lunch.  Or dinner.

Well I am now typing with one hand--and my left hand at that--because I have a precious armful of love sleeping on my chest, so I'll close.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 9/29/13 12:40 am - Galion, OH

Morning OFF family!!!

Jo I applaud you for taking care of those triplets like you do!!!! Hope they throw that bum in jail if and when they catch him!!!!

Cindy hang in there because there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Cindi safe travels!!! (hope I got the right Cindies lol) but you know which one I mean....;-)

Vic hope they eat more of that cake you made nuts and all!!! Heck some cakes NEED nuts in them to make them good!!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone I also have CRS lol!!!

Last night we went to Octoberfest got our food and left ASAP!!!! The brats were at it again!!!!!! Bet the police are happy it is now all over with!!! Got me one more Indian bread and also an elephant ear...I know I should not have the elephant ear but like I said its only once a year...;-)

Supposed to get some rain today here. Not sure when it will come just now...calling for some Monday as well. We do need it. Wi**** would rain while sleeping and just a NICE rain so we do not have to be on guard for flooding!!!

Bought a nice beef roast the other day at the farmers market where Rus-Man's meats were selling their farm raised meats. Had the steak the other night...what a difference in flavor!!! Can't wait to try the roast today!!

Watching football most of the day yesterday and last night...today is another round...yippeeee!!! I am only interested in Ohio State. Browns...what can I say about them? They won last week...LOL Give me NASCAR today!!!! Dale Jr has the pole!!! WOW!!!!!!!! OK hope I didn't jinx him now.

Went shopping for a few things yesterday and found a witches hat for $1.97! I have a black silky nightie with robe I am going to wear for my costume at our Halloween Party for the tenants. Some call me a witch even though they spell it different...LOL So see what reaction I get at the party...LMAO

OK Bandit is asking to go potty walk and I have to get dressed yet...I got to sleep in today til 9:30!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

carlak
on 9/29/13 1:23 am - Bradenton, FL

Well Miss Lavinia and mommy are still brewing in the hospital. Liz blood pressure is off the wall!!!!! Lavinia  wint latch on to the boob so they are pumping snd suplimenting with formula. I hope she will catch on. She is just like her mom. Liz did the same thing!!!!

Im just chilling in the asphalt jungle!!!!! Im ready to go back to Florida to my own bed!!!!!

jo i give u a lot of credit taking care of the triplets!!! as for the family breaking in your house! They deserve to be put away!!!!

Well I need to start my day! Lavinia needs sime girly things and grammy needs to go and get some bling!!!!!!

image hosting site

Connie D.
on 9/29/13 3:34 am

Good  morning Jo and everyone....

Jo...all I can say is you are amazing!

I have had a rough few days. I just don't have the energy to comment to everyone today. So sorry but I know you all understand. Some days are better then others.

Wishing you all a beautiful day!! Prayers for many in need....some special ones as well.

Much love and lots of hugs to all....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views