Early Thursday greetings from Owosso

Jo W.
on 10/1/13 9:02 pm - Owosso, MI

Good Morning OFF friends

Too early!!!!  the terrorist tots are up dressed and fed already!   These babies just love oatmeal.   Good start for the day.  They are now playing a new favorite game  called race!  They run the length of  3 rooms and back!  endlessly!!! We got home by mid morning Sunday and parked the motorhome at a friends so hopefully the dueling folk of the babies families don't  realize we are home.   Steve woke up Sunday afternoon the  smell of a nice  beef stew abubbling on the stove,  glad we were here just  concerned  for the kids.  Here I have help with the imps  I get respite care 3-4 hrs a day and that helps!   First lady who wanted to earn baby sitting money her idea was she watch them during nap time and keep them in a play pen rest ot the time!  no go naptime is my down time!   I have a young mom needing some money helping in the am for a while and a great teen in the afternoon for a while and that few hrs a day make so much difference,  mom brings her kids around the same age and lets them all run!

NoW I am looking forward to the weekend up north and my nieces are looking forward to babysitting the energizer bunnies!   Aunt jo pays well for good care and like all teens these girls like the mall!  

Heres hoping all have a good day   prayers from my house to yours. 

cindibarre
on 10/1/13 11:03 pm - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Jo and OFF-

Glad you are home and have more space for the triple threats to use up that energy.  Also glad that you have some help with them available.  Hope that you are all safe.  Enjoy your weekend getaway.

Gorgeous sunny fall day in Maine this morning.  I've been up for a while because I forgot to turn the alarm off on the phone  from yesterday.

House has returned to normal, Mah Jong ladies came and went yesterday.  I made sticky buns for the snack.  Sent the leftovers home with one woman whose husband loves baked goods.  I would have scarfed them down if I hadn't sent them home with her.  One of my ladies is a retired school teacher who has OCD and ADD.  If we don't follow the rituals perfectly we get a lecture.  Her ADD causes her to forget some of the steps of the ritual.  I like to play games but I am not competitive or obsessive so sometimes Mah Jong day is very frustrating.  I challenged a rule yesterday and you would have thought that I was a pre-schooler.  Anyway, I'm glad I had mindfully planned to send the leftovers home.  I took out my frustration on the elliptical machine before dinner.

I am driving to Bangor again today to meet with the psychologist.  I think these visits are helping me come to terms with food and some of my eating habits.  The scale hasn't moved downward but it hasn't moved upward.  My surgeon's program is working hard to make everyone successful from their WLS.  Each month they provide a support group and now they have counselors available to deal with binge eating disorder.

Naturally I am also frustrated about the government shutdown.  Many of my refuge friends are home not working today without pay.  I get very frustrated watching the politicians do the "Tarzan" thing and point in the other direction.  I seriously think we need to impeach them all and start over.  I guess part of the frustration comes from volunteering for a government agency where I see a lot of waste and a culture that focuses on political correctness to the point that they are paralyzed.

Okay, my rant is over for the day ladies.  

Jo-I'll be sending you positive vibes that everything goes well now that you're home.

Eileen- Hope your nerve block worked and that you'll be feeling better.

Vickie- Your one day closer to your weekend getaway.

Judy - Hope the Halloween decorating didn't aggrevate your shoulder.  Glad to read that your boss is so happy with your performance!

Debbie- Hope you're friend is now on the right side of recovery.

Connie- Positive thoughts that some housing becomes available.

Jennifer - Hope your healing from the biopsy and not going crazy waiting for the results.

Trish - Hope you get your new computer soon.

Thoughts still going out to Nan in her grief.

Jan- Hope returning to work is still going well.  Take the time to rest when your body tells you to!  You have started on a wonderful journey!

Well, I'm sure that I have forgotten someone and if so, sorry.  Positive thoughts going to all of you today.

Cindi

mermaidoz
on 10/2/13 6:44 am - Canada
Hi Cindi.

Thanks for wishing me good healing. Checked the incision today as desperately want to get in condo pool and get rid of the daily stiffness and pains I have if I dont go....nope, not healed enough yet for a public pool, ok for showers since last weekend.

And yes, about now I should be getting news from my doctor, so have a monstrous headache, and have developed a small canker sore inside bottom lip since yesterday (havent had one in over 15 years when my last parent was very ill and dying)....so all is stress related.

As soon as I know, will share my news.
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts
Hugs
Jennifer
Connie D.
on 10/2/13 8:12 am

Jennifer....still keeping you in my prayers....please no community pool...keep taking those long wonderful showers!!

Hugs and love....connie d

mermaidoz
on 10/2/13 8:24 am - Canada
Thanks Connie, was expecting to hear today, maybe Mañiana!
mermaidoz
on 10/2/13 8:36 am - Canada
Thanks Connie, was expecting to hear today, maybe Mañiana!
Debbie A.
on 10/1/13 11:37 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Morning OFF Family!

Was looking out my girlfriends kitchen window yesterday when all of a sudden I see water spouts shooting up. I must of stood there for over an hour watching the whales migrating south. What amazing creatures we have living among us.

Robin seems to be doing a little better every day. She didn't realize it last night but she moved her foot a little. When I told her she got very excited. I keep praying she gets the use of her foot back. This foot drop syndrome only happens to 1% of hip replacement surgeries. 

Making cheese cake cups today, there so good! I use low fat cream cheese, lite sour cream or greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and splenda sugar blend. Vanilla wafers crushed for the crust and a drizzle of dark choc ontop of the crushed cookies. Yummy!!!

Hope you all have a great day, thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Eileen Briesch
on 10/2/13 3:42 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Jo and my OFF family:

Jo, I think the energizer triplets have thrown you into the future ... it's Wednesday. I know this because it's my day off. 

Don't know how you do it ... one would wear me out.

I was so pooped yesterday I slept most of the day on and off. Watched the baseball game at night and read, but that was about it. Slept til about 10 a.m. today. 

Today, I'm re-energized. Back feels better, less ouchy. I have laundry going ... I stripped the bed first thing, then started in on the other laundry. Got salsa chicken in the crockpot. I'll go out later to get my car back from my boss, who drove me home from my procedure yesterday. 

Then it's more baseball tonight. American League wild-card game. And more reading. 

Hope everyone has a good day. Wish our government would get its act together and do something. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

mermaidoz
on 10/2/13 8:29 am - Canada
How's the detective work going with finding out who "hates Eileen" and put it in fine print of the newspaper?

Someday you are going to have to give me your recipe for salsa chicken in the crockpot (you make it often so must be easy and tasty).

Cheers,
Jennifer
Eileen Briesch
on 10/2/13 10:22 am - Evansville, IN

Still don't know who "hates Eileen" ... I jokingly asked the sports guys and one of them laughingly said, "well, we all do, Eileen," so I knew it wasn't him. The sports editor then went into a rant about all the things I have done wrong. He's a jerk and a bully. 

Salsa chicken ... I make it a lot because it's easy and tasty and lasts a long time. 

I use skinless boneless chicken thighs, but you can use breasts. I like thighs better because they're not as dry. 

Anyway, you take your chicken (you can even use it frozen, which I do), put it in a crockpot, sprinkle taco seasoning on top (I use low-sodium and don't use the whole package, about a half package). Then you mix a can of cream of chicken soup and a cup of salsa together. Pour that over the chicken. Cook on low for about six hours. Then, mix in a half cup of sour cream (or yogurt, if you prefer). just until it's blended. Serve over rice (I use brown rice, or if you can't use rice, whatever works for you). 

I throw some shredded cheese on top and heat it up in the microwave until it melts, too. Extra protein. I love cheese.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!