Early Thanksgiving Message to My Friends Here

Laureen S.
on 11/26/13 10:35 pm, edited 11/26/13 10:39 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi OFFr's,

It's been a while since I've checked in with you all here.  Many of you who know me, know I lost my brother at the end of August and also began a new job at the end of September, so between being there for my family and the job, I just haven't had the time or desire to be on my computer, other than to play WWFs or mindless games of Candy Crush, which I find soothes me after a tough day.  

On the loss of my brother, this has been a roller coaster for me and my family, and for me, the distance I live from my family (150 miles away) makes me feel alone, and when I spend time with my brother's children and wife, which I try to do at least on a monthly basis, it is all about them and I very often go home feeling extreme sadness, but this is natural and part of the process of grieving and I am no different than anyone else going through this sort of loss, but there are days that it hits me hard.  

As for the job, well I LOVE IT and while very stressful at times, I am making progress and it appears that they really are appreciative of the job I am doing and I am learning lots of new things, which is why when I come home from work, I am tired and just want to hang out with my Roxie girl, if I am not making an AA meeting or something else related to my recovery process.

I am writing from Florida, where I am visiting with my two daughters and the older of my grandchildren, where I generally come to celebrate Thanksgiving each year.  The weather here is cold, cold for Florida that is ;)

I hope you are all where you want to be and if not, I pray for your well being.  While I am not visiting you here as often as I once did, I think of you more often than you know.  I've had the great pleasure to know many of you for some time now and while there are some newbies on here, just know that here is a wonderfully supportive group of people that each root for one another's successes and triumphs both in the WLS arena as well as in life.  

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  Since tomorrow I will probably be busy with cooking, I wanted to stop in and wish each and everyone of you a most wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! 

With kind regards, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbie A.
on 11/27/13 12:38 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Morning Laureen and all to follow!

A happy early Thanksgiving to all! 

Congrats to the new apartment Connie, how wonderful for you! 

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Eileen Briesch
on 11/27/13 6:53 am - Evansville, IN

Happy Thanksgiving, Laureen and my OFF family:

I will be working tomorrow so I'm making my dinner tonight. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 11/27/13 8:22 am

Hello Laureen!!

It is wonderful to see your posts here once again on OFF. You have been missed. So happy to here things are going well for you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Love and hugs....connie d

Judy G.
on 11/28/13 3:02 am - Galion, OH

Happy Thanksgiving to you also!!!!! Think about you often...

HUGSSSSSSSS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views