water

Lisa W.
on 5/9/14 11:05 pm - Denver, CO

I am supposed to have 4 ounces every 15 minutes but i get really thirsty is mor than that ok or should i just stay with the 4 onces every 15.

Lisa Willis

mermaidoz
on 5/9/14 11:54 pm - Canada

Sip as much as you want, no gulps though...just sip sip sip, nonstop when awake, to keep hydrated.....I never had instructions as precise as yours, just to sip, no gulps, all day and night, and to try for 8 glasses a day, which I could not do at first despite my constant sipping. I still drink a bottle of water overnight now, thats the equivalent of 2 glasses! I have water with me all the time, even when I go out there's a bottle in my handbag....I got so used to sipping all day after my surgery and it has become a good habit to keep. Trouble is now I can gulp water down again, and what goes in has to come out!

Keep on sipping, as much as you feel like! Its a good thing!

Connie D.
on 5/10/14 2:56 am

You can SIP all you want.They just want you to have a minimum of 4 ounces every 15 minutes. Just take it slow and steady.

HUGS....connie d

Patricia R.
on 5/12/14 2:04 am - Perry, MI

My primary post-op instructions were to sip 64 ounces of water a day.  That's a half-gallon.  At my two week check up, I asked if my decaf iced tea was okay, and my surgeon said, any non-caffeinated beverage would be okay, if I chose to opt for that.  

Never hesitate to ask your doc if you're not sure.  My surgeon gave me his cell phone number the day I was discharged.  He's the best.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views