Thursday? WOW!

Ready2goNOW
on 8/13/15 7:09 am

Good Morning OFF Family!

I actually got up at my usual time this morning & have my usual energy back. Hooray! I hate feeling exhausted!

Since I can never predict when I will have energy & when I won't I plan to be busy today. I really need to clear out my bedroom closet (thanks Vickie...lol) as I know some of my clothes will never fit again. So I want to clear that up a bit as well as some shoes & other crap I have been storing in there that needs to go.

I also stocked up on canned goods so I need to organize them.

Not exciting work, but I always feel better when I am organized.

I need to swim & walk today to make up for Monday & Tuesday, and then I hope we can get out this evening to do something as a family. It's just too hot during the day & I see we are supposed to be getting a 5 day heat wave after the weekend.

Hope everyone here has a good day.

Kathy

Connie D.
on 8/13/15 2:14 am, edited 8/13/15 2:30 am

Good morning Kathy....

Kathy....I am so happy that you got your energy back!!! I agree...do what you can when you can!!! 

When cleaning out your closet find one of your largest tops or pants and save then as a reminder of where you were. I have a shirt in my closet. When I feel like giving up I look at that shirt and know I never want to be there again!! Just my opinion if you would rather not that is okay too. 

I am the same way about my pantry. I have everything lined up and in order. I can make a quick glance and know what I will need to put on my shopping list. I love organization and especially in areas like this. Yes...I have a little OCD!!! 

Have a fun time with your family this evening. That makes me happy. I know how important it is to have quality family time!

Love you...hugs too....connie d

Connie D.
on 8/13/15 9:50 am

Hello Kathy and everyone.....

I am doing okay today. Somewhat sore but better then yesterday.

I have been busy this morning. I cleaned out drawers in one of my dressers. I still have more purging to do. If I still feel okay later I may do the other dresser. I have more things to donate...YAY!!!

I went down to the office to fill out my menu's for this next week's lunches. They have some pretty good meals set up. I don't eat beef so sometimes I can't order for that day. Some days I just plain don't like what they are offering. That is okay, I have plenty of food here. I'm was only eating three times this week. Now I am on my own the rest of the week. I do love to cook even if it is only for myself. 

I wish I could open windows there is such a wonderful breeze blowing outside. Temp is 77 degrees but the humidity is 84%. Last night it got down to 61 but the humidity at night has been in the 80 and 90% range every night. The temp is going to be in the 90s the next few days. I will be inside!!

I hope everyone is doing okay. Special prayers for Vickie, Eileen,  Judy, Mary and a few others too.

Prayers for all of our amazing OFF family and their families.

I will check back in later. Have a wonderful day!!

Lots of love and gentle hugs to all.....connie d

Patricia R.
on 8/13/15 11:17 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Kathy,

I understand about maximizing the use of our energetic days.  I had good days, when I take on the world, then days where I'm lucky if I change out of my lounging gown, and fill the dishwasher.

Today, I was at the orthopedist's, getting one shot in my left foot, for my big toe, then two in my right hand, one for the knuckle near my thumb, and the one by my fore finger.  Arthritis sometimes makes my hand so painful, I want to just not use my hands at all.

I have unpacking and cleaning to do.  Plus, some cooking.

Vickie, I love the picture of Pita.  I do have to ask, how do you get pictures to post in your stuff here.  I know how to do it on my page here, but have no clue how I'd post one in my messages.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 8/13/15 1:24 pm

Hello Trish...I hope the shots help. The shots in my thumbs never help me. My thumbs are so painful some days I cry. They have done some other treatments too and those didn't help. They said it is hard to do the thumbs as they have to be lucky to hit the right spot. Kind of hit and miss. Mine have been all misses. My hot wax treatments help the most.

I hope you got done unpacking and cooking as you planned. I don't know how you find the energy after the weekend you had.

Did you get a good nights sleep last night? I hope so.

Have a good rest of the day...love and hugs...connie d

Cindy P.
on 8/13/15 11:53 am

Good morning.  Just got back from eye exam and, thus, my vision is blurry -- PLUS, they put deep scratches in each of my lenses when they checked the current prescription.  I called to let them know that the machine is scratching lenses (hubby's are scratched too, but not as bad as mine) and the person I talked to tried to tell me that maybe my lenses were older and some of the coating wore off.  Grrrr.  How frustrating is that?  They didn't have scratches on them when I went there!  Fortunately, we are going to be getting new glasses -- but I definitely think the eye doc's office should take something off our bill.

Anyway, onward and upward with the day.

Our deck is nearing completion.  Have to get a few other things tended to -- like getting window coverings for the sliding glass door, etc.  It has been a bit of a challenge having construction workers here but we are almost DONE. 

I am still having sleep issues but not as bad as they were a few days ago.  I think the medication adjustment the doc made yesterday has already helped.  I am so glad.  It's normal for me to wake up a couple of hours after going to bed and to be awake for a while after that -- but not to be awake the whole night as I had been doing.

We have a vet appointment for our dog this afternoon and after that we can kick back and relax.  Tomorrow is another busy day but on Saturday we can actually sleep in if we want to.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 8/13/15 1:49 pm

Hello Cindy....I am so glad the deck is near completion!! It has been awhile and a lot of construction work. Having those guys around all the time, I would have stayed in my bedroom. I don't like strangers around even if they are working. Oh well, that is just me.

I would be pissed about your glasses and I would demand a discount. Call again and ask for the owner or manager. They need to know about that machine. If they don't listen take it further. The same thing shouldn't happen to both of you at the same time. That is a machine problem. Tell them what the other person said. That isn't acceptable. Good luck sweetie!!!

I hope the medication helps you soon!!

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Judy G.
on 8/13/15 2:43 pm - Galion, OH

Hello...I am here reading and just to darn tired to post...well nothing really anything to say actually...sighs.

Yesterday we had THREE toilets plugged up and overflowing in same building/area and had to call in the sewer guy...Had to go in 150 feet to clear the plugged up area!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!! How anyone can stand that type of job...  

Still not sure what to do about new phones...I know we NEED VERIZON. Just the PLAN is what scares me and the NEW Phones. We are both so dumb when it comes to using these new gadgets!!! My son said to get one like his...Samsung S5. Yeah ok. But he is 5 hours away how does he teach us how to use the darn thing???????

Just heard we have a tenant moving out...nice. She did call me to tell me she would be moving out because she is having health issues. BUT her family didn't let me know anything. I have nothing in writing like I told her I needed. Just when you think you have a full complex...sighs.

Pre-op tests Monday...never said if I had to fast for the blood tests...nothing came in the mail yet either. Guess I call them tomorrow to ask huh. No instructions for surgery either. Nice. Wednesday is surgery. I have a headache.

Rick is cooking country ribs and corn on the cob on the grill tonight. Whole complex smells goooooooood!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOO Hope they are all drooling!!!

So that is my news for now.

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them.

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 8/14/15 10:40 am

Hi Judy...I hope you pre op exam goes well. Your surgery is this next Wednesday right? I will be praying for you. I hope the results are good.

YUM...bbq ribs and fresh sweet corn...can't get much better then that! I am sure you enjoyed that meal!! I am surprised someone didn't come over and invite themselves..LOL!

I hope the tenant does well that needs to move out. I know you just finally had all the apartments filled. I am sure you would of had some of the others leave first!!

Get an Apple iPhone. I can't believe how easy it was for me to learn how to use it. That phone can do anything. Pictures turn out so great!! You should think about it.

Do you know that Verizon is now charging for their phones. You don't have to have a 2 year contract anymore. They think it is better for consumers. I think it is better for them.They don't have to be collecting payments and dealing with contracts anymore.You buy the phone and then you are done. I am not sure but it could be in effect September 1st. Most all places are going that way or have already. AT&T has and I think Sprint too. Sorry...maybe you all ready know this. They have been advertising it and sending letters out for weeks. You might want to call or get on their website.

Love you..hugs...connie d 

Judy G.
on 8/14/15 2:39 pm - Galion, OH

Connie our little hick town NEEDS Verizon here or we have dropped calls or NO calls at all...so we are STUCK with Verizon!!! GRRRRRRRRRR And yeah I saw that they stopped the contracts as of this past Thursday. Not sure if Verizon offers the Apple or not? When we have some spare time we will go looking.

HUGSSSSS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views