Sunny Summer Sunday

Ready2goNOW
on 8/16/15 6:55 am

Good Morning Ladies!

I've been up for a couple hours and have some energy today! That is always a good thing! We are expecting this heat wave to come in and hang around for a full week. God is good...I can get a lot of swimming in and hopefully another beach trip this week before Jazz starts school next week! Even tough I am not going back to school it always seems to signal the end of summer to me once the kids are back in school...

Had a blast at my niece's yesterday. She is a great hostess. After the birthday party we walked down to the beach (2 blocks) and everyone did some boating, more talking and sunning. The sunset was beautiful. I really hate to see summer end.

My middle daughter was unable to make it up due to her never-ending work schedule. She is going to try to come up for a visit today. I have only seen her once this summer even though we have gone down to the beach where she works numerous times. she is a manager at a restaurant & is ALWAYS working! Sigh! Hope she can make it today.

Vickie - good to see you posting yesterday. You sure are creative! Sounds like you were more relaxed the past few days - I hope so!

Cindy - sorry to hear about your car being damaged, but hopefully it will get fixed soon. That is always such a hassle!

Cindy - your comment about your dog made me smile. We just got our little mutt about 3 weeks ago & I really connected w/her. She is a little lap dog...daschund, terrier & chiwala (spelling...too lazy to look it up!) mix. She follows me everywhere! And I don't even have to give her treats! She'll do anything I ask!

Eileen - I sure don't miss working & the politics that go along with it. One of the things my family said yesterday was how much more relaxed I looked since I retired last year. And I feel it. the dumb stuff over 25 years just continued to add up! glad you got back to the Y and enjoyed it!

Connie - I hope you wake feeling better today. It is hard to lose ppl we love & who were big players in our lives. Your friend sounded very special. It is always a blessing to have ppl in our lives who 'get us.'

Well, need to get showered & dressed. Been surfing for awhile. Everyone have a great day!

Kathy

lightswitch
on 8/16/15 8:11 am

Hey Ladies,

I hope your weekend was productive and peaceful.  Well, I had my two younger grandkids (11 year-old-boy and his 8 year-old-sister) and we spent the weekend warming up for school.  My granddaughter got a little lesson in hemming and she did hem the pants legs on one pair of her pants that I made her but after she went to sleep, I sort of redid them a little...not much...okay, I took the thread out and redid the whole thing.   She did a good job for her first time but she needs practice and will get it in the next few months.  I made her three pair of extreme bell bottom pants and she loves them so much.  The pattern was for just regular bells but I started the bell up just below the knee and really flared them out a lot and it turned out to be very nice.  So, I made her two extra pairs...of course with flower print on two pairs and one pair I used jean material and we put some little flower and animal iron on patches to make them look special.  She is going to be, as usual, the best dressed kid in school.  It has become a yearly thing for the teachers to all come and see what she is wearing the first two weeks of school. She said, Nana, they tell me that I set the bar for fashion in the elementary school...is that crazy!  I tell her no, it's not crazy. So, we try to outdo each year by leaps and bounds.  This year, I did make a few extra things in various sizes for her to donate to the clothes closet.  When I went down for open house at the school and to meet their teachers, she hung the clothes in the closet and told me she hoped her BFF got those pants because her friend, she says, doesn't have pretty clothes.  So, my daughter called her mom and while I was whipping up my granddaughter's clothes, I made a few pants, shorts, and skirts for her friend.  I just bought a bunch of shirts at Walmart for her because I didn't have time to whip up shirts too. So, when school starts tomorrow, my granddaughter and her BFF will have some matching clothes to wear.  

Other than sewing like a crazy person, my weekend has been filled with baking cookies, or letting the kids bake them. You know, I love when they get old enough to read the recipe and are able to remember what whip means and how to blend stuff together to add to dry ingredients.  While I sewed at the kitchen table, they made cookies and they did a pretty good job...the only problem was they ate most of the cookie dough but hey, it's not the end result we are looking for but the memories and fun they have on the way to the end, right?

Well,ladies, I hope you all have a good day...Connie, I hope you are staying put until you start feeling better.  Eileen, there will come a time when enough is enough and you put all that work behind you.  If you are eligible for retirement or disability, take it...don't be miserable. If my job ever gets where it becomes too painful for me, I am hanging up the business clothes and trading in for sweats and tees.  Vic, I am so glad you are getting things done and doing some sewing.  I know it is so hard having your mom there but eventually you will figure out how to exist together; she will learn your moods and know what triggers to avoid and you, too, will learn hers....for now, though, I can see that just being productive is helping you cope.  Judy, I cannot imagine how awful it is living at a place where your every move is critiqued and reported. Sadly for you, your day never ends.  

To the rest of you ladies, have a good day. 

Connie D.
on 8/16/15 3:36 pm

Hello Jeannie....I thought I had enough energy to post to everyone...I am slowly crashing. I will do my best.

It is wonderful how you made up clothes for your granddaughter and then her BBF. That young girl will love her clothes and never forget you for taking the time to make them for her. You are such a lovely lady!!

You are teaching your grandchildren things that they can use their whole lives. Sewing, cooking and baking...they are so fortunate! I am happy for them!

I have been staying put. I haven't done anything but shower and read the newspaper. I have been watching movie's all day.

Yesterday I put everyone's phone numbers in my new phone. It was a lot of work and just what I needed to keep myself occupied. My old phone lost a lot of my numbers and all my pictures. I sent messages out to a few people to send a PM to me with their phone numbers, address, e-mial and whatever. I have one gal I am still waiting for. I know they are on vacation.

If anyone here.... would like to send me their phone number or whatever I would love to have them. Please PM me the info...either in a message on Facebook or message on here. I will not give it to anyone else without your permission. You can trust me.

Love you Jeannie...HUGS....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 8/16/15 6:43 pm

Just wanted to say how cool I think it is, Jeannie, that you do that sewing for your granddaughter so she is recognized in school. That means so much to kids that they have something positive to show that attracts good attention from their peers!

Then you go the extra mile for her friend!

Wouldn't the world be a better place if others tried to do some similar acts of kindness?

Kathy

cindibarre
on 8/16/15 8:32 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning Kathy and OFF-

Well ladies today it's hot and muggy in Maine so I am going to take it easy and just read.  Definately feeling lazy today after the trip to town to see the quilt show yesterday.

Picked up 7 quarts of Maine blueberries yesterday from my fish monger Chester.  5 quarts in the drier at the moment drying so I can use them this winter in Texas.  Settled on drying several years ago when I started storing the RV in Texas rather than bringing it to Maine each summer.  Easy to carry dried blueberries.  So while I read my book the blueberries will dry.

Weighed myself this morning and I am not happy at all.  So this morning breakfast was a protein shake with blueberries.  Have got to get the eating under control again.  Sadly I have very little restriction with my sleeve these days.  Oh well, live and learn.  Just have to cut back on the comfort eating and do the liquid diet for two weeks.  Doable as I have nothing else to do at the moment so here goes nothing.

Not much else is new in the Maine area.  Finally hot weather.  My tomato plants will be happy.  Local farmers will be happy too as their corn crop will finally mature!

Thoughts going out to all of you having issues.  Kathy liked the pictures of the party you posted.  You can really see your weight loss already prior to surgery.  You are going to look absolutely fabulous after your surgery.

Cindi B.

Connie D.
on 8/16/15 4:02 pm

Hello Cindi....I feel bad for you with all that high humidity.This week has been horrible here...although so much better then winter with -34 degrees!!

How did that showing go last week? Any news from that realtor yes? 

Dried fresh blueberries...YUM!!! You will love them this winter. Mmmmmmm pancakes, muffins and all those yummy things!!

I am afraid to weigh myself...I can feel that I have gained back the majority of my lost 26 pounds!! I totaled sabotaged my eating in all ways. More junk, bad choices and larger portions. Oh yes....lets not forget eating at night!!! I see my doctor on Thursday. She will be disappointed in me. Not anymore disappointed then I am in myself!! I feel like a beached whale!!

I love quilt shows. It is always so amazing to see all the different kinds of quilts and all the work they have put into them.The lady next door to me has quilted for many years. She is in her mid 80's. She has just now had to quit quilting because of her painful hands and wrists. 

Have a good evening...love and hugs....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 8/16/15 6:46 pm

Thank you for the compliment, Cindi!

I have been giving in to cravings for weeks now so I have stalled in my weight loss. I am still maintaining my calories, but the carbs are out of control.

A real reminder of why I need this surgery!

Kathy

Judy G.
on 8/16/15 9:53 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family....Well I talked to my mom last night...found out she had a surgery Friday!!! NOBODY called me!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR She said they went in thru below her stomach area and put some dye in and wanted to see if she was blocked anywhere. NOPE all good!! Said she still has a couple more drs to see yet. OK...not sure what kind they are. OK. She said my sister had a surgery yesterday again. They also told her she should go to UofM hospital and see if they can do more for her. Seems they can't anymore. Her veins are so BAD!!! Please those Prayers going for her!! Thankyou!!!!

Rick is firing up the new Smoker we bought and is going to smoke some of the fish they caught. His first time trying this type of thing...YIKES....hope it turns out or its take out tonight!! LOL

Tomorrow we get up EARLY so we can get to Columbus for my pre-op tests. Wednesday is the surgery. I am scared to death of this laser on my cervix. With all the problems my sister is going through since her radiation on her privates...makes me scared to death!!! I know its not the same thing but still....

Well Need to get over to laundry room see if I can use it today...if not it will be after hours tonight!! GRRRRRRRRR

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 8/16/15 4:17 pm

Hello Judy...I still don't get why your family never lets you know about surgeries involving your mom and sister. Bonnie doesn't seem to be doing so well.  That is spiteful to not tell you that kind if information!!! Shame on them!! I pray for both of them all the time.

I know Wednesday is the day of your surgery. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers!! Please try to relax, I know that won't be easy. Any kind of procedure like that is scary. Prayers too for tomorrow that the prep goes well and you have a safe trip there and back.

I am so jealous...you have a smoker now too...I love those...food is always so good and moist!!! I love the grill too. I miss those kinds of things. Oh well. I hope you loved the fish!!

Love you much....HUGS....connie d

Judy G.
on 8/16/15 4:45 pm - Galion, OH

Connie...I am so done with my family. They are all asses. End of story. I have to rely on mom and when she is gone I am done. The only family I have back home is my son. Period.

The fish came out ok...I am not a fish eater. I LOVE Perch. The salmon and trout to me are fishy tasting and I do not like that fishy taste. Love the MILD fish only. Cod, Haddock are also good to me. You can have the rest...LOL.

Thanks for the Prayers!! looks like possible storms both days for traveling. HATE IT!!!!!!! Glad I won't be the one driving!!!

Love you too!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views