BRRRR...CHILLY TUESDAY

Ready2goNOW
on 9/22/15 7:27 am

Good Morning Everyone!

I wanted to stop in before I got too busy. It is really chilly here today...weather is crazy going from the 80's during the day down to the low 60's. The good news is I can breathe better without the heat and humidity...the bad news is we closed the pool.  I have been trying to get my exercise from walking, but my right knee is killing me. Like Jeannie mentioned I, too, am walking with a limp. The pain is getting so severe I think I will make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor despite my original plan to wait until after my WLS. Ugh!

I had a bunch of weird dreams last night that disrupted my sleep. Can't remember them except for waking for a minute and praying I would not fall back into the same dream. I don't usually have bad dreams so don't know what set this off. Another ugh!

I am going with Jim for his long-awaited urology appointment this afternoon. He has been having severe lower back pain every morning when he pees. Similar to a kidney stone. It took 2 months to get in to see the kidney doctor his PCP referred him to...she diagnosed stage 3 chronic kidney disease. However, she said he would need to talk to the urologist about the severe pain! I am worried since his dad passed from prostrate cancer. He takes percoset for his knee and phantom pain along with lyrica, but these meds are doing nothing for his pain. Wish him luck!

I am trying to get things in order for my surgery. Food, vitamins, updated will, etc. I am such a worrywart! I am also starting to fill out job applications with the hope I can get something about a month after surgery. This knee problem needs to be sorted out, too.

Anyhow, enough about my woes!

Connie, I hope you don't get that 1st floor apartment. You need to feel safe and it sounds like a 1st floor place would trigger you. I thought at one point you were considering a move to a warmer climate? I thought St. Paul was as cold as Minneapolis? I pray you get close to your family! They sound like a tremendous help to you. I have had issues with allowing my kids to help out when I needed it...like Kelly do ladder stuff, but I have to acknowledge we are not spring chickens anymore. And be grateful we have kids who WANT to help!

Cindi B. -glad your almost ready to go! I hope your ailments improve so when you get down to TX you can unpack and get down to business enjoying life.

Mary - you are also blessed with your daughter helping you out. I hear you about the situation with the boyfriend not being available as often as you would like, but at least they are willing when they do have time.

Eileen - your fall must have been awful! I am glad you did not break a hip or arm. Please take care...not a good time with just moving. I read both your and your co-workers articles...they were super. Congrats on being in the top 10. You know the Pope is coming to Philadelphia next week. That is all they have been covering on the news...top story everyday for weeks.

Vickie - your sewing continues to amaze me. You have my sympathies about the tax situation - I find it difficult to pull all the necessary info together during tax season and procrastinate as much as possible. I know it has to be far worse to have to do it under your cir****tances. Which reminds me of you being in the grieving process. You really do need to set limits regarding company, babysitting, your mom, etc. Life may go on for them as usual, but you have lost the most important component of your life. time is the only thing that is going to get you through the worst of it. stand your ground!

Trish - all I can say it OUCH! all those teeth pulled at the same time! And those kids are so cute they should be modeling in a Penney's catalog.

Jeannie - have definitely missed you & sorry to hear you are going through so much pain. I hope you get back to 'normal' ASAP.

Cindy - your love for your dog is so evident! I love my little 'Tinker' and can't imagine why the family who had her wanted to give her away! I guess she was just meant for me. All 10 pounds of her serves as my bodyguard and snugglebutt! I love when we come home and she tells me how much she missed me. she just 'talks up' a storm when we come thru the door!

Well, I must get going. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Kathy

Patricia R.
on 9/22/15 10:15 am - Perry, MI

Hi Kathy,

Vickie and you both posted at the same time.  So, I thought I'd write to both of you at the same time.

I missed Eileen's article.  If you have the article, or a link, could you give it to me?  

I wish I could be in Philly to hear the pope, and I'm not even Catholic.  I left that church in 1975, to go to Evangelical Baptist churches.  Pope Francis sounds like someone who actually understands that Jesus cared about us little people.

I'm doing okay since yesterday, and that includes getting a shot in my back this morning.

For planning for the post-op phase, I don't know what your dietary instructions will be, but I recommend AnyWhey protein shakes.  AnyWhey is a protein powder, which I'm sure you can find online.  I made two types of shakes.  One was with Chobani yogurt, milk, a scoop of the AnyWhey, and frozen berries.  .  One scoop has 15 grams of protein.  8 ounces of milk has 8 grams.  Not sure about the yogurt.  The other shake was a packet of No Sugar Added Instant Breakfast, 8 ounces of milk, and a scoop of AnyWhey.  

For soft foods, since I stocked up for this dental work, I have Chobani yogurt, sugar free pudding and Jello, sugar free popsicles, refried beans with melted cheddar, cottage cheese, broths, and tons of ice water.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Ready2goNOW
on 9/23/15 5:28 am

Hi Trish!

Eileen had the link to her article in her posting. I think it was on Monday. I don't know how to transfer that stuff - my computer skills are limited!

I left the Church at 16. I consider myself a 'recovering Catholic' after years of Catholic school and too many Masses for my taste. I actually went thru a period of having absolutely no respect for organized religion and a disdain for anyone 'too religious.' Thankfully, I found my way back through a strong spiritual connection developed in 12 step programs & full circle after my cancer diagnosis. I DO like what I hear and see of this Pope. He seems very down to earth and not so old or political he is out of touch. However, there is no way I could handle the crowds to go up to Philly. I probably would only brave that for Don Henley...or Mick Jagger...lol!

It will be interesting to see how well I behave next week. I am down to one good day - 2 bad days, etc. in terms of eating. I am sure it is anxiety. But I feel like I am actually hungover after a bad day. I have stocked up on most of your suggestions, but I hate yogurt. I really wish I could develop a taste for it...I have tried w/out success!

I hope your mouth is okay by the time you read this! Thanks!

Kathy

cindibarre
on 9/23/15 5:39 am - Danforth, ME

Trish-

Here's the link:  Oh, the front page I was in charge of last night made the top 10 of Newseum ... here it is: http//www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/?tfp_display=topten

Cindi

Connie D.
on 9/22/15 5:44 pm

Hello Kathy.....nice to see you here....I am sad at the closing of your pool. That means summer is ending...tears .

Our temps have been the same as yours until today...high only 73....nights are cold. 

Oh honey I am so sorry about your knee. Don't do anymore now until you can get help with it. Hopefully you can get a shot that will cover that for awhile!!

Bad dreams...yup mine are crazy too...they scare me awake but I can't remember what they were about. I am just scared and shaking after. I think it has to do with the seasonal changes!! I hope yours stop soon too!!

I immediately sent up a prayer for Jim and of course you too!! I hope Jim can get some help from the urologist for that pain and the outcome is good. I will keep praying for all your family. 

I have decided the cottages will not work for me. I know how I am about living like that. I just can't take the chance. My daughter absolutely doesn't want me there!! When I stayed at her house when they were gone somewhere I slept more in the day and stayed up at night. I was scared until the sun rose again. What a big baby....after all this time I should be over this!!! I will look for another place more like I am in now. 

I would love to live where it is nice and warm!!! I also know I won't leave my children and grandchildren. We are just too close to each other. I will mange with the cold. I am hardly ever out in it anymore anyway.

I hope you have a good evening...try not to overload your head with all that information of your surgery. Trust me, it will all fall into place and things will be just fine. 

I love you...prayers and hugs too....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 9/23/15 5:44 am

Connie,

My knee is really ******g me off...sorry for the French! I had knee problems as a kid and this one was the one they operated on so it has always been a pain (no pun intended) off and on since then. But usually the pain would go away after a week or two. Now it's been constant, and I am frustrated b/c I need to exercise. I can't afford to join the Y right now to swim which is the only other exercise I enjoy...we'll see how this plays out. I really had begun to enjoy walking!

Glad to hear you will not be taking a 1st floor apartment! I think it is for the best. I think there are some things you never 'get over' in life...if lucky you 'get through' them. A rape by TWO...not one man would certainly fall into that category! The ultimate violation...

Thank you for the prayers for Jim. I did not care for the urologist who 'pronounced' his pain to be arthritis as he came thru the door w/his chart! I doubt it, but Jim is willing to try a pill that helps his urine stream to see if that helps w/the pain. I don't get the relationship between the pain and weak urine stream, but I am not a doctor...ugh!

I hear you about not wanting to move far from your kids. I need mine close by, too. I also do not see myself moving out of state as I am just a native Delawarean. I get anxious about being in new situations, and as much as I'd love a place by the beach in a year-round warm environment I know it isn't going to happen. My roots run deep here!

I wanted to respond to your post, but I am getting cranky already...lol...I think I need to lie down for another hour.

Have a great day!

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views