Super Sunday

cindibarre
on 2/7/16 6:33 am - Danforth, ME

Greetings OFF Family-

I'm alive and well still in NC with Mom.  She's in the rehab facility at her senior independent living facility and making great strides to getting back to her duplex.

Final diagnosis was another TIA cause unknown as her heart is clear, her carotids are clear and their protocol doesn't require them to test any further.  I took her to her neurologist last Monday.  He considers it a TIA due to aspirin failure.  She was taking 975 mg of aspirin every morning.  He offered her that she could switch to Plavix but due to her high risk of falls didn't recommend Coumidin or any blood thinners.

So she's getting speech, cognitive, physical and occupational therapy daily.  I've seen continued improvement and hopefully this week they will assess whether she can come home to her house.  I've been taking up all the throw rugs as they are trip hazards.  Also moving some furniture around to clear pathways for a walker although their goal for her is getting her back to her cane.

Meanwhile I made a trip to the ER last week because I had a tight band around my chest and jaw pain.  The rehab nurses checked my BP which was normal.  I went to a urgent care facility who did an EKG and recommended that I see a cardiologist for further testing.  They tried to get me into the two cardiology practises in town no luck so off I went to the ER.  I got there at 1:05pm, they took an EKG and then I waited with the masses in the waiting room until 6:15 when I was seen by the doctor and the vampires.  They checked my cardiac enzymes and did an hour of EKG monitoring.  Anxiety attack and acid reflux.  Picked up my happy pills and some Zantac and went home to sleep.  Mom had no clue what was going on, I told the nurses and social workers.

So with two days of Zantac the tight band around my chest is gone and I'm not worried about my heart.  I will see my PCP when I get back to Texas and arrange for my 5 year stress EKG along with an endoscope to check for ulcers.  Meanwhile the tooth from hell is talking to me daily.  I'm nursing it along with antibiotics and Ibuprohen plus Tylenol but I fear that it will be pulled this coming week.  Tomorrow's chore will be to try to get an xray to see if its abcessing.  When it rains it pours as they say.

Judy sorry to read about your Barrett's and the added stress of dealing with managed healthcare.  I am swinging chickens for you that everything will work out.  Sorry to also read about your sister.  So much settling on you at once, certainly know that feeling.

Connie glad to see you back posting.  Sorry to read about Kipley, I know that is rough on any family.  Glad to read that Gracie is bouncing back.

Jeannie happy to read that DH recovered from his colonoscopy without being murdered by her dedicated wife!  Also glad to read that your foot is healing.

Vickie sorry you had to wait several more days for the "check in the mail".  Remember some first babies come late so just breath and take one day at a time with the nursery assembly.  The important part is done, the pack n play for the first few weeks in Carrie's bedroom is assembled.  I loved that little dress that Judy shared with you.  I hope that you will make it for Caralee.

Mary snow storms stink hope you're able to find a snow blower.  I had an electric one made by TORO that I used when I lived in NH.  I like the idea that you are going on an adventure to visit Jim's father and your friends out in the west.  While you're in San Diego definitely go to the Zoo.  And drive to LA to kick my idiot brother in the butt.

Julia I bought a coloring book and colored pencils yesterday when I was in Hobby Lobby getting vision aids for Mom.  The gift shop here at Penick Village is selling pencils and coloring books too.  I hope to be able to sit quietly to color this week and join all of you.

Trish hope the foot continues to heal well and you become more mobile.  Its wonderful that your church is bringing you meals.  Again I recommend the TORO electric snow blower if it's still being made.  It's lightweight and you don't have to worry about fuel just a long heavy duty powercord.

Ladies I know that I have left some of you out but that's because my CRS is at an all time high.  I've been reading and lurking just haven't had the energy to post anything.  Thoughts and hugs going out to all of you.

Cindi B

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/16 6:56 am

We posted at the same time.  I thought it unusual for me to be the first on the site.  Glad your mother is improving and getting the therapy needed to get back into her own home.  Your trip to the ER must have been worrying.  Glad things were resolved.  Stress does so much harm both seen and unseen.  Hope you make it back to Texas before our short spring is over.  I am thinking of visiting Anahauc when I get back from Arkansas.  There must be a lot of birds there now.  I love the spoonbills they are so beautiful.

My tummy is telling me to eat breakfast so I guess I had better get in the kitchen and make my oatmeal.

Hello to everyone else

Ready2goNOW
on 2/7/16 7:12 am

Hi Cindi and Linda!

3 of us posting at same time!

Cindi, you have had alot of stress for months between your packing and move, driving back and forth across the country, etc. No wonder you're having anxiety! Remember to take care of you first...your mom has the facility to look after her.

Linda, I wish we'd hit 60...we might see a high of 40 today...ugh! Enjoy your trip!

Kathy

Eileen Briesch
on 2/7/16 12:12 pm - Evansville, IN

Three threads at one time! Cindi, glad your mom is doing well. If Zantac doesn't work, try Prilosec or Nexium. I was told my GERD would be over after WLS, but two days after surgery I started having heartburn again. Been on PPIs ever since.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 2/7/16 4:18 pm - Cibolo, TX

Happy Super Sunday, sistas!

So many threads today.  I have read through them all.  Sounds like everyone is muddling along.  

Cindi, you have been on my mind the past few days, but things have been so hectic around here, I haven't had a minute to text you.  I wondered what was going on with you.  Honey, you've had so much stress the past several months--moving, going back and forth to see your mom, and then her falling ill--no wonder your body rebelled!  So, I'm sorry you had such a scary incident, but so thankful that you were not having a cardiac incident!  I'm sorry about your mom having another TIA.  You must be feeling very frustrated with everything that is going on.  I'll be praying for you.

Carrie and I had a busy day.  We went shopping for a crib today.  Ha!  You would think that with all the babies that are born there would be baby furniture in the stores.  NOT.  We went all over and couldn't find anything in the stores except some really cheap stuff.  So we came home and ordered a crib on-line.  We found the one we wanted and then shopped for the best price/delivery time.  We ended up ordering the crib from Wal Mart and it will be here on Thursday.  

We got the rest of the little things she needed, and we got her baby bathtub.  I guess we're pretty much ready now.  

I am going to crochet an afghan for her neighbor Nell as a thank-you for all the love and friendship she has given Carrie over the past couple of years.  Nell and Carrie are the same age (33), but Nell has FOUR sons (the oldest is 18) and she has really had a tough life.  Like Carrie, there is no baby daddy to help her out.  How that girl has made it with all those boys and only a high school education is beyond me.  Yet she is just as kind and sweet and thoughtful as she can be.  She really does love Carrie and I know she would do anything for her.  She has all those boys, so I want her to have a really pretty, feminine afghan just for her.

Anyway, it will give me something to do while I am here in Waco.  Carrie's going to find out Nell's favorite color and I'll go buy the yarn this week.

I'm not sleeping all that well here at Carrie's house yet.  For one thing, I miss my puppies.  It's been YEARS since I've slept alone in a bed.  i miss that warm little body snuggled up next to me.  And for another, I'm on edge a bit, waiting for this baby to arrive.  Last night I finally gave up around 12:30 p.m. and decided to take a couple of Tylenol PMs.  BIG MISTAKE.  That stuff gives me restless leg syndrome.  Oh, it was hours before it let up.  So I'm tired this evening.  Hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

Well, the Super Bowl is on, and I'm not very much into it, but I like the commercials.  Hope everyone else is enjoying the game.  

Love you all!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views