Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash

poegirl100
on 2/17/16 4:27 pm - Cibolo, TX

Oh, this turned out so well!  It is yummy!  I like converting meat recipes to vegetarian recipes.  On this one, I took out the chicken and substituted chunks of avocado.  Very good!

Tex Mex Spaghetti Squash

I only used half a large spaghetti squash for two-three servings.  You could use the whole squash for 4-5 servings.  The following amounts are for a HALF recipe:

1 large spaghetti squash

Olive oil

S&P

½ can black beans,rinsed and drained

½ can niblets, rinsed and drained

1 large avocado, cut into large chunks

Lime juice

1 med. Tomato, cut into large chunks

¼ c. chopped onion

½ c. salsa (any type; mild or medium)

Taco seasoning

1 c. shredded cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 425° F

Cut spaghetti squash in half, length-wise. Scrape out seeds.  Rub inside of squash with olive oil, season with S&P, and bake face-down on non-stick foil (or parchment paper) for 30-35 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before trying to handle.  Reduce heat to 350°F

Meanwhile, combine beans, corn, tomato, and avocado.  Squeeze a little lime juice over mixture to keep avocado from turning brown.  Gently stir in chopped onion, salsa and ½ c. shredded cheese. 

Now shred the spaghetti squash with a fork, leaving shell intact.  Add squash pulp to bean mixture.  Season with S & P; also I like to add a little taco seasoning.  Mix together.

Stuff the bean mixture back into shell, piling high.  Top with remaining cheese.  Bake about 15 minutes more in 350° F oven, or until cheese is all melted on top.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 2/18/16 8:12 am - Perry, MI

Vickie,

That recipe looks absolutely yummy.  I love beans, cheese and squash, so I'm sure I'd love this.

Hugs

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views