Flower pot Friday!

poegirl100
on 3/4/16 7:01 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning my lovelies!

I am having a "ME" day!  Today I'm going to play in the dirt.  Always therapeutic for me.  I went to Lowe's yesterday afternoon and bought several flats of flowers.  Oh, I love doing that!  So I will pot them all up this beautiful sunny morning!

We had a bit of a rough night, and this morning was bumpy as well.  I think we are going to have to have a family talk.  We have four generations and four dogs all living under one very small roof.  Bound to be some conflicts, right?

I am still finding ticks in the house!  It is so unnerving, especially with a baby in the house.  It's very unsettling.  If a tick gets on that baby, I'm just going to die.  

I want to ask for prayers for the grandbaby of one of my high school friends.  Baby Kase is in the hospital and not doing very well at all.  I don't know how to explain everything that is wrong, but the baby went into cardiac arrest and is now on a machine that pumps his blood and breathes for him.  This baby is only a few weeks older than our little Caralee.  So sad!  And scary!

Well, my beautiful morning is wasting!  Time to start planting.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 3/4/16 11:37 am

Good afternoon Vickie and everyone....

Vickie ....I would not be happy about those ticks. I hope you can get rid of them soon. Little Caralee doesn't need those bothering her and making her or any of you sick!

Hope you have a meeting today and get things ironed out. Conflict is not good. Babies and dogs can sense stress and they will act out accordingly.

I hope you enjoyed your planting today!!

As for me... I am putting along. No news on Nic's testing yet. I have had a headache and upset stomach for days. I hate this waiting!!

I haven't haven't anything else to post. I just wanted to check in.

Prayers for our loving OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for those in need.

Lots of love and hugs to all....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 3/4/16 12:01 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Vickie and my OFF family:

Sorry for the bad night. Hope you can find fun in the dirt and get rid of the ticks. Swinging chickens that your friend's baby will be OK. 

I'm having IBS issues the past couple of days. Having to go to work with this is not fun. Was out running this morning to do errands ... had to get my tags from the BMV (bureau of motor vehicles) and change my address on my driver's license, then get some cat stuff from PetsMart and ink for the printer. In between, I stopped at IHOP for breakfast. I don't know if the steroids are causing the IBS or what, but yuck, something is triggering it. I'm having some peppermint tea right now and water. Lots of water. 

The good thing is baseball season has started ... well, spring training ... so I can watch some baseball stuff. I love i****ching now. 

Connie, sorry you've got a headache and yucky stomach, too. Hoping for good news on Nic. Swinging chickens there too.

Well, got to check on more stuff on bills. Payday today or as I like to call it, exchange day. Have a good day. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

lightswitch
on 3/4/16 12:03 pm

Hello Vic, Connie, and Ladies in Waiting,

Vic, ticks and fleas are a pain to get rid of...you may have to call the exterminators back.

I remember when my daughter and grandkids lived with us...I spent the entire time biting my tongue and that wasn't healthy...speak up and avoid the stress.  You are truly the epitome of the sandwich generation...you cannot afford the stress.

DH and I are putting the final touches on our plans for this weekend. Well, he is planning; I'm at work just saying, sounds good. 

If I didn't have workshops to do today, I would certainly call it an early day and head home but duty calls...no more scheduling workshops on a Friday.

Ladies,  have a good day and meditate, do some yoga, and drink some water...yes, water.  Good news! I finally got my hearing aide back and it is fixed...yeah.  

cindibarre
on 3/4/16 12:29 pm - Danforth, ME

Good afternoon Vicki and OFF-

I am itching to start planting things but have to take my time and that's driving me up the wall.  I did scavange some cattle feed buckets while doing a bird survey on the Refuge Wednesday.  I'm going to spray paint them in bright colors and use them for pots for tomato plants and herbs.  I've decided to do container gardening here until I get the fence replaced.

Speaking of replacing the fence.  Just two sides and one small section with a gate is going to be $7000.  I'm in shock and looking for other companies to give me estimates.  That's for gold plated wood panels and metal posts.  Gotta check the budget.

It's been a long week of doctors, dentists and drives.  I saw my PCP and have to go back in a month for an A1C check.  The weight gain has put me back into borderline diabetes.  Endodontist checked my other tooth from hell.  The root canal is scheduled for the 16th.  I'm financing this one.  There is a slight chance that I can avoid the root canal since she adjusted the temporary crown.  Then I had to drive to Lufkin yesterday to have my picture and fingerprints taken for a government ID card.    This so I can us a government computer.  It was a pretty drive to the piney woods of Texas  This morning was mammogram time.  We have a mobile mammogram RV that comes to town once a month.  Interesting to see how they have taken the inside of an RV and turned it into a mobile mammogram lab.  Now I'm waiting for the air conditioning guy to come to do the annual maintenance check.  And I have to reclaim the house from grunge.

Progress with Mom's recovery.  She has learned to dial the telephone again and has called me twice this week.  She called me this morning to tell me about a tax document that she received and I talked her through putting the document on the scanner so I could see what it was.  Thank god for remote login so I can look at things she can't read.  I've made my plane reservations for April to return to NC to take her to her doctors.  Hopefully after that I can have time for myself.

I asked my PCP to refer me to a counselor this week.  I am having trouble dealing with the Mom situation.  My eating is out of control and I have to get back on track.  A friend of mine has started back to Weigh****chers and I think I'm going to sign up.  You all know that I have felt like a fraud participating on this forum as I have not successfully kept the weight off.  I am definately back to my old habits of binge eating and have to stop.

Vickie-  As for the mother issues I can relate but my advice is that you can't take her actions personally.  She may be afraid to venture outside of the house when you are not there thus she didn'****er the plants.  The pods could be confusion.  I agree with Arlene you might want to have her memory tested too.  My mother's short term memory is completely shot now.  I have accepted that and try to remain calm when we repeat the same conversations within the same conversation.  Also sharing your space with a parent after living alone for a large part of the time for many years adds to the stress.  Just keep breathing deeply.

Kathy - I share your concern for falling off the wagon.  Since you are so recently out of surgery I urge you to ask your surgeon for assistance in dealing with the eating issues.  Our sleeves are tools and can be used successfully to lose weight.  I forgot that for quite some time and I'm struggling to regain use of my tool.  I liked Jeannie's suggestion to keep a food journal and I would expand that to include a emotion journal so that you learn the correlations and develop additional coping mechanisms.

Connie - thinking positive thoughts for Nic.  Hopefully the delay in hearing anything is because it's good news not bad.

Judy - happy to read that you are renting those apartments out faster than you can get them prepped!

Trish - hope there hasn't been too much more snow for your to shovel and I reiterate what the others have said, take it easy on that foot with all the shoveling.  Get someone else to do it.

Jeannie - sorry to read about your cat.  I can relate as a cat owner and someone who has done the same thing for a former cat.

I know I've forgotten some of you but not intentionally.  Thoughts and hugs going out to all of you.

Cindi B.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views