Time change Monday

poegirl100
on 3/14/16 10:13 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sistas!

Is the time change messin' with everyone the way it's messin' with me?  Honestly.  What fool thought this crazy scheme up?  We are all mixed up around here.  Fortunately we don't have to get up and go to work.  I remember those days.  It was miserable until I got adjusted.

Today I am trying to play in the dirt again.  I never did get a single plant potted up yesterday!  Instead we took Caralee for a drive.  A looong drive!  It was the best solution we could come up with to stop her from crying.  However, it's already after noon and even though I have on my "dirt clothes", I still haven't gotten anything planted!  Babies!

Got some business to take care of this week.  So I need to make the most of my time.  It's been over an hour since I started this post!  I'd better close.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Cindy P.
on 3/14/16 10:51 am

Hi, Vickie and all who follow.

Vickie, I loved the picture of Budder and Benny!  I hope you'll post more when you get them.

We're on our way to the grocery store.  We made it through the wind storms we had last week.  There was some signage damage in the front of some stores -- but, as far as we know, none in our neighborhood.  Praise God!

My throat is a bit sore this morning.  It's been a while since I've had a sore throat.  I forgot how you just can't escape the discomfort unless you have a cough drop to suck on or something. 

I wish you all a good day.  Hugs and kisses.

Cindy P.

Judy G.
on 3/14/16 1:48 pm - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF Family....only got a few minutes...STORM headed this way anytime now and must be ready!!!!

Hospital called and my time for arrival Wednesday is 6:30 am!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! She said I am the only one that has been happy with that early time...lol I told her I am not allowed to eat or drink after 5 pm tomorrow!! I want it early!!!! She said OK!!! LOL

So just wanted to let you all know my time so need to get off here and watch for this approaching storm!!! Pray we do NOT flood!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 3/14/16 5:38 pm

Hello Judy....I hate early mornings....6:30 is way to early for me! I usually get up anywhere from 8:00 to 9:00. Old age and chronic pain sucks! I like the idea of early procedures but ugh!!

I have been praying for you for days and will continue to do so! I want your procedure to go well and that you feel so much better after . I hope all the food and med changes work out without too much hassle. It sounds pretty rugged to me!! Knowing you it will be good!! Make a chart and set alarms...you are a good manager of things.

Lots of love..hugs....connie d

Judy G.
on 3/15/16 3:04 pm - Galion, OH

Connie, I am not worried about the procedure at all...its trying to figure out all the dam meds!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! But yes I will get through it all....lol

Thankyou for all the Prayers!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSS

yvonnef1964
on 3/14/16 1:49 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I had a good weekend at my brother's.  Saturday  my SIL  and I went to a women's retreat at her church. Ate too many goodies. Saturday night we went to a play. Saw beauty and the beast.  Got to see my nephew and my great niece.  Sunday went to church and thought the music was going to beat my heart out of my chest. Then went shopping and stayed low the rest of the day. I came home this morning and took myself out to breakfast. Then I went shopping  at Sams club. Spent too much money.

Vickie the picture of your grandsons are precious. Can't wait to see all of you.

Thoughts and prayers for eveyone. Have a good day.

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

seasheleyes
on 3/14/16 3:18 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi All,

I only got a few hours sleep last night so I'm dragging. I am de cluttering a bit at a time but keep getting sidetracked. My other project is putting my hummingbird feeders back up. I had them packed away for the winter but spring is about here in California. I need to rinse them and boil up a big batch of food to fill them with. I think I have ten or so...I love to watch the hummingbirds eat...

My other project is in the hobby room. I'm switching my wood block stamps to cling stamps. I am really getting into making cards. I meet with a group of women once a week at the senior center to make them and they even have a card holder at the main desk to sell them. I just put some in for the first time last Wednesday so it will be fun to see if I sold any this week. I do some special kinds of cards, such as bereavement cards for pet loss. They are my favorites, but many people think sending cards for that is silly. I don't. 

Julia

Connie D.
on 3/14/16 5:21 pm

Good evening Vickie and everyone.....

Vickie...this time change is kicking my butt too!! I hate this and it happens ever time. Why we still feel the need to do this I do not understand. Years ago when the farmers had no way to light their fields I could see it. Now they have all kinds of equipment with lights.

I hope Caralee finally managed to get to sleep yesterday after the car ride. I also hope you got to "play in the dirt" today!!

I hope the business you need to take care of this week goes well.

As for me.... I had a fun but lazy day with Nic and Stephanie. They will be here again tomorrow. They are with Nic's grandpa's side of the family tonight for dinner and whatever. They will be here again tomorrow. They will be taking me to the bank and to get groceries. They had me cancel Fran. Nic wants to do it. That will be fun.

The weekend was a whirlwind!!! All those young people being silly and having fun. It warmed my heart!!

Wishing you all a peaceful night's sleep. 

Prayers were said for all of our precious OFF Family and their families!! Special prayers went up too!

Love you much...hugs and kisses to all.....connie d

poegirl100
on 3/14/16 7:03 pm - Cibolo, TX

Connie,  did y'all ever hear back from the hospital and doctors about Nic?  Did I miss a post? 

Vickie 

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/16 8:17 am

Between the time change and the whirlwind non stop from 7:30 am to 10:30pm days I had Thursday thru Saturday and then the drive back home Sunday after a sleepless night due to the parents in the room above me not preventing their kids from stomping and jumping all night I spent Monday in a fog.  Now is that a run on sentence or what???????????

Time change sucks but it had nothing to do with the farmers.  It had more to do with daylight after work hours.  Supposedly making it more convenient for families.  Of course that means the little ones wait in the dark for the buses each morning but daddy get to play golf or tennis or what ever the powers that be want to do after work.  My mother used to say if people want more daylight do what the farmers do and get up and get to work earlier.

My brain is still in a fog so I just say hello and groggily carry on.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views