I didn't plan to wake up this early Wednesday

poegirl100
on 3/16/16 6:19 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sistas!

The time change continues to wreak havoc with my internal clock.  

Thinking about Judy this morning.  Hoping her surgery is already over with!

Today I have to try and replace my shower head.  I bought a new one at Lowe's yesterday and some plumber's tape.  Looks pretty straight forward.  My old one (which I guess is original to the house) sprang a leak and the water was shooting straight up to the ceiling.  Not good.  

I also need to get those extra denim skirts I bought packaged back up and returned.  

We are taking the boys to go to Fiesta Farm today.  Should be a lovely day for a picnic and pony ride.  

I really really need to talk to my landscaper today.  I need to know if he can supply the trees I want to put in or if I'm supposed to arrange for them to be delivered.  I guess I need to call him right now.  Busy day ahead!

Love you all!

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 3/16/16 8:10 am - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Vickie and OFF-

I have not drown here in Anahuac, Texas.  Most of the heavy rains were west, north and east of us.  We will feel the brunt of the Trinity River runoff later this week on the Refuge but otherwise my yard has already dried out from the deluge last week.

I've been very busy getting fence and tree removal quotes as well as starting back to weigh****chers and counseling this week.  I'm itching to play in the dirt but have to wait until the fence is done and the tree removed.  Expense projects both.  Might have enough money left over to get the house painted and put in a couple of trees, we'll see.  I wish I had access to landscapers like Vickie and Linda.

I've been lurking ladies but like Cindy P haven't had much to contribute and frankly I'm climbing out of a deep funk.  But I'm happy to report that I'm beginning to see the top of the hole.

Thoughts and hugs going out to all of you!  Judy is especially in my thoughts today.  Now I must run get dressed and go for another root canal.  Hopefully this will do the trick and solve all the pain issues for a while.

Cindi B.

Cindy P.
on 3/16/16 9:41 am

Cindi B.:  Gentle hugs and kisses. 

Cindy P. 

Connie D.
on 3/16/16 12:48 pm

Hello Cindi....so nice to see your post. I am glad you didn't get flooded and float away!! 

I think there are many of us in that blue funk. I still have bad days. It happens every winter. I don't have to like it, just put up with it.

How is your mom doing? I missed so much on here I didn't even know how that situation ended. I just knew you flew there to stay with her.

I hope you root canal is all done now. I pray you have no more pain.

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Cindy P.
on 3/16/16 9:46 am

Vickie, Cindi B. and all to follow:  

It's amazing what several consecutive hours of sleep will do for a person.  Even though I still have this bug, I feel soooo much better today.

I have an appointment at the podiatrist this afternoon in a neighboring city.  It's a one and a half hour drive roundtrip -- but he's the closest one to us.  We really didn't  think much about medical care when needs when we decided to move here 14 years ago.

I need to get in the shower -- so I'm going to go for now.  I'll try to check back in later this afternoon.

Have a good day.  Hugs and kisses.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 3/16/16 1:01 pm

Hello my sweet Cindy P....I am so so happy the depression has lifted and the med changes are working so well. Thank GOD for answered prayers!! 

I am sorry you still have the bug. I am praying it leaves you soon. I am still having the runny nose and headaches. My cough is way better!! Stephanie (Nic's Fiancee) get migraines all the time. She put some peppermint oil on my forehead, just a little dab, it worked. The headache was gone. Today it is back but not nearly as bad. 

I hope your podiatrist appointment went well.

Love you...HUGS ....connie d

Judy G.
on 3/16/16 11:13 am - Galion, OH

Hi...been home since about 9 this morning....surgery went good...right now I feel like I have been kicked in the breast bone where ribs come together by a mule!!!!! OMG it hurts!!!!! Especially when I drink my water, broth or anything else liquid...wondering how its going to feel when I start soft foods tomorrow? Shuddering at that thought!!!!! Yes I am taking my meds!!! A nice nurse that was doing my discharge helped me figure out the way to take everything. Round 2 is in a few minutes...oh God...more pain.... After surgery when they were bringing me back to my room I was getting that "watery" mouth and I told them I was going to be sick...they got me a bag just in time!!! Spit up twice...they gave me something for nausea in my IV...all better!!! I go see the dr on the 31st at 2pm for my check up unless something else happens in the meantime. Yes its normal to be in this pain for about 3-4 days...  

Saw on FB my sister is in hospital and asking for prayers...no clue what is going on yet...her daughter posted it and will not answer me. Figures.

OK meds are calling me time to take them and off I go........Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and Prayers!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

mermaidoz
on 3/16/16 11:24 am, edited 3/16/16 4:21 am - Canada

Judy: so glad you managed to post so soon after surgery. Rest, get that pain under control, and hope all will be well with you and your sister, but look after yourself first!

hugs

jen

sp1209
on 3/16/16 11:27 am - AL

Thank goodness that part is over and you did good!! Now just trying to get in the meds and liquids. Try to rest and let the pain meds work their magic!!

Susan

Cindy P.
on 3/16/16 11:45 am

Judy, it's wonderful to see you on OFF.  I'm happy your discharge nurse helped you figure out the meds.  It can be very tricky to get everything in while following the protocol. 

Rest and take care of yourself!

Cindy P.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views