Take a Break Tuesday!

poegirl100
on 3/29/16 1:31 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hello sistas!

Well, I had an intense 3-day Easter weekend, following by an intense couple of days of gardening.  I am pooped!  I'm in now for the remainder of the afternoon and I intend to rest as much as I can.  Carrie leaves for Waco tomorrow afternoon and I'll have the baby on my own for 2+ days.  I'd better rest while I can.

Let's see, we had the boys on Good Friday and the Saturday before Easter.  It was wild and chaotic.  I had to be gone most of Friday, so Carrie and Mom had all three kiddos.  I really don't know how Carrie managed it all as well as she did.  Saturday was better with three adults and three kids, but still!  Whew!  I have already told Chris not to ask me to keep the boys when I am here on my own keeping Caralee.  I just cannot do it all.

We had a real nice Easter, although as hostess, I was stressed a bit.  There are a ton of Easter pics on FB.  I told y'all my SIL is a shutter bug.  But this is one of my favorites of the day:

So then yesterday, I got started planting my new garden.  I did my vegetable garden first.  Butch and I both loved to garden, but I liked flowers and he liked vegetables.  I really only came in at the end of the veggie garden when it was time to pick and put up all the produce.  But I like to think he was looking down from Heaven and smiling proudly yesterday because I planted some veggies.  Of course, these little raised beds are nothing compared to the big half acre garden he used to plant.  But I'm pleased with them.  I planted tomatoes, peppers, herbs, squash, bush cucumbers (new to me), bush okra (really new to me), eggplant and peas.  I hope it all thrives.

Then I started on my flower beds.  Girls, I'm old and I'm slow.  Wow.  Took me all yesterday evening and half of today to finish planting all my flowers.  But hopefully all this gardening will be good for my waistline!  LOL!  Up and down, bend over and over and over.  Got to help!  I'm really happy with my flower beds!  It's all just as pretty as I imagined it would be.  I love flowers, I love bright and pretty colors, and I love my backyard!  I've even had some golfers drive up to the back fence in their carts and tell me how nice it all looks.  

But, there's still a bit more work to do.  My landscaper has to come back and finish putting in the sprinkler system and the gardeners have to come back and add mulch to my beds.  Hopefully they will get that done soon so I can qui****ering everything by hand.

Today I bought a sweet little fountain for my back patio.  It was on sale at the grocery store.  I'll take a pic when I get it set up.  I think it will be so pleasant to sit out there this summer and listen to the sound of trickling water.  (Even though it will probably make me pee!  LOL!)

Well, I've been neglecting my household chores for several days now and I'd better get moving.  I have a ton of laundry to do and some bookkeeping things that must get done this week.  I know I need to get it all done now before Carrie leaves tomorrow.  After that I'll be pretty much tied down keeping the baby.  Carrie is coming back on Friday.  (She has a doctor's appointment on Thursday.)  

Then on Saturday we are returning Maybelle to my SIL.  I know she's mad at me.  I just can't worry about it right now.  This SIL, Karen, has never had kids and her whole life revolves around these little ****er spaniels that she rescues.  I understand how very important they are to her.  But she literally lets those dogs and their bad habits dictate her entire life!  I just can't do that with Maybelle anymore.  I can'****ch her all the time when I'm tied down holding the baby, feeding the baby, changing the baby, etc.  And Maybelle is just acting out something awful.  Peeing everywhere, tearing up anything she can get her paws on (diapers, kleenex, trash cans, etc.), and barking her fool head off.  I'm really sorry for it, because I love the little dog, but I can't make any more accommodations for the dog.  I have to accommodate the baby!

Well, Karen will either get over it or she won't.  I have all I can handle with my family and my grands right now.  

I'd better go start that laundry to flippin'!  Love you all!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 3/29/16 2:50 pm - Galion, OH

Vic...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of the photos are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems everyone had a wonderful time (even if they showed up EARLY) and the weather was also beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Well its been busy here yet again...the crazy tenant left today...left her keys IN THE DOOR to the apartment!!!!!!!!! Never said a word to anyone...just got in the truck and left!!!!!!!!!!! We went to see if anyone was still there yet and found the keys in the door and we went inside...OMG what a mess she left for us to clean up!!!!!!!!! Guess who will NOT get her deposit back!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully all her imaginary critters went with her too!!!!!!!!!!

Found out my other tenant that had to go into a nursing home is on borrowed time...she could pass anytime now her daughter said. So sad!!!!!!! Her keys will be turned in to me tomorrow.

Ever have one of those days where you could just stand in the middle of the room and just scream as loud and long as you possibly can?? Today could be that day for me!!!

So with that being said...I am off to play my games after I go lay down so my back stops screaming in pain.

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 3/29/16 3:23 pm

Hi Judy....sorry you are having another crazy day!!

I am however, glad the women with her imaginary critters has left!! That was really weird!!!  I hope you take pictures of how they leave the apartments. Just covering your butts! Some people are just PIGS!!! Why they want to live like that I never understood!! Sorry you guys have to clean up after these lazy slobs!!

I am sorry that your other tenant that went to the nursing home isn't doing so well. God Bless her. 

Enjoy your games!! Try to have a better evening.

Yes, I have had more then my fair share of screaming days!!!!!

Love and hugs to you....connie d

Connie D.
on 3/29/16 3:11 pm

Good afternoon Vickie and everyone.....

Vickie.... you sure did have a crazy time getting everything done by Easter. All the pictures are wonderful!! The one of you and Caralee that you posted here is a favorite of mine too. There are many others of the boys, Caralee , Carrie and Christie that are really sweet! Your mom looks great as does your company. Who ever took the pictures is good  with the camera! 

Your yard will be just picture perfect when it is completed. I think you did a great job designing, planting and organizing everything.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong with returning Maybelle. You have tried and tried to train her. She is just too hyper to have around a baby. If your SIL gets offended so be it. She has no children so she can't know what the issues are. You do what is right for you!!!

I love those little fountains. I was always going to get one and never did. Let me know how it works for you. I think they would be soothing.

As for me....... I had errands to do and grocery shopping. I am done and have been exhausted ever since. I was going to nap but that is always the time I get more calls and messages then usual. Earlier to bed tonight. 

I am praying for all our loving OFF family another families. Special prayers for those in need.

Have a good evening everyone....love and hugs to all...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views