Almost there Wednesday!

poegirl100
on 4/6/16 11:28 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello sistas!  I'm surprised to start the thread this afternoon. Guess everyone is busy.

I'm excited to report that  ONEDERLAND is once again within sight. I weighed 200.4 today. Just a half pound more to go!  I hope I weigh less than 200 lbs. on the doctor's scales on Friday.

Today is a total do-nothing day for us.  Thank goodness.  Yesterday we took Maybelle back to my SIL Karen.  It was a bit awkward  but we got through it.  And it was sheer heaven to wake up this morning and not have to clean up doggie pee and poop!

But I did find out that another BIL Sandy was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. That is now two of Butch's three younger brothers who have been recently diagnosed with cancer. It stirred up some bad memories for me.  Between learning that and having to leave Maybelle behind, I did cry a little bit yesterday. I couldn't help it.

But then we did go to downtown Wimberley and shopped awhile and ate dinner out, which was fun.  I bought Carrie an early mothers day gift:  a little amethyst ring. Amethyst is Caralee's birth stone. Carrie was so excited. 

I haven't been for my walk yet but I'm going soon.  The exercise is why I am losing weight. 

Tomorrow I take patty Kate to the vet. And on Friday Carrie leaves for Waco. She'll be gone for 6 nights. Wish me luck. I've tried to arrange things where I don't have to get up and go any where during that time so it won't matter how little sleep I get.

Well I'd better get my walking shots on and head out. I'll check back later. Love you all!

Vickie 

yvonnef1964
on 4/6/16 2:22 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Vickie,

Congrats on almost being in onederland . Sorry about another relative having cancer and giving Maybelle back. That was a nice present to Carrie. 

I'm doing okay. At least the snow missed us but it's very rainy today.  I got up really late today but I didn't go to bed till 2 am.

I went to visit my friend in rehab, they finally put her on morphine for her pain.  Hopefully this will help her get better.

I did my exercise after I ate breakfast. Still trying to get my Sunday paper read and yesterday's paper too.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

poegirl100
on 4/6/16 2:30 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hello again!

Still surprised that no one is here!

So I went for my walk, but I'm hampered by the pain in the balls of my feet.  I could walk for 60 minutes now, if my feet would cooperate!  It feels like fire, it burns so much.  As I begin walking longer and longer stretches, the pain gets almost unbearable.  So I came home and looked it up on-line: Metatarsalgia, or pain in the ball of your foot.  Yep.  That's what I have.

And, of course, one of the leading causes (besides old age) is obesity.  Well, hell.  I'm TRYING to lose weight, but I need to exercise in order to do that.  I think I'm going to try some gel pads that go right under the balls of your feet and supposedly redistribute the pressure somewhat.  We'll see.  I'm headed up to Walgreens next to see what they have.

I'll check back later on tonight.  Hope everyone is doing okay today.

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 4/6/16 5:26 pm - Danforth, ME

Vickie-  Podiatrist might help by giving you an orthotic to wear in all shoes.  Cindi

Eileen Briesch
on 4/6/16 2:31 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Vickie and my OFF family:

So where is everyone? I thought I was on here late. 

I've been missing here lately. Monday was a busy day and then my friend Mary Kay came into town on her way back to Michigan. She has been traveling since December -- she's been to Louisiana to visit her sister, then to Texas and California and back to Texas and Louisiana. She's looking to move to Corpus Christi. She lounging on the couch with her little dog, Sadie, who is smaller than Juliette. 

Mary Kay and my brother Gary went to Audubon State Park this morning in Henderson, Ky. I wanted to go, but woke up with a really bad backache. So I stayed home and did laundry. They did a walk that was a lot of uphills ... I wouldn't have been able to do it. I would have stayed in the museum. But oh well ... 

We are thinking about going out for Italian tonight; last night we did Greek (Acropolis). 

Congrats on losing weight. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 4/6/16 2:51 pm, edited 4/6/16 7:51 am

Hello Vickie and everyone....

Having a rough week. I will hopefully be back tomorrow. Just need time to rest and work through some things. No news yet on Nic.

I love you all and am wishing everyone well. 

Vickie....sorry for the cancer in Butch's family. I will be praying for them. I would love to see a picture of the ring. 

Prayers for all our special OFF Family and their families.

God Bless you all....love and many hugs to all....connie d

poegirl100
on 4/6/16 5:16 pm - Cibolo, TX

Okay, sweet Connie!  Sorry you are having a rough week.  I was really hoping those types of weeks were behind you now!  You just take all the time you need, honey.  We're here for you.

Here is a picture of Carrie's new ring.  It's just a little stone, but it's real and it's flanked by fire opal.  It was sweet and dainty and a perfect fit, so I bought it for her.  Like I said, Early Mother's Day.

Vickie 

Mary Gee
on 4/6/16 4:13 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Hi Ladies....

Not much happening... this weather has been crazy - had lots of snow yesterday and then ice, so I did a lot of shoveling and ice-scraping today.  Friday it will be near 70s. 

I'm waiting every day to get the asbestos test results so things can move forward.  One thing I want to do this summer is planning and planting a garden.  I want to do a lot of perennials.  I'm looking at a lot of books, but it's overwhelming.  I'm excited about it--so many choices and beautiful colors.  Maybe I'll take some photos and post them here so I can get some recommendations or ideas.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views