Sunday Blessings

poegirl100
on 4/10/16 10:32 am - Cibolo, TX

Good afternoon sistas!

I am trying to adjust my schedule to having sole charge of a baby in the house again.  I'm remembering more and more how this goes.  My time is not my own any more! LOL!  It's afternoon and I'm just now getting my bath. Oh well.I don't have to do anything or be anywhere today so it doesn't matter.

I survived the babysitting yesterday but I sure was beat last night.  It's not that the boys are being bad.  It's just that you can't take your eyes off of them for a minute. Especially Budder.  That child can get into more things!  And he's not yet old enough to watch a movie.  It's a challenge.

Caralee has started sleeping from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.  A six hour stretch!  So last night I was asleep by 9:30 p.m.  But mom and I are diligently working to move her schedule around to a 9 or 10 p.m. bottle today.  If I can get her to sleep from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. that would be wonderful.  

We took a nice walk this morning.  We walked about 2.5 miles.  I don't feel very in control of my eating this week.  I got into the chocolate again last night.  But I'm walking daily. I will try to do better with my eating today.  I swear the least little stress and I crumple.

Nothing else new to report. Carrie and I are skyping daily.  This separation is so hard on her!  My heart aches for MY baby.  But I keep telling her that Caralee will never remember any of this.  Carrie just has to buckle down and get finished.  Then the separation will be all over and it will have been worth it in the end.

Hope everyone is having a blessed Sunday.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 4/10/16 10:48 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon Vic...well atleast the baby is sleeping longer for you now so that IS good! The boys should be playing ok by themselves and Great grandma should be able to watch them for you when you are busy...right?

Not much happening around here same old crap just a different day is all. Not sure if I mentioned Harry's wife died last Sunday morning. We went to her viewing and it was so sad...another tenant that the family had in a nursing home and just moved her things out also died Tuesday morning. Got another tenant that will not be coming home from nursing home. Had one too many strokes so she is now unable to care for herself. Sad sad sad. All my GOOD ones passing or now in nursing home. The mean and ugly ones still here. Sighs. Guess that is my cross to bear.

Rick's mom and aunt didn't come this weekend  weather was nasty and now she is calling him non stop til he FINALLY answered the phone just now...all she wanted to know was how much snow we got!!! WTH?????????????  He is mad as all get out!!! And to let him know it is snowing at her place...like we don't know that??? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Went to Bingo last night and won but AGAIN had to split the winnings...ended up with $28.00. Found out MANY cards are the SMAE THING!!!!!!!! No wonder so many are having to SPLIT!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!! But nothing they can do as they are paper cards and blah blah blah...yeah whatever.

Cooking a pork tenderloin roast in oven right now. Smells soooooooo good!!! This one is Garlic & Herb. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Think we are going to watch the new movie we bought about Moby Dick. Forget the name its called...looks good though.

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Patricia R.
on 4/10/16 11:30 am, edited 4/10/16 4:30 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Vickie and OFF,

Vickie, I'm glad you survived all three kids yesterday.  I remember when Frankie was at that mus****ch every second stage.  Now, he can play on his own, but loves to play nonstop, with me, when I have him.

It snowed all morning, and now, it sounds like rain.  Yuck.  This polar vortex sucks.  I would love to start taking Utley for a daily walk, but yesterday the temps were below freezing, and today, there is slush on the road.  Slush!!!!  It's freaking April 10th, and this weather is what we'd get in February. 

I'm trying to watch the Phillies game, but my Internet keeps freezing the video.  I so want Spring in my house somehow.  If not the weather, then at least baseball.

I have to get back to the kitchen.  I'm making stuffed cabbage, and was waiting for the cabbage to cool, so I could handle it, after steaming it.

Must scoot.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 4/10/16 2:59 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Trish, I knew I missed someone. I was all set to watch the White Sox game today and it was rained out. So I watched the Cardinals for awhile and now I'm watching the Dodgers-Giants. We are getting rain here, but it's not really bad. It was not windy at least.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 4/10/16 12:38 pm

Good afternoon Vickie and everyone.....

Vickie....I am glad all worked out with the boys yesterday. That little Budder Bean is quite the little stinker. We love him anyway!! With Maybelle and Carrie's dog gone it must be less hectic in some ways. At least things aren't being chewed up!! I am glad that Caralee is getting her sleep pattern worked out. It is really nice that your mom is willing to help as she can. Yes, 10 to 4 would really be a great schedule!!

Judy...I am so sorry for your losses. That is so sad. I will pray for you and their families too. Why do all the good ones go first and leave behind the idiots!! I guess GOD doesn't want them and neither does the Devil!! I hope they decide to move and leave you alone!! Sorry you didn't win much at BINGO. They should be able to sort out those cards someway. I about did cartwheels knowing Rick's mom and aunt didn't show up!! That was just the break you needed. I love that tenderloin that is seasoned with garlic and herb. I added onion, garlic and sundries tomatoes with mine. It was amazing!! ENJOY!!!!

Trish...I am sure your cabbage rolls will be delicious!!! I can't handle rice very well so I make mine in more of a soup. I hope you can rest up and relax some today. 

As for me.... not much of anything. I had so much fun yesterday. Kyleigh and Mitch came and brought a surprise for me...Amanda and Tyler!! I told Amanda they were welcome to come up too. She said they had a very busy day planned. Those stinkers!! They got me this time!! I love watching the four of them together. They always have so much fun!! Good thing I always make extra food!! 

Today is just a fly by the seat of my pants kind of day. I did all my morning getting ready for the day things. I did my readings and prayers. Then I read the newspaper and took it to my neighbor. I ate lunch and then went out for my walk. It was 48 degrees but the wind was brutal!!! I wore capri's and the sand from the sidewalks was blowing around my calves and ankles. That hurt!! I didn't give up!! Now I am here. I have a movie in. I will go with the flow!!

Have a great day everyone....I love you all!!!

Prayers for our sweet OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for those in need.

More love and hugs to all....connie d

yvonnef1964
on 4/10/16 2:43 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I was up at 7 am this morning, I was hungry so I drank my bottle of water and took my meds before eating. Then went to church. This weather is crazy. It was snowing when I left for church then raining when I got out. I looked at the ads and decided to go to Walmart after I ate. I got me a new TV so I could use my dvd player.  I will finish reading my paper tonight. I'm having ham for supper. It's in the crockpot.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Eileen Briesch
on 4/10/16 2:56 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Vickie and my OFF family:

I'm bringing up the rear here. Gary and I are busy getting ready for vacation. I'm off today because I started vacation a day early. So nice not to have to go into work. I slept til 11 a.m., then went out to cash in my coins.

Funny story there. I put them into one of those CoinStar thingies at Walmart. Yeah, I know, they charge you, but it was easier than rolling them. So after it finishes, it spits out a receipt and says take it to any cashier to get the cash. I had nearly $66 (but they take a fee, so I got nearly $60).  I had to get something at Walmart, so I went and got that, go to check out and give the receipt to the cashier, this sweet little old lady (well, older than me). She scans it in and gets a message that it has already been redeemed. So she calls her supervisor, who says there's nothing she can do, gives me a number to call. I'm freaking out, because I need this money for vacation (really going on the cheap here ... no extra money until pay on Friday and only had $65 on me). Well, so I'm going to pay for my purchase, and the cashier is ready to ring it up and suddenly the CoinStar receipt goes through. All is well ... I pay for my purchase, get my money back. I don't know how this happened, but at least I got my money. 

Last night was a bear at work, but a coworker was nice enough to buy me a cake for my birthday. I brought the rest home. Gary and I are having ham and eggs for dinner and will have cake later on. He's doing Indiana taxes and grousing about it. I already am not happy about having to pay $459 to the feds ... only $5 to Indiana. Plus nearly $450 for my crown (this is after insurance) and Gary says my car needs new tires ... this is something I will talk about to the dealer because the car doesn't even have 28,000 miles on it. I just don't have the money for all this. 

Vickie, I'm glad you and the kids are getting along all right. Sounds like Miss Caralee is a mellow sort. 

Judy, sorry you had to split your winnings, but at least you won. Also sorry about the loss of your good tenants.

Connie, you sound chipper after the visit from your grandkids. 

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry, but my memory slips.

Hope everyone has a good day. Gary's still mumbling about his taxes.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!