Terrific Tuesday

Patricia R.
on 4/19/16 8:39 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning,

Sorry been AWOL.  Crazy busy, and not on the laptop much.

Took Frankie to the zoo and a playground yesterday.  I did over 7,000 steps on my Fitbit.  3.34 miles.  Most ever since surgery.  Oy ve the pain.  Plus, my allergies were horrific.  But, it's all good.

Today, I have an errand, and tons of chores.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 4/19/16 11:47 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello Trish and sistas!

I'm sorry you're still suffering with the allergies, Trish.  I need to get a Fitbit, I guess.  I know I'm walking about 3 miles (or more) daily now.  I get in the car sometimes and "clock" my route.  What else does a Fitbit do besides measure your steps?

The scale moved again this morning!  196.6  It doesn't seem to be going down very fast, but it IS going DOWN.  I have to be grateful for every ounce.  However, tomorrow is my monthly check-in with the PA at the WLS's office.  I'm anxious to see my "official" results for the month.  I'm working very hard to regain my health and my figure (such as it is, LOL!).  I want to fit back in my bathing suits this summer.  And my shorts.  And all my size L clothes.  I had pretty much weeded out all the XL clothes before Butch got sick.  So I don't have a lot to choose from right now.  If I can get back into the 180s, my size L's should start to fit again.

Had a busy morning here.  Mom wanted to go get her hair cut (why she didn't do that LAST week when Carrie was here, I'll never know), and then to the bank and the grocery store.  But Caralee was real good for the whole excursion except for the last 5 minutes in the car.  Funny thing, though.  I had to put her car seat in the bottom of the grocery basket, and then there was no room for anything else!  Good thing my list was so short. 

Oh, and she slept pretty well last night.  Up at 3 a.m. and then again at 8:30 a.m.  Wasn't too bad.

So on Thursday, Mom and Caralee and Patty Kate and I are all going up to Waco.  Caralee has her two month appointment on Friday morning.  It will be Carrie's first chance to take her baby up to Baylor and show her off to all her friends and lab mates there.  And the ladies in the office are all about to die to get to see her. Carrie is very excited.

Also, Carrie says if I bring my new computer, we can take it to the Baylor bookstore and they will load the full versions of MS Office and just about any other software I might want on there for a very minimal price.  (Like $20!)  They do that for all the students.  So Carrie will just pretend that it's her new computer.  I don't use a lot of software anymore, but I do need MS Office and Adobe Photoshop. 

Then on Saturday I am getting a BIG BREAK!  I'm going to drive up to Dallas and spend the night with my BFF from forever ago.  We've been BFF's since 1st grade, if you can believe that.  Her husband in out of town for the weekend, so it will just be us.  I am over the moon excited to get away for 48 hours!  No kids, no babies, no dogs, no mom--just grown-up girl time!  And I'll get to sleep all night in a bed all by myself!  Sheer heaven!

I'll drive back to Waco Sunday evening and on Monday, Mom and I and the baby will come home.  Carrie will do her four day work week and be back at my house the next Thursday evening.  We are slowly finding our rhythm.  I told Carrie to select at least one daycare for us to go visit on Friday afternoon.  Might as well start looking them over and interviewing them.  If Carrie really is going to be in Waco through next December, then it seems like putting Caralee in a daycare there in Waco might be the best solution.  I feel certain I'm going to have to help her pay for it.  But I paid for most of Benny and Budder's day care.  It's just terribly expensive to have babies these days.  Young parents can barely manage to make ends meet.

All I have to do this afternoon is make bottles and take my walk.  I usually walk in the mornings, but I wanted to get our shopping out of the way first today.  It hasn't rained so far today, but we still have a pretty good chance of showers this afternoon.  Thank goodness we did NOT get the torrential rains and flooding that Houston got.  It all stayed just to the east of us.  So many of my family still live there in Houston.  It's been really bad.

Oh, speaking of family, I tried to text my SIL Karen yesterday.  She's the one with the ****er spaniel rescue.  I guess she's still ticked at me for sending Maybelle back.  But her husband, Sandy (who is Butch's younger brother), was just diagnosed with prostate cancer and I wanted to find out what is going on with him.  I got a three-word reply: "no news yet."  Hmph!  I will try again next week.  She'll have to get over her mad eventually.

I was glad to see on FB that our Cindy B. didn't flood at her house in Beaumont.  She's more on the southwest side of Houston, and the flooding yesterday wasn't as bad over there.  I hope Linda made it to AK all right.  She was leaving Houston yesterday during all the flooding.  Thinking a lot about Jeannie right now.  She has so much going on with her husband and her family.  Kathy has been MIA for quite a bit lately.  I hope everything is okay with her.  Connie, I am so, so sorry to hear about Gracie's concussion!  Oy vey!  Poor little thing.  But I am ever so thankful to hear the good news about Nic!  Answered prayers!  Judy, you face daily challenges with your job, but you continue to amaze me.  Eileen, I assume that your job is still secure for now, even with the change in ownership?  I hope so. 

I know I'm forgetting some of you, but I have to go make bottles now.  Can't waste a minute of precious nap time!  Love you all so much!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 4/19/16 2:02 pm

Hello Vickie....good for you the numbers are still dropping!! I wish I was having the same results. I have been watching my portions and walking every day. "NOTHING LOST" and it has been a couple weeks now!! I am going to be like you Vickie and just keep at it!

I am so glad you are going to be able to see your best friend. I can remember her last name but not her first. Is it Martha? I am crazy...CRS!! Sorry if I am way off!! Anyway I think that will be just wonderful for both of you!! Stay in your pajama's and drink wine all day if that is what you want to do!! Whats silly movies and laugh until you hurt!!

I would love a Fit Bit too. They are too expensive for me. I know I have been walking at least 2 miles a day. I would love to get back up to goal again. My time then was about 30 minutes for 3 miles. I am not sure I can do it but I will try anyway!! You have a goal of 4 miles and that is awesome!!

I need my haircut so bad....it looks awful. I am going to get in next week as she is full this week. She only works Tuesday through Thursday. So many of these little old ladies have standing appointments for every week!! Their little helmet heads as I call them..LOL.  Hair curled tight and sprayed so not one hair moves out of place for the week. They look cute but that is just not me. I like my hair to move unless I am spiking it. 

Okay...I am rattling on again. Vickie...thanks for your concern for Nic and Gracie. We appreciate all the prayers and love you send them!!

Have a good rest of the day with that little peanut!! Gosh she is just so so cute. I still plan on sending a gift eventually. I just had 4 birthdays and extra company this month. That takes up more money! I still have 3 more birthdays in May. Then a break in June...until July!! I budget really well and plan way ahead so I am doing okay. I just don't like it when my bank account is too close to empty!! I will get something off soon. It isn't that I don't care. Now...you go give that precious little Caralee big hugs and lots of kisses on her cute toes and all over!!! Sniff that baby smell for me too!! Nothing like the new baby smell!

Love to you and my hugs too....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 4/19/16 12:40 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Trish and Vickie and my OFF family:

I was good and went to the Y pool again today, although I had to drag myself there. I set my alarm for 8, went back to sleep, got back up at 9:10 a.m. and decided if I was going to go to my class, I should get into gear. The class is at 11 a.m. Since I no longer have any bars for breakfast, I decided to go back to making my coffee protein shakes. That takes me a bit more time to drink. But I got it down by 10:15, enough time to get my suit on, brush my teeth and go to the Y (I only live about 5 minutes away). I'm always glad I go, it's just getting out the door.

There's a woman who I see often at the Y who has to be brought into the pool with an aqua wheelchair. She has a service dog. While she's in the pool, the dog is locked in a room where it can still see its owner, so the pooch was barking and barking all the time. Someone had to go in there and try to calm it down. Finally, it sat there with its tongue hanging out, looking out the window by the door. Cute.

Trish, I couldn't do 7,000 steps unless it was in the pool, so good for you. And I know what you mean about the allergies. I don't open the door until mid-summer; my brother wants the fresh air in. Too much for my allergies. 

Vickie, glad you have some "me" time planned in the near future. You sure deserve it. 

I don't have much planned ... still on vacation until Thursday. Vickie, I don't know what's happening with work, although I have seen the changes in the paper with the USA Today content added. Won't know much until I get back, I suppose. I know they had a welcome webinar that I was supposed to attend and I will have to make up. 

I feel a nap coming on. Pool exercise always makes me sleepy. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 4/19/16 2:41 pm

Hello Eileen....I am so glad you made it to the "Y" again this morning. I know what you mean about making it out the door. It takes me a long time before I get to that point. I also know you love the pool. Good for you!!

I feel bad for that dog being stuck in a room like that. It would make me feel sad watching that. I am sure he was just trying to protect her. I am happy they got him to quit barking. 

I am glad you have a couple more days off yet this week. Enjoy every day!!

Our newspaper also has USA Today inserts. Most of it is political or depressing. I don't read it all that much anymore. If I didn't get this newspaper free I wouldn't be reading it. I would not pay for it. It has gotten so expensive for what is there. 

I hope you managed to get a nice nap earlier. 

Have a good evening...rest and relax!!!

Love and hugs to you.....connie d

Connie D.
on 4/19/16 1:37 pm

Good afternoon Trish and everyone.....

Trish....sorry your allergies are so bad. That is miserable. Mine have been awful too. I still try to get out and walk every day. Nothing is helping much! I hope you don't get another sinus infection!!

You take can...be good to yourself...we are here if you need us!!

As for me... my friend Fran came to take me to get my groceries today. I have been feeling pretty good lately. That warm weather made a huge difference. Today the temp is 46 with dark skies and damp and rainy. I sure can tell the difference. I am super achy today. I don't wan to complain because the pain is so much less then it was. I am grateful for that.

I spoke with Megan (DIL) a little while ago. Gracie has been complaining about a sore neck all day. She is trying to keep her occupied so she doesn't think about it. She has given her medication. If it gets worse of course they will take her to the doctor. Megan's brother and his wife just had a new baby about a month ago. Gracie is with them now. She loves that little boy!!She also loves Megan's brother, Doug. They are like best buddies!! He is a police man in Ames, Iowa.

I am still waiting for maintenance to get here had fix this window!! They sure are taking their time. I better not get another wasp in here!! 

Praying for all our loving OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for those in need. I hope Jeannie and her husband are doing well. I was hoping to see more of Mary and Kathy too. I guess they are both just really busy!

Everyone have a wonderful rest of the day!!! "SMILE".

Lots of love and oodles of hugs to all....connie d

yvonnef1964
on 4/19/16 1:42 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I got up early to go to the laundromat and have my McDonald's breakfast and coffees. It's cold today, I about froze this morning. I didn't wear a coat and had shorts on. When I watched the noon news they said it was only 49 so no wonder I was cold. Exercised inside today. Then my friend called and asked if I could take her to the grocery store. I making hamburgers for supper tonight. My friend is coming over.

Trish sorry you are suffering with your allergies. Glad you had a nice day to spend with Frankie.  That was a lot of steps.

Vickie I'm glad you are getting alone time with your friend. Have a wonderful time.

Eileen glad you are enjoying your vacation.

Everyone have a good  evening. Thoughts and prayers for everyone. 

Love and hugs,

Yvonne

Connie D.
on 4/19/16 2:49 pm

Hello Yvonne....you were busy first thing this morning. You got your laundry done and had breakfast probably before I was even showered!!

It is cold, windy, and raining here today. The temp was forecasted for 52 degrees. It didn't get past 47 degrees. Tomorrow they promise 66 degrees. I hope that comes to be! I hate this cold damp weather.

You are such a kind person for taking your friend shopping. I know how wonderful that can be. I can't drive anymore and have to depend on others to get me everywhere. It is nice that your friend gets to join you for dinner sometimes. It is nice to get together with others instead of being alone so much.

Have a good rest of the day!!

Love and hugs to you...connie d

lightswitch
on 4/19/16 5:53 pm

Hey All,

I am getting on a little late but have been so busy. I was sitting in my office today and I get a call from my brother and he said, hey, I'm on campus and wanted to take you out to eat. I gave him directions and, in spite of my very busy day, let him take me out to eat. He drove three hours up the mountain to spend lunch with me so after we ate, he decided to go pick up my husband and the two of them were going to run to Tulsa to visit our cousin. I know he is so lonely and hates being at the house with out Karen but he has a ranch he just filled up with cattle and he as a hen house and their dogs. My daughter is going over to check on the cattle and make sure the hens are okay....I doubt he goes home tonight. My husband texted me and said, we are headed back to the mountain but it will be another hour before they get back here. He said my cousin is with them and is going to spend the night up here and tomorrow, they are going to my brothers.  I imagine they will spend the rest of the week fishing. He told my daughter and grandson if they take care of the ranch for a few weeks for him, he will pay them handsomely....I'm sure he will too but you know, he needs to get back in the swing of things. I'm sure tonight when they get home, I will find out his plans. My husband said that they want to go to Houston and hang out with our older brother....so he is trying to run from the empty house and I so get it...but he is going to have to come home and you know?

So that's me...my older, older brother is doing good and my grieving older brother is so sad right now.  I am caught in the middle of it all. My older sisters (3) are telling me to tell him to do this and that and I told all of them they cannot tell him anything nor will I because we have never lost our spouse so we cannot understand his pain....

My brother is very good looking and has a lot of wealth so I am sure the ladies will be lining up; plus, he is such a nice man. My sil told me that my brother was the best husband in the world and he said she was the best wife...

Oh well, I need to get sheets on the guest bed and on the sofa so these old men can crash.

Ladies, I hope your night is good....I foresee drinking coffee and talking about the good ole days with the three men who, when I was a child, tormented me to death. My cousin, brother, and husband (then the neighbor's grandson) were so mean to me but I still wanted to tag along with them. LOL...okay, catch you guys tomorrow and will probably be ready to trade of these men for a sack of potatoes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views