Monday Travel Day

Patricia R.
on 4/25/16 5:52 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning OFF,

Need to take some Tylenol for a headache.  BRB

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 4/25/16 6:06 am - Perry, MI

I'm back.

Turns out we didn't go to a wedding, it was a vow renewal ceremony.  Sean was asked to speak because it was his high school best friend's parents.  His best friend died of a drug overdose in 2011.  They held a small memorial service after their ceremony.  Another good friend performed the vow renewal, and Sean spoke at the memorial service.  It was the parents' 35th wedding anniversary.  It was lovely.  

Saturday night I went to a fundraiser for a friend who had a lung transplant, to help pay medical expenses.  

Had a big blowout with Mom last night, and told her off.  It wasn't her age at all.  It was her usual *****y self.  She was *****ing about Sean's lack of working for years.  He couldn't find a job.  He's been working for 12 hours a day since July, sometimes for two weeks straight. She didn't care.  She was such a ***** I told her off, and left.

Eileen will blame me, saying it's Mom's age, but that wasn't it at all.  Mom has treated me like that since I was a teenager.  

I have to get ready to head to Pittsburgh.  Tomorrow is Primary Day here in PA.  Sean needs to get home to vote.

Please pray for a friend here in PA.  His name is Adrian.  He's 41 years old, married, and has two precious little boys.  He's fighting for his life with a brain bleed, and a heart problem.  He had surgery to remove part of his skull yesterday to relieve the precious.  He is the worship leader, and pianist at the church I attended here for over 10 years.  He loves the Lord.

Thanks.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 4/25/16 10:53 am
Connie D.
on 4/25/16 11:04 am

Hello everyone....It is another cold, dark, and rainy day today.

I have been dealing with awful flare ups the last two days and today.  Most days I can manage the pain with the Vicodin and Flexeril but not on days like this. I have been resting a lot. 

That is about all I know. I read the newspaper, did my prayers and readings, and made a couple phone calls. I took some chili out of my freezer to eat tonight. Nothing is appealing to me. I am not sure what I will have for lunch yet. I do have some leftovers to eat up.

Prayers for all our precious OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for those in need.

Wishing you all a calming and peaceful day!!

Much love and many hugs ...connie d

lightswitch
on 4/25/16 7:14 am

Hey Trish,

I'm sorry your mom is being hard to deal with. Sometimes the best thing we can do is stay away. I learned a long time ago if someone makes me feel bad, I don't need to be around that someone. It's sad but you have to take care of you first.

I have absolutely no meetings today...none what so ever.  Yeah! But, I do need to start grading my students final paper.  ARGH!

Have a good day...

Connie D.
on 4/25/16 11:09 am

Hello Jeannie....I am happy to know you don't have any meetings today. I know that doesn't mean you don't have work to do. I hope whatever it is you decide to tackle goes well for you.

I agree with the comment you made to Trish involving her mom. We must take care of ourselves first.

Have a good rest of the day....love and hugs to you...connie d

carlak
on 4/25/16 7:42 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi, 

Trish ya it's better to stay away from the toxins!!! You don't need that.

Im getting away for the afternoon. Ongoing out with my cousin. We r going out to lunch. Then I'm taking her to Michaels to pick up some framing she had done.

Friday we are leaving back to Michigan to pick up my Bentley. And leave for home in Saturday.

Vinnie is not wanting to get dressed this morning!!!

Oh well maybe she will go in the potty! Her diaper us waiting!

I got a Fit*****arge Hr from Verizon! It was free cause my kids upgrade

my kids upgraded their phones yesterday. So Verizon threw in a kids watch, a kids tablet, the Fitbit, and two phones! All for 40.00! I was surprised!

well let me try to get Vin dressed, I need coffee!

Carla

image hosting site

Connie D.
on 4/25/16 11:16 am

Hello Carla....have a nice time with your cousin this afternoon. I hope you find a fun place to go to for lunch!

As always Vinnie will be sad to see you go on Friday.

Vinnie isn't the only one, I am not wanting to get dressed this morning either!! I have showered and been in fresh PJs all weekend and today! Some days just end up that way!

You are lucky to get that FitBit from Verizon. I should ask my daughter about that. They have me on their Verizon plan. 

I hope you enjoyed your coffee, I sure did!

Love and hugs to you...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 4/25/16 8:22 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Trish and my OFF family:

I agree, Trish, you don't need toxic people in  your life. I had a bit of a blowout with the idiot coworker last night. He kept criticizing me, he yelled at me, I yelled back, then he complained I yelled at him. When I said he yelled at me first, he shut up. Then I asked how I could help when he was behind and he wouldn't give me a straight answer. What a jerk. When he starts to get on my nerves, I put my earbuds in and listen to music or baseball and ignore him. Yesterday, he asked me why this one person's name was spelled two different ways. I said I must have missed that. Then I said you missed a similar mistake in this one story I was proofing. But I would never point that out to him loudly so everyone could hear ... I would just correct it. He said he would want to know his mistake so he wouldn't make it again. I said I'd give you the page and you could see what I fixed and learn from that, but I wouldn't belittle you in front of everyone, like you do to me. That shut him up for awhile ... but unfortunately not long enough. He's just a jerk and there's nothing I can do to change that. So I've learned to ignore him and move on. Because if I let him get to me, I just get angry and that doesn't accomplish anything. And I've already gone through this with my therapist. I can't let him get to me. 

Sorry about your friend, Trish. Hope he will be OK. 

Carla, you have fun with Miss Vinnie and traveling around Chicago. 

Jeannie, enjoy the meeting-free day (I hate meetings, too).

I am up early and will go to the Y. Not too much hurts right now. Last night when I got in the car to go home, my right shoulder started popping out and that was painful. Seems like lately there's always something new. 

This is my Friday, but I only have one day off this week. The OT will be good but the week will be long. We have two people on vacation so we are really shorthanded (they spouses so they are usually off together. 

Well, it's supposed to be pretty nice today: 72 and sunny. Guess it's good for capris. I had my coffee protein shake (homemade) and a cup of coffee, so I'm ready for the day. Have a good one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 4/25/16 11:27 am

Hello Eileen....I am sorry that the man makes your working there  that much harder. What an old grouch!! I think it may be time for an attitude adjustment from his boss. If that doesn't work he needs out of there!! I can't believe they let him get away with that kind of harassing behavior. Your job is stressful enough without dealing with him too. Sorry you are shorthanded at work on top of everything else.

I hope your time at the "Y" was relaxing and helpful. I hope it helps with all the stress you are dealing with. Does your shoulder do that often? OUCH!!! What does your Orthopedic doctor say about that? I can't imagine how painful that must be.

Enjoy your beautiful weather. It has been awful here for days!

Love and hugs to you....connie d 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views