Hot..hot...hot Wednesday...finally!

lightswitch
on 5/25/16 5:09 pm

Julia,

Yeah for the five pound loss. You are doing it. I knew you would get this thing under control...we all have the power and the tool...it's the powertool...okay that's a little much.   Have fun shopping and decorating.

lightswitch
on 5/25/16 5:08 pm

Hello Kathy and Ladies,

I am coming on board a little late. Today we held workshops all day long and I am beat. We held our workshops on top of Mt. Sequoia and then it stormed and we were so high up; it just seemed we were in the clouds...then my phone died and no one had a power cord....but we had a Buddhist Monk from India give us some really good meditation instructions and he is going to come to my center and do lessons with my tutors. Yeah!!!  I also got a really good massage. The massage folks work in our health club and they are getting degrees in sports medicine so they are really good. Anyway, the one who worked with me set me up with a couple of appointments next week. She said my muscles were very tense and I agreed...while my shoulders and lower back are sore from the workout she gave me on my back, it isn't painful.  When I work a little more with the monk, I'm going to make a video for us....or have one of my tutors make a video. I think you guys will like the Monk's approach to meditation. He swears that if I practice a little more than what I have been doing and follow his instruction, my brain will automatically meditate when I am in a stressful situation...something about the breathing we do when we are stressed and the brain recognizing it...I will let you know how it goes.

Also, my yoga instructor came and provided us with some chair yoga that we can do at our desk. I already knew them but it's nice to be reminded. She also showed us how to do silent jumping jacks that don't require jumping.  I'll demonstrate them for you when I get good at them. I'm not very coordinated. 

I had a really crappy breakfast. I made scrambled eggs with peppers and mushrooms but for some reason my obese cat decided at the moment I put my plate in my lap that she was going to try and jump up in my lap and she ended up clawing my leg and pulling my gown which pulled my breakfast into the floor...so I ended up eating a piece of toast.  Lunch...the college provided us with lunch because of the workshop and all but they didn't order me a vegetarian sandwich so I ate a crappy salad. I've not eaten dinner yet...I'm sure it will be messed up...today has not been my day.

Ladies, I hope you guys have a good evening.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/26/16 4:04 am

Maybe your kitty wanted to have some of the eggs? The cats are funny some days. I know one of ours is a trip... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views