Hey it's Wednesday!

Laureen S.
on 6/8/16 3:40 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is the first chance I've had to check in here, what with the work move last week and then being sick all weekend, a really bad cold that, thanks to the dust from the piles of papers, binders, etc. that I had to go through and pack at work, settled in my chest and had me sick enough that I went to the doctor's yesterday because I was fearing bronhcotis which turns into pneumonia with me, something I have not had since I quit smoking 13 years ago, anyway, when all was said and done, it was determined that yes I have some wheezing going on and he prescribed an inhaler for the time being  and we discussed a course of treatment for my ostestiopina, which he feels is related somewhat to RNY, but either way, prescription for now is low impact aereobics, told me to avoid acidic things such as tomato sauce, tomatoes ok, but not the sauce too much, soda (which I seldom ever have), as they eat calcium and to take vitamin D and my calcium and we will revisit in the next two years.  Otherwise, even with my weight regain, my bp and pulse rate are still great.  

Food. . .

B:  Asparagus omelet (homemade) (1/2)

S:  Yogurt with a little Special K protein sprinkled on it

L:  Healthy offering in our cafeteria

S:  Strawberries or rolled up alpine lace and turkey breast

D:  No idea, as today is Avery's 9th birthday and going to my son's for dinner and celebration

S:  Probably a sliver of b-day cake

Mostly doing 7,000 to 12,000 steps per day.

Gotta run, time to get ready for work, hope every is well, enjoys what travels they have. . .

Jeanne, sorry to read about your Wasp experience, thank goodness you are ok!  Nancy, you are really an amazing person with the things you are involved in and do.  Julia, I LOVE Tahoe.  Linda enjoy your trip and last but not least of all, Carla, enjoy Vinny and can't wait to see the pictures of the new addition when he/she gets here.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lightswitch
on 6/8/16 5:55 am

Laueen,

Sounds like you have had a full week. Your food choices are definitely good.  I tried oatmeal again today and it's fine. I don't know what happened the other day. Snack, pretzels...I know, but I have measured out seven so it's okay.  Lunch is 1/2 gouda/tomato on rye....Rye bread is so big, so cutting it in half is just enough for me. snack...I still have fresh vegetables and dinner will be shrimp kabobs with zucchini and yellow squash....daughter's squash is going crazy so we eat it daily...I freeze some too.  Snack tonight will probably be a little cantaloupe.   

Ladies, make some good choices today not only in the foods you eat and the way you move but in the things you say and the people you are around. I have finally cut ties with my very negative and hateful friend.  She is the most negative person I know and she is constantly saying hateful things about our other friends and finally I just told her that she is too negative.  She and I have had talks in the past about her negative energy and that was why I was not spending as much time with her and for a while she was good but she is back to badmouthing our friends, her family and she is so pessimistic. She is so mean and passive aggressive and I listen to her joy at being mean to people and she works for a water department so you can imagine how much confusion she can cause and does cause for people and she brags about it.   I told her I couldn't be her friend...I advised her to get into therapy...and told her that if she looks around, she will see that she is losing everyone in her life...no one wants to be around her. So, I wished her well and deleted her off of all my social networks and removed her number off my phone....honestly, life is too short to let people bring us down...we can do that ourselves, right?  

yvonnef1964
on 6/8/16 2:02 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies, 

I don't know what's wrong with me today,  I got woke up by the maintenance man to fix my bathroom ceiling.  I was freezing so I curled up on the couch with my blanket then I kept falling asleep. At 11 am I finally told myself to get up and eat breakfast, got dressed and went to the mailbox.  I came in and was cold so I laid down again and went to Sleep Until 1:30 pm. I got up and drank my water and crystal light before I had lunch. I didn't get my walk in today or yesterday, it was too cold I did walk around Walmart looking at things before getting what I needed. I'm finally having my coffee so it will probably wake me up now and won't be able to sleep tonight.

B egg white ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L tuna pouch, yellow peoper, and baby carrots

D chicken noodle soup, string cheese and I might try this new ice cream that is only 35 calories for a half a cup.

S Greek yogurt with chia  seeds, Apple and popcorn.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Everyone have a good evening.

Yvonne

lightswitch
on 6/8/16 6:09 pm

Yvonne,

You should go get your lab work done...you could have low iron...I freeze so much that I wear a jacket in the winter.   

yvonnef1964
on 6/8/16 2:16 pm
VSG on 08/11/14
seasheleyes
on 6/8/16 5:08 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi All,

Late again...had my card class and time got away. 

Yes Laureen, Tahoe is great. I am surprised you've been there since you are an East Coast woman. 

Congratulations to you and the rest of Arkansas Jeannie...you met be proud! 

I had protein for breakfast, nuts and cranberries for a snack, breadsticks and tuna for lunch, and I'm getting ready to make grilled cheese for dinner. I'm doing well foodwise, could stand to up my movement. I am doing some gardening which helps. 

Talk to you all soon!

lightswitch
on 6/8/16 6:10 pm

I am so proud....totally proud and after last night, I am totally fine in the university. LOL.....

Love that you are busy...busy is our drug. 

Laureen S.
on 6/8/16 6:24 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Julia,

I lived in the Bay Area from 1972 until I came back East in the late Spring of 1974, first living in the Piedmont section of Oakland, then moving to Pleasant Hill, my son was born in Alameda Hospital and I loved the trips we took to Tahoe, as my ex-husband, liked to gamble, but, me I loved the mountains and thought Lake Tahoe was the most beautiful place on earth, I still see it in my mind that way, even though I've not been there since.  When I was younger, I always wanted to go back to live in Cali, however, because of my family, I stayed on the East Coast and while I am a native NY'r, I find my peace in nature and California has some beautiful natural places, hopefully, I will be healthy enough to explore things more when I retire, you are blessed to be young and retired, hoping at 70 I'll be young enough (lol). . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lightswitch
on 6/8/16 7:39 pm

Laureen and Julia,

I lived in Bakersfield for years and loved the Redwoods and loved going to Lake Tahoe....I miss it so much.  Funny, I don't miss the beach, I miss the giant redwoods and the beautiful scenery of the Great Western Divide....

We are taking out grandkids to Yellowstone this year. I cannot wait.   

Nancy B
on 6/8/16 8:23 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

It is still Wednesday, technically, so here I am at the tail end again.

Fuunny weather here..I actually had to wear a jacket!

Today was our BeeNIAGARA networking business luncheon in the city. I ordered the stuffed sole and asked them to pack all the rest of the meal for takeout, then also ordered a BBQ'd kabob combo (chicken, beef & pork) w/o sauce..perfect for me & thgen I did not have to cook this evening.

I spoke on behalf of our Business & Professional Women's Advocacy Organization, and then about my own business "COLOUR ME HAPPY", donated some of my Mandala notecards for a door prize and gave very positive compliments to our hostess who set up the amazing WOW GAL CELEBRATION this last weekend.

From there, I picked up some chicken fillets & "piggy wings"...lolol...at the butcher, with a gift certificate, then stopped again to pick up my special custom support stockings which I wear for chronic lymphodema in both legs from groin to toes.

For some reason, I had an upset tummy...the cancer meds affect my intestines and I had a 25 minute drive to get home, if I didn't get stopped by one of the Canal bridges going up (Laker boats heading up the mountain from the Great Lakes). Someone was watching for me and I made it home in time.

Meanwhile Derek had driven JB out of town to get his monthly eye injection...# 9... for maccular degeneration...JB cannot drive after the needles so dear Derek (our younger son who lives next door) is always there to chauffeur.

After changing into cozy warm fleece, (I was shaky and cold),I lay down for a bit until the guys returned. I was glad to have thought to order takeout (but very healthy Greek food).

B- hot chocolate protein drink

S -peppermint tea

L -two small sole fillets stuffed with tiny shrimp

S - piece of hard cheddar cheese

d - Mexican casserole-mainly ground beef, black beans, corn, edamme & stewed tomatoes & basil

Bedtime- hot chocolate protein drink w/ meds

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views