Wednesday Thoughts

Nancy B
on 7/5/16 8:20 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, everyone! JB and I just returned last night from a week in Quebec to visit family and attend a reunion. We had such a great time...laughing until our cheeks hurt and enjoying several days of boating down the Ottawa River. One of my cousins has a pontoon boat so that I could step right onto it without climbing, which is great since I need two complete knee replacements in the near future.

I ate carefully but did have tiny portions of naughty stuff. However I could not take my daily fluid pills (for my lymphodema) as that means constant trips to the bathroom...really a nuisance when you are away from home. I got weighed when we got home to see a five pound gain but I suspect that, in two days and regular fluid pills again, it is mostly water and will correct itself to my normal weight.

It is extremely hot, humid and dry here..we have a complete fire ban here...no campfires, open BBQ pits, no fireworks...rain is desperately needed in this area. My garden is dead...no rain for three months. Living in the country, we collect our own water so we canno****er the gardens.

Today, we are back to normal...everything is unpacked and washed again. I brought home several huge eight pound capons (frozen) and will use them for a family BBQ on Sunday.

Plans for today,

BREAKFAST: protein drink

SNACK: banana

LUNCH: business meeting...planning a salad with grilled chicken since I know that restaurant's lunch menu

SNACK: unknown, maybe a yogurt

DINNER:  lean ground beef (Salisbury steak) & veggies & salad

BEDTIME SNACK: protein drink

I have a busy day with multiple stops. We got double-charged for an $86.00 grocery bill (charge card) so I have to get that taken care of too and stop for more skim milk powder for my protein drinks plus buy ingredients for my IMPOSSIBLE CHEESEBURGER PIE for a POTLUCK LUNCH on Saturday. I try to get as much done one one trip as possible then rest the next day as my legs/knees will be screaming by then.

Now it is back to the drawing board (literally)...clients need their illustrations for their books.

Have a wonderful and safe day!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
lightswitch
on 7/6/16 6:57 am

Hello Nancy and Ladies,

Nancy, I'm so happy you had a good visit at the reunion and going on the boat must have been wonderful.  I'm with you on the weight gain being fluid build up.  

Well, I got my hair cut and it's very short, which is what I wanted...usually, the hair stylists just won't cut it as short as I want but this girl did and I am really liking the no fuss hair. 

We were running late today, so I didn't eat breakfast and didn't bring snack food or lunch.  I guess I will order a salad from one of the food places on campus.  I found a half eaten sleeve of crackers so I am eating those and I hate myself for doing it but I felt a little light headed.  

Ladies, eat sensibly and if you slip, just regain your balance and keep at it....for us, it's a life long journey that requires baby steps....I need to drop five more pounds and I am going to do it this month...yes I will....

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/16 8:12 am

I ALWAYS have snacks in my purse... no matter what...and in the car...something that does not go bad...

(that also keeps at least one pair of spare undies... you never know )

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/16 8:19 am

wonderful on the reunion... the water - that sucks.. but you know what to do...

Last night I broke all the RNY eating rules... I had enough.... this morning - you would think the scale would be up? no... still low...but not too low..  but the crakers and pita bread with cheese are "on my face" today (swollen) ... it was worth it... 

back to normal programing... I am still trying to figure out what is causing my severe GERD... I thought it woudl be worse today - but it is not...actually feels better than yesterday... whatever... Ia m tired of that.. and one more time I hear newbies writing "RNY cures GERD" I will scream. It caused mine...  I have it since I had RNY...great- no? in 8 years post op I was not taking PPI maybe for 1-2 years... o well... enough *****ing....

It is still Hot... and i plan to skip work at 2 pm today. I have doc appointment and I hope i will not need to go back... I would like to run some errands... will see

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Eileen Briesch
on 7/7/16 10:29 am - Evansville, IN

Yeah, I was told RNY cure GERD, too. Three days after surgery, on a liquid diet, mine returned and I was back on Prevacid (and this was when they didn't have melts, too), so I had to break apart the capsules and try to mix those into a drink. Yuck! I have been on two Prilosec a day since (Nexium for awhile, but it became too expensive). Yes, I've read the research out recently about Prilosec being harmful, but I also have Barrett's esophagus, so I have to take these. I understand your issue.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Patricia R.
on 7/6/16 9:04 am - Perry, MI

Greetings Nancy and OFF,

I have been so out of wack lately.  Not just food, but everything.  I didn't get to my meeting Monday, and I really should have.  I've been binge watching a show on Amazon Prime, and crocheting my brains out.  

I took the kids to a nearby park for a picnic and to play at a small splash pad and playground.  They had fun.  

Today I ran to the bank to get my rent money for Colleen and Trent.  Then, washed the dishes, and now, I need to get back to crocheting.  

For breakfast I had a sandwich.

Lunch will be shrimp, greens and corn

Dinner will be pasta, meatballs and spinach.

Snacks will be watermelon, cheese, and crackers.

Must scoot.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

yvonnef1964
on 7/6/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi  Ladies, 

I'm feeling some better today but still didn't feel like exercising today. At least no candy bars today.

Nancy glad you enjoyed your trip.

Jeannie sorry you didn't have any food with you. Hope the crackers helped your lightheadness. 

Trish glad you get to enjoy your grandkids. I miss having little kids around. My great niece lives about an hour away so I don't get to see her very often. Hope things straighten out soon for you.

Breakfast egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese.

Lunch cottage cheese,  red pepper,  and baby carrots. 

Supper grilled chicken bites and some kind of vegetable.  I haven't decided yet what I'll have.

Snack no sugar added fudgesicle, Greek yogurt with chia seeds, and cantaloupe. 

Everyone have a good day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views