Thursday and thriving!

Nancy B
on 7/6/16 9:24 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Happy Thursday!

My goodness, it is HOT ...34 degrees celcius and high humidity- and VERY DRY here...we need rain so badly and our cistern is getting low in water....living in the country, we collect rainwater from the roof of our house, barn and tractor shed, then it is filtered and purified and goes thru the UV light system. My garden is dead...the lawn is brown except the grass above the septic tiles....lolol. You can see the stripes clearly!

After running errands and a business meeting yesterday, I can stay home today. I still have BPW work to do as treasurer and I am working on an article to introduce and support my BOOK OF CHOICES (for seniors) as well as plan out four different healing energy mandala workshops that I am booked to present this Fall. So I always have lots to do.

I bought a huge bundle of ripe bananas for a dollar yesterday and will make banana bread this evening after the sun goes down...hate using the oven and heating up the house but baking big batches makes it worth doing. I have lost just about all of the water-weight that I gained while away, having been unable to take my daily fluid pills that reduce the pressure of fluid in my legs (lymphodema), so I guess I did not gain any fat while away....yay!

My food plans for today:

Breakfast:  protein drink

Snack:  fresh blueberries & a piece of hard cheddar cheese

Lunch:  salmon mixed with a bit of mayo and green relish

Snack:  yogurt

Dinner:  grilled pork cutlet, cooked beets & snap pea pods

Bedtime snack:  protein drink

I try to keep my protein levels higher because I get anemic. Right now, I am in a low pain phase (of my cancer meds) so I am reasonably comfortable and move easier. In the evening I crochet and I'm working on a pink afghan for a women's shelter...I cannot just sit and watch TV.  In the mean time, I am experimenting with some art techniques to teach in workshops. Recently I have been asked to develop some mandala books for disabled adults (either born with them or due to accidents), so that is another project for me to enjoy. I love helping people.

I hear the coyotes yipping as they run thru the vineyards across the road. We keep our dog in her huge fenced-in pen (8 feet wide by 20 feet long) at night so that she doesn't get into a fight with any coyotes who stray into our property...there is also a huge wolf near too..we live in the boonies! *s*...otherwise, Quira, a Belgian Shepherd, runs free all day while confined to the two acres of yard around the house....we have Invisible fence so she cannot leave our yard.

I wish you all a safe and happy day and look forward to everyone's comments.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
seasheleyes
on 7/7/16 10:54 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Nancy!

I'm so glad that you are in a low pain phase now. I have some severe back issues that have been relieved significantly but the switch in my antidepressant from Paxil to Cymbalta. I almost fell a few weeks ago and tensed up all of my back muscles which caused all of that pain to come back. It reminded me of how well the Cymbalta has been working. The pain has gone away again and I'm so thankful. I just need to try not to fall or almost fall again. 

You are also drinking the protein drinks twice a day. I have been doing once a day and am very happy with it. I'm extremely close to my lowest weight after surgery...

Today I have a few errands to run and some of the cleaning task

s that are an everyday struggle...food will be decided after I go shopping. We have garden vegetables now so zucchini will be part of the mix. 

I can hear birds outside...nice sounds. Happy Thursday. 

yvonnef1964
on 7/7/16 2:46 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I ran errands this morning. Been taking it easy this afternoon. 

Breakfast egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

Lunch ranch tuna pouch,  orange pepper,  baby carrots and 2 chocolate chip cookies.

Supper grilled chicken bites andlima beans

Snack no sugar added fudgesicle,  Greek yogurt with chia seeds, some cantaloupe  and banana 

Everyone have a good day.

Yvonne

lightswitch
on 7/7/16 4:22 pm

Ladies,

I am late but here.  We had another going away party; this time, it was for our business librarian.  I hate to see him go because he is so cooperative to help with workshops for teaching how to do research.  The good news is that I leading the search committee for the new librarian and I cannot wait.  

I made this wonderful vegetarian stuff shell pasta dish that went over very well.  I cooked two boxes of shells and used my large Pyrex rectangular dish and made three layers high of shells. I also made my own sauce out of fresh tomatoes and it turned out really well.  We had about three stuffed shells left and I put it in a small bowl, thinking I can eat that for lunch and maybe dinner tomorrow and came back and one of the tutors said, can I eat this and who can so no to a starving tutor. 

Breakfast for me was loaded oatmeal, lunch...I had one of my stuffed shells and a little taste of an eggplant lasagna that was so good too. For snack, I ate bread...bad, bad, bad..but it was homemade garlic bread and I snacked on it all day....shhhhhh. LOL

Dinner tonight will be tuna patties, green beans, and maybe corn....

Ladies, it looks like you guys are doing good so keep it up....I think we need a new project for next week.  Maybe we can do some video chat thingies....you know, do a video post instead of a written one and upload it?  Wouldn't that be fun to hear everyone's accents?  

seasheleyes
on 7/7/16 5:40 pm - Manteca, CA

video chat! I've never done that on a blog but how fun! I don't have an accent.....lol

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/16 8:14 pm

hi ladies

I'm on the road and using  my phone to post, not easy.  Tomorrow evening we arrive in Cody and will unpack my computer. I'll be able to post daily easier then. 

Jeannie, when will you get to Cody? Hope to see you. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 369 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views