Saturday Musings

Nancy B
on 7/22/16 10:35 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Good morning, everyone....wow, the number of posts have really reduced...perhaps because of summer activities and vacation trips. Our two grand daughters are now in Nova Scotia, visiting family....Dan & Jen will fly out there next week, spend ten days visiting and then fly back with the girls. Dan has rented the plane but the high heat and high winds determine when he is able to fly.

Our younger son, Derek, just found out that his landlord is putting the house next door for sale (Derek has an apartment downstairs in that house and is property manager for the owner who lives far away) ...now Derek needs to plan where to move and what to do with all of his equipment in their barn. So he is stressed out. He has two jobs & owns a rental house elsewhere, but wants to BUY that house...he simply doesn't have that kind of money....we have room for him here but not for all of his trucks, tractors, plows and other heavy equipment. Naturally we want to help him, but we shouldn't risk OUR mortgage-free house and retirement savings to buy another house that we do not need. He needs to start selling all of his business equipment too.

Friday was one of my "mother-of-all-sleeps" kinda times. After so many sleepless nights, I had one of my rare but not-so-surprising  hibernations...14 hours! So now I am caught up for a while again. Friday was 34 degrees CELCIUS and HUMID...we are so desperate for rain here. I keep bowls of water out for the dog, our feral community, and any other creature, furry or feathered, to quench their thirst. We have an old kiddies pool that is set in the shade by our verandah, filled with water too...accessible to all. Yes, even the possums, raccoons and the chickens from next door.

My weight has been stagnant for over a week since we got back home so I have been really strict. However, it is noted that one must ingest enough protein so I am adding hard-boiled eggs and more cheeses to my diet and more water. I am currently at my lowest.....down 144 pounds but I must lose another 30 plus pounds to qualify for knee replacement surgery. I refuse to ever allow myself to go over 300 ever again.

I find that this heat and humidity really affect my desire for eating but I am forcing myself to get the protein in as much as possible. My Saturday plan-

Breakfast : protein drink

S: yogurt

L tossed salad with some chicken breast meat, seeds and nuts

S: cheddar cheese

Dinner: PIGGY WING (just lean pork on a bone), sauteed mushrooms, bokchoy, onions & peas

Bedtime: protein drink

STAY HYDRATED!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 7/23/16 9:00 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Nancy and OFF,

I'm up, barely.  I decided to skip breakfast and just eat lunch, since I got up late.

I'm heading to Colleen's to watch the kids for a while.

Lunch was salmon and green beans.

Dinner will be Cod, french fries and cole slaw.

Snacks will be cheese, fruit, and pretzels.

Tonight I'll have yogurt and granola.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

yvonnef1964
on 7/23/16 9:54 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I'm going with my childhood friend to get her haircut, 19 inches then she getting it colored, purple. Going to logans for dinner for her 50th birthday. 

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet  and string cheese.

L cottage cheese,  orange pepper   and sliced cucumbers

D will probably be  steak

S Greek yogurt with chia seeds and apple

Have a good day

seasheleyes
on 7/23/16 6:25 pm - Manteca, CA

my day is about over, but HELLO! I'll try to post tomorrow...I've been very busy today!

Julia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views