TGIF! It's Come to the end of another work week. . .

Laureen S.
on 7/29/16 3:33 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Folks!

As you can tell, I am very happy about it being Friday, though it is raining hard here and I believe it is supposed to be this way all weekend, so I am thinking it will be a mostly binge watch something this weekend, which is fine by me, so many activities lately, I can use some down time.

My back is still causing me problems, so I'm going to look into a neurologist, as I've already been to back and pain management doctors, who feel I need to see a neurologist.  I've been in chronic pain pretty much the whole year and some days I just want to crawl up in a fetal position, but I get up and do what I need to.  Anyway, in spite of the pain, I've been to the gym 3x this week and I hope to get in there today for at least 30 minutes of cardio (my chiropractor wants me to cut it back to 30, was doing 40).  My food has been mostly good, however, I still have issues stress eating at work, so I'm trying to find other ways to cope, I do eat mostly healthy stuff, but it's grazing type eating and part of my regain issue.  I will get back to where I was feeling better, it's just going to take time.  We only fail, when we give up and I'm not a quitter.

Ok, I see the board has gotten quiet again and I, myself, don't have the time to post daily, so I get it, but let's not let it die.  

Hope Trish's family stuff it ok, Carla enjoy the grands, Linda, Nancy, Yvonne and everyone else, have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Eileen Briesch
on 7/29/16 9:25 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Laureen and my OFF family:

Sorry I don't get on here often. Lately, I've been a bit depressed and tired. We got our severance packages Tuesday so the end is near. My final day is Aug. 8. And that night will be basically sitting around in case the new system doesn't work. I knew this was all coming but it doesn't help much. I'll get through this, but right now I'm going through a lot of emotions. Sometimes at work at night, I just want to shut down my computer and go home. Get on with my life. 

Sorry your back is bothering you. Hope you can get some relief. My neurostim has helped me a lot. Still have some pain but lots of the lower back/leg pain I had is gone. 

Not much else happening. Hope everyone has a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Laureen S.
on 7/29/16 11:47 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Eileen,

I understand the emotions with a job ending, try to find something you can do that will keep you occupied and feeling productive once this job ends.  I remember losing my job of 13 years in 2009, I was in my 50s and scared to death that I would not find another job, as my industry was bleeding people with my skill set and I was an older worker which has so many other things that go on around, more knowledge and very often companies don't want to pay for that, then there is the whole age thing.  What I have heard a lot of recently though, is that the workforce is more than willing to have us, as we possess a work ethic that not a lot of the younger generation seems to have.  My one girlfriend, who turns 60 this year, got a job working for an airline as a customer service rep and was asked why doesn't she try to become and airline hostess or whatever they are now referred to. . .  anyway, so last September she graduated and became one!  She loves what she is doing and there's lots of perks to her job.  Moral of the story is, if you want and have the energy to do it, reinvent yourself.  Depression can suck the life out of us, try not to let it, though I know it's easier said then done, but you also know I've had my fair share of knocks that could have got me to give up, I'm just a fighter and somehow I think of you that way, but I also know you are in an industry that is dying, so it has to be frustrating. 

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

yvonnef1964
on 7/29/16 10:40 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I went for my 2 year blood work this morning. My blood didn't want to come out very good. After the eighth tube, she hope she had a enough in the tube. Then I went to kohl's to get this crock pot that they had on sale.

I'm making cheesy chicken chili in it now for my dinner.

Laureen sorry you are having so much pain. I hope the neurologist can help you.

Eileen  sorry you are feeling depressed over your job. At least you get a severance package to help some. You will find something or get disability. 

Everyone have a good day. 

Yvonne

seasheleyes
on 7/29/16 2:20 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Laureen,

My doctor put me on the antidepressant Cymbalta because it has shown great promise for nerve back pain. It has improved so much I can hardly believe it. I just wanted to let you know.

Julia

Laureen S.
on 7/29/16 3:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Julia

Thank you so much for the suggestion.  I will see what the doctor says once I have seen him.  The spine doctor and pain management doctor put me on gabapentin and it seemed to help, was on it for several months,  and then out of the blue I started having problems sleeping, mood swings and other things, so seeing as I could not think of any good reason why this was going on, I looked at the side effects of the gabapentin and sure enough I had a lot of them, so I weaned off of it, which leaves me only pain meds, which for many reasons, I would rather not have to take, not the least of which is the fact they are addictive over the long haul, but since alleve and all those other NSAIDs are not allowed for RNY patients, I am left little choice.  So I see the chiropractor 2x a week, try stretching exercises, have my own tens unit that I use in between chiro treatments and take the pain medication only when I feel that I have no other recourse.  But some days it is tough.  Hopefully, over time, we can find a solution, but I am going to keep in mind what you have said about the Cymbalta.  Thanks again.

Have a great day.

Laureen

Eileen Briesch
on 7/29/16 4:14 pm - Evansville, IN

I've been on gabapentin until I started having memory problems. Got off of it quickly. My doc put me on lyrica, which has much less side effects (also much more expensive) but I got it for free through Pfizer Pathways. I'm also on Cymbalta for fibro. Between the two, I get some relief, and then there's the neurostim. That has made a big difference in the pain in my knees ... that pain apparently was coming from the nerves in my back. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 369 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!