Friday already!?

Nancy B
on 9/22/16 10:03 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Happy Friday, everyone!

Well, today the old oak trees along our driveway are showing a few batches of ORANGE leaves and, although I LOVE the FALL, I hate the thought of the cold stuff coming. I've been staying close to home this week..serious insomnia...Wednesday night, I went to bed at midnight and did not fall asleep until 10 am Thursday morning...this sure screws up my days and really affects my productivity.

I have been working hard at my illustrations and doing paperwork and negotiations for our BPW 2017 conference, recording everything in my "Master" Binder. I created the programmes schedule for our sorority's season, adjusted it a bit and now that is completed. I have another garbage bag filled with crocheted shawls, lap blankets, infinity scarves...about 15 pieces now, to donate and  am also studying ...taking an online course from the University of Australia on Dementia, to improve the effects of my artwork colouring book for seniors. That certificate, along with my certification as a lifepath coach, and my article about the plasticity of the brain, will hopefully assist me in marketing my work for the senior-care industry. If it helps ONE person reconnect with loved ones, I will be happy.

Jennifer (Danny's girlfriend), now has a part time job but the hours are usually over dinner time. So I plan to drive up there once a week and show the girls (11 and14) some easy & nutritious recipes to make for their supper and for Dan & Jen when THEY get home.

I had my "mammo" last week and see my Oncologist next week...almost five years on meds for stage 2 breast cancer (second time...different side)...I can hardly wait til I am told "no more medication!".

Breakfast at 4 pm...hot protein drink

Snack: 1/2 apple

Lunch: 1/2 cup of chicken soup & 1/2 apple

Dinner: baked beans

Bedtime Snack:  likely 1/2 hot soup

I have never recovered any appetite since my RnY and must make a point of eating on a schedule. Whodda EVER thought that I would find myself NOT hungry and feeling like "oh darn, I'd better eat something"....lolol...ain't life grand?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
lightswitch
on 9/23/16 5:46 am

Hey Nancy and All,

I'm like you in the never getting hungry. I usually end up with a headache and then I try to determine is it because I water or food or both. Even though I don't get hungry, I still eat out of boredom or from stress. The other day, I found myself in the kitchen just looking for something healthy to snack on and I stopped and thought why am I doing this...I'm not hungry; I'm not thirsty.  I realized that I was just bored.  I eat because I'm bored. When I was making all the apple sauce and jelly and canning apples, I didn't have time to stop and eat so when DH came home he asked me what I ate for lunch and I said, I didn't eat and he said all day and I said yep all day. That's the good thing about my RNY too...I don't get hungry and I cannot tolerate sugar.

So, today I am back in the kitchen canning. I've got probably one more canner load of potatoes to can and then I am going to start doing something with these pumpkins.  Daughter brought me a trunk full but I have a truck full at her farm waiting on me this weekend.  I'm going to go down and take my pressure canner and between her, my sister, and our grandkids, we are going to can that truck load of pumpkins.  Today, I'm going to see how many pumpkins fill 21 quarts. LOL....The things I get myself into. 

Food today will be interesting. I promised to eat while canning so I made everything up to just grab. 

B: 1/2 cup of loaded oatmeal. I added about 1/8th cup of roasted walnuts, 1/4 cup of diced apples. 

L: tomato sandwich

D: 1 cup of Shrimp in a pot (Shrimp with a pot of soup)

Snack: I have some celery and carrot spears ready to grab

Water: I am back to scheduling my water intake because my doc called me and said that my lab results reflected a bad case of dehydration and was I feeling dizzy or having heart palpitations and I said, nope, not at all and he said then you are probably staying in a state of dehydration. He wanted me to meet him at the ER and let them pump me full of IV fluids but I asked could I drink water, eat a banana, eat salt, and eat fruit to fix everything and he said, I'd rather do it quickly and I said, as long as I do it.  So, I started scheduling water...I have to go back this afternoon so they can do a check to see if I'm good....I already feel better.  

So every hour, I am drinking water.  Sucks. 

yvonnef1964
on 9/23/16 10:05 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

I dont really get hungry. I think its more head hunger when i eat off plan.

Its trying to rain today, at least its cooler today. Dont have much planned for today.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L cottage cheese and turkey deli meat

D cheeseburger with slimwich and mixed veggies

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks, and apple

Have a good day

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy