Tuesday already?

Nancy B
on 11/28/16 8:55 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, everyone...where did you all go??

I have been very overloaded with work - BPW conference organizing, fund raisers (Blue Suede Shoe Musical  early Feb, Murder Mystery Feb 25, euchre tournament in March, arthritis fund raiser March 31st) and more.

Two more clients need book illustrations and I just published two more colouring books- "FORGIVENESS" and "EMOTIONAL HEALING".

My doctor's office called last week, sending me for more tests...apparently I am now severely anemic. I do not know if this is WLS-related. I do not eat alot of red meat so I am now eating ground beef  "salisbury steaks" a lot, more spinach and pumpkin seeds, all rich in iron. I also cook in my antique cast iron frying pan. Next week, I will see my doctor to find out what is my next step. This does explain my increasing issues with even more fatigue. I get up, wash, dress and lay back down on the bed....no energy at all.

Tuesday breakfast: hot chocolate protein drink

Lunch:  baked beans loaded with ground beef

Dinner: salisbury steak & fresh carrots

Snacks: lean turkey kolbassa, old cheddar cheese (I love rice crackers with this)

I drink a lot of water and hot tea (I get COLD alot)...the doctor says that my body thermostat never re-adjusted to my 140 pound weight loss. I've lost a warm blanket and feel cold for the most part. Time to get out my flannel undies! I am about five pounds over my lowest weight and need to drop another 40 pounds for double knee replacement. YIKES!

Stay strong, everyone...there is a LOT of CHOCOLATE out there!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
yvonnef1964
on 11/29/16 11:03 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Nancy,

Hope the dr can find out why you're anemic. You are always busy.

I know Jeannie is recovering from a knee replacement surgery. I figuire everyone else is busy.

Ive been around but not posting. I dont have too much to report. Im trying to get my binge eating under control and my depression is suffering lately. I have a drs appt next week and will address these problems with him.

At least its sunny and warm today so my mood is better today.

Im looking for a part time job right now since donating plasma is not working out. My protein level are slightly low and i havent heard about my last blood test yet.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cheeseburger 

D pork loin and asparagus 

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange 

Have a good day

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/30/16 5:36 am

Post op RNY a lot of us become anemic. 

I had surgery 2 years after you and in year 3 I become anemic - and I was eating a lot of red meats. But my body had problem absorbing the iron. 

Over last few years I need a few series of iron infusions. My last one was in 2013...and for now I am good. But my ferritin are dropping so who knows when I need a new iron infusion. 

Beside feeling tired and bout of breath - low iron can cause depression, feeling cold, RLS and many other things including peeling nails and hair loss... 

Unfortunately a lot of docs try to make us take a lot of oral iron before they order iron infusions.  

In my case - not only I don't absorb it well (oral iron) but any iron caused a lot of severe gut issues (pain, cramps, burning sensation) so I suffered for over 6 months trying to increase the iron by taking pills. 

What works for me now are PatchMd iron patch.  

And to have knee surgery - you need good iron levels... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views