Wednesday-Long Time No See

Patricia R.
on 11/30/16 5:34 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning,

I am so sorry I have been AWOL.  Mom was living here, and I was so busy caring for her, I was too drained or busy to check in.  Then, I went away for Thanksgiving.  

Mom is back at my sister's and has decompensated terribly.  Long story.  My sister isn't taking proper care of her.  The house is deplorable.  My sis and I had words because i was blunt about it.

I was sugar free from August 28 till November 3.  Then, I hit the skids.  I need to get back on track.

In the meantime I have phone calls to make, and other stuff to do.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

yvonnef1964
on 11/30/16 11:11 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Trish,

I figuire you were busy with your mom. Sorry your sister isn't taking good care your mom.

Sorry about the sweets. Im giving myself to the new year to get off it. I did good today at the store, i didnt buy a snickers bar.

I had a job interview today at meijers. I think it went good.

Have a good day

Nancy B
on 11/30/16 2:07 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Christmas season is always a source of depression for many as society EXPECTS us all to be "JOYFUL" and spend lots of money or we should feel guilty. Sadly, too many people fall into that trap which merely expediates the sense of being overwhelmed and depressed.

I am an emotional eater ..with plenty to be emotional about, of late, however, I am still managing  not to gain...somehow. We are human..do not feel guilty. Mothers have a way of pushing our buttons and so do siblings. I recall my own anger and shock in discovering how my adopted sister was abusing my mother...to this day, I feel regret that I did not realize sooner and try harder to stop it...when I did, it was too late.

Take care of YOURSELF first.  Do you have other siblings/friends who can assist your mom?

I have gotten into the chocolate now and then but have managed to stop before it went too far...it is NOT easy.

Right now I am exhausted...seems this anemia is taking it's toll on me as is my cancer medication.  There is always something to challenge us....gentle hugs

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/1/16 6:20 pm

Hugs...family are challenging. They know how to push our buttons 

Would you like it when is it possible for your mom to move permanently with you? If her being with your sister is not good for her, can you take care of her? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Patricia R.
on 12/4/16 5:55 am - Perry, MI

I am willing to take Mom in permanently, but she is not up to traveling now, in the condition she is in.  That's how far she's sunk.

I have paperwork to take care of to get her help.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/4/16 6:06 am

Hugs. Good luck. Feeling powerless when you are trying to help and you are not close enough to do it is very hard. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views