Where did the weekend go?

Nancy B
on 12/12/16 8:03 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, everyone!

Saturday was JB's family Christmas and I managed my eating rather well. Sunday , we spent at Danny's house...all of us, and, as always, laughed and ate and played gin rummy..such a rowdy bunch. Driving home was very scary. We were in JB's Cadillac but the snow was deep and heavy on the country roads. Derek was driving his four wheel drive pick up truck and had no problems but I sure was glad when we all got home.

Monday, I saw my family doctor about the anemia and he insists that I see a hemotologist about my bone marrow.

I spent the rest of the day stopping at the Dutch store for chocolate initials and other traditional Christmas treats for the gang that they enjoy. Then stopping at two different "GIANT TIGER" stores featuring Dan's favourite coffee on half price. There was a  pkg limit/purchase but the second store manager told me that I can take what I wanted since the sale ends tomorrow so I ended up with 16 pkges of TASSIMO Nabob Morning Blend coffee for Dan. I am thinking that even he won't run out of coffee for a while. I also got a few more stocking stuffers.

I have been at a loss at what to buy young ladies (11 and 14)...I am craeting hand made MEMORY BOXES designed for each of their own personalities and a few small things and some art books suited to their interests. But now I have decide3d: I will make a GIFT CERTIFICATE for each girl:

An "AFTERNOON WITH OMA" - lunch at their favourite place and then shopping for an outfit of their choice. One girl at a time...a one-on-one afternoon.

Breakfast:  Hot Chocolate protein drink

Snack: banana

Lunch:  Yogurt

Snack: piece of hard cheese & 3 rice crackers

Dinner: fillet of sole, brussel sprouts, jasmine rice

Bedtime: Hot Chocolate protein drink

Stay safe and warm!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/13/16 4:21 am

Where did the weekend go? I know..right? 

Hematologist - it is a must.  Make sure he checks not only your iron but also copper.  We need copper to create blood also.  And post op RNY - some of us malabsorb that as much as iron. 

I am slowly dealing with all my 'projects' face lift recovery, rental house damage and the car accident.  For the face and the car - I got a few extra appointments with my acupuncturist. She does amazing job fixing me up.  

Plus a few chiropractor adjustment. That should help with my lower back pain. 

I still have very low appetite.  I eat because I know I need it, and I chose protein forward food. But my pouch is tight.  Yesterday I had beef-veggies soup for dinner...and later I tried to eat a grapfruit, but I only could fit 1/3 of it.    When I have "small pouch days" soups made with chicken or beef are my "to go" meals.  Better than protein shakes that I can't stand lately. 

I had pork chop for late lunch yesterday and it was too dense. I barely could fini**** That's why soup was my only choice as dinner. 

Today eats? Lunch out - then I'll probably make some eggdrop soup, and some chicken soup.. Maybe I can fit in some nuts...I got to eat more. Ugh. 

PS: before RNY I used to dream of not wanting to eat anything... I got my dream ...now what? Be careful what you wish for.. (i need to gain at least 5 lbs of muscles) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

carlak
on 12/13/16 9:41 am - Bradenton, FL

Hmm What happened to the Weekend? Well I had my Grandchildren overnight by myself with My friend. My daughter went to a hotel overnight with her husband.

I had fun.

Then yesterday we had a birthday dinner for my daughter for her 35th Birthday.

Timorrow I'm going for a scope. 

I fly home Monday!

image hosting site

yvonnef1964
on 12/13/16 12:20 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

It snowed all weekend. It can go away now but i know this is just the beginning. At least ill get a break from it this week, im going to south Carolina for a long weekend with my friend. We will leave tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

My eating has been all over the place and its showing on the scale. Today im going to eat what i plan and nothing extra. Ive been drinking extra water and that seems to help. We will see what the night brings thats when i seem to binge.

Have a good day 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views