Saturday. New Year's Eve

Nancy B
on 12/31/16 4:13 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, everyone!

Yes, it has been a very busy season for most, I am thinking.

Our family celebrated Christmas at our older son Dan's place...younger son Derek deep-fried the turkey! Now that may SOUND greasy but it is NOT. When you lower the DRY turkey into the hot oil, the heat instantly seals the skin and keeps the grease OUT and the natural juices INSIDE. Oh goodness, it is so tasty and moist! We have decided to always do the deep frying from now on. AND it saves ME alot of work because now everyone takes part in the meal preparations. I regret that I did not appreciate (when I was much younger) how much work putting on a complete Christmas turkey dinner was for my Mom. Jennifer does the mashed potatoes, the grand daughters (11 and 14) make the caesar salad, set the tables (and clear), I make the gravy and  bake the bread and prep and make the stuffing and Dan does all the other stuff.  BY the time that I had a bit of salad and a turkey WING, I was full (yay)...after dinner, we adults played a rowdy 3 1/2 hours of cards for chocolate gold coins while the girls supervised or sat close to watch or do their own thing at the other table beside us, but always there with us.

The girls seemed to really love the Memory Boxes that I made for them. Now this coming week, I had promised to take each girl (separately) to their favourite place for lunch then shopping in one store (because that is all that I can handle physically) to buy ONE outfit (top and bottom). Both sons get a nice cheque since money is always needed...this covers Christmas and their birthdays very soon after and that works well for them.

Dec 29th was Derek's birthday...he gets his card and lottery tickets and dinner here but since this is always such a busy time, we like to spread out the fun and will have a family dinner out at Derek's favourite restaurant in a few weeks. Then New Years and then Dan's birthday on Feb 5th and we start all over again..

My eating has been rather decent. I confess to a few chocolate truffles...I had to deal with a peer at BPW  who turned out to be a real nasty piece of work. I just could NOT understand why she stabbed me in the back then kissed and hugged me to my face. Then I started getting numerous reports that she trashed me at conference and THAT was enough to finally get me mad. She, when confronted, refused to respond to my questions, and was very insulting and ignorant. She has let our club down badly and today she bailed out of an important task that should have been ready by Jan 15th. and yes, I did something I hadn't done in a very long time...I'd  started stress eating for a week but managed to stop it when talking to friends to find out that this "person" is mentally ill, and she is delusional, and it was NOT my fault as she claimed. So back on track and busy trying to find someone else with the ability to rebuild our club website that is desperately needed by Jan 15th. YIKES.

A lousy excuse to blow my eating but an old pattern of mine (stress eating). Now I have to lose that extra five pounds to return to my lowest weight in decades.

New Years Eve Breakfast: hot chocolate protein drink

Snack: old cheddar cheese & multigrain crackers

Lunch: home made turkey soup

Dinner: tossed green salad with turkey, shredded cheese, raisins for iron(I am now anemic)

Bedtime snack: hot chocolate protein drink.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! It's never too late to start over-

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/31/16 3:20 pm

Happy New year. I hope it is going to be better to be better than 2016. 

I am doing as good as I can.  Still dealing with lower back pain after the car accident.  Beside that - I am below my goal weight so as long as I can tolerate the food - I eat it when I get hungry.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Patricia R.
on 1/2/17 6:58 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning,

I had a crazy busy few weeks.  Plus, I am struggling with the depression big time.

I hope 2017 is better than last year.

Happy New Year.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views