Wow,,been forever since I was here...

Musicmama88
on 7/9/17 1:40 pm - Danville, IN

I used to be a regular and spent hours here. Then when I got surgery and lost all the weight, life got busy. Somehow I slipped away. Good to see some familiar faces though.

Im back, with a vengeance. I have regained 60 pounds of the 140 I lost eleven years ago. Im miserable and embarrassed, but decided the best place to go for motivation and encouragement was where I got it the first time, from you all.

I hope you all remember me and say a word of welcome. I really need some help here!!

Ill be back!

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/10/17 11:45 am

hi. losing the regain is hard. Been there. But it can be done - one pound at a time. Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mermaidoz
on 7/11/17 1:13 am - Canada

I remember you ! You were on here when I first joined...Sorry to hear you regained 60 lbs! May seem overwhelming but you can do it...it has taken me a year to lose about 50 of my regain. We all feel ashamed for letting it get to be so much and feel we should have done something when regain was less.

You will have to eat sensibly: plain protein like chicken, fish, eggs, and plenty of salads or veg, and a couple of fruits a day. Don't drink your calories, so skip the juices and high priced coffees. You have restriction thanks to your wls so use it. Eat healthy, reduce carbs, eliminate real and artificial sweeteners, skip sauces (unless you need to get dry chicken breast down, in which case skip the gravy, use salsa instead) and use diet tips to reduce calories. Hey, you know what to do, so do it, try for a month at a time, don't reward yourself with food when you lose a few lbs! Go for a mani/pedi instead....you know the drill!

Good luck, don't expect great weightloss in a few weeks, dieting doesn't work that way if done sensibly. The first 2 weeks are going to be hard as withdrawal symptoms and cravings set in, fight them. Slow weightloss is best, and leaves you room for celebratory meals on birthdays, in restaurants, at friends including a glass or two of wine now and then. Skip desserts and cookies. The secret is not making it torture and so strict you give up. Like HALA says: one pound at a time. Each one is a small victory.

Cheers

Jen

Connie D.
on 7/26/17 10:45 am

WELCOME BACK!!!! Glad you are reaching out!!

HUGS

Musicmama88
on 8/28/17 5:57 pm - Danville, IN

thank you!!

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1165 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1112 views