Back on track

singdoremi
on 9/30/18 4:15 am - NJ

Good morning all! I am a 59 year old VSG lady trying to get back to losing a bit of regain. I started my journey at 208 pounds(5'3")and lost 68 pounds 5 years ago. I've put 20 back on and have been struggling up and down that same 20 using various "diets". Yesterday I started tracking my calories, protein, carbs, fats again. It worked before!

I would love to hear how all of you are doing!

Ellen

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Ready2goNOW
on 9/30/18 7:51 am

Hi Ellen!

Sorry you're going thru the regain hassle. I am there myself after just 3 years. I became very ill the beginning of 2017 & couldn't do much exercise or anything else I enjoyed...so I ate!

Due to heart issues I have not been able to regain the level of exercise I was doing previous to becoming ill last year. I struggle with bouts of fatigue that make moving difficult.

On the good side my VSG surgery gave me so mu*****luding the information & education to get myself back on course. It is just a matter of using all that to lose the regain.

I have to admit I have been hit and miss! Plus I got SO tired of protein shakes which were a great source of protein and feeling full. I need to go back to them...probably even do a pre-op diet for awhile.

I just keep putting it off by trying to cut calories, portion sizes and carbs. Its not working! Mostly I can stay under 1500-1600 calories, but that is too high to lose anything. The fritos and chocolate keep the cravings going...sigh.

So anyhow I'm right there with you on the regain. Welcome, post here when you can and good luck!

Kathy

Kathy

Judy G.
on 10/1/18 2:13 pm - Galion, OH

Hi Ellen!!! Welcome back...I am also going through the awful regain!! I wi**** would come off as easy as it went back on!! I have no will power to leave the candy, chips, and cookies alone!!! WHY???????? I hate it!! None of my clothes fit me anymore and I refuse to buy new ones again!!! So I will HAVE to get this weight off and soon!!! I do not have any other choice!!

I had the RNY back in October of 2006. I was 56 I think and my only regret was not having it sooner!!

Keep coming back and we can help each other!!

singdoremi
on 10/1/18 2:58 pm - NJ

We must stay away from that junk food! It's my downfall.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views