insurance issues

mamapeaches05
on 3/31/09 1:26 am - Hot Springs, AR
Good morning,
I am seeking the help of those who have gone on before me. First let me say thanks to Red for all of your help. We just had our 6mth check up and all is well. Doc said if I didn't loose any more weight I would be fine. Right now I am a member of the hang club, so much so I'm considering changing my name to Hanging Saggy.  I have skin hanging in places I didn't know could or would hang. My PCP tried to set up a consult with PS in Little Rock and they all say Tricare won't pay and will not see me unless I come bearing the gift of cash. This is not about being pretty. I have skin irritations that come and go, yeast issues, and my back aches constantly. Does anyone have any suggestons on surgeons who accept insurance (Tricare Prime) or how to make use of a military facility? If they remove all this excess skin I woulb be below goal weight! Thanks in advance.

Mama Peaches Diva on a Journey
I am somebody, I have a purpose, and I'm going somewhere
Just prazin the Lord wit my feet!

Running Man

BigCityGirl
on 3/31/09 2:53 am - San Diego, CA

Tricare Prime will do a TT but I don't know about anything else.  The problem with getting your work done in Military hospitals right now is that all the plastic surgeons are deployed in war zones treating troops.  Another problem is that most of the best plastic surgeons (at least in my town) don't take insurance cases.  I'd phone around to surgeons in your area and see what advice they have about insurance.  Good luck.

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
mamapeaches05
on 3/31/09 3:09 am - Hot Springs, AR
Thanks for the info. I spoke with the clinic at Lakeland in Texas, they use to take people from all over the country but the Army headquarters stopped them due to cost.  This will definitely be an uphill battle.
Mama Peaches Diva on a Journey
I am somebody, I have a purpose, and I'm going somewhere
Just prazin the Lord wit my feet!

Running Man

Most Active