Heres my biggest question...

NJslurz
on 4/1/09 8:22 am - Jamesburg, NJ
Do full body lifts also range in price based on how much needs to be removed etc? - and I feel theres no way insurance will cover anything - and I have no credit for loans...I'm 21 - and this whole situation is driving me crazy! I just need some advice...............and some encouraging words.  

It ain't how you die it's how you breathe - it ain't what you take it's what you leave and conceive. What you got is nothing if your soul don't represent it -...present it, because it ain't where you from it's where you been kid.

Took my heart; froze that. Promised that if I opened it up it would
never close back.

BigCityGirl
on 4/1/09 9:16 am - San Diego, CA
It's hard to predict what this will cost.  Rates vary depending on what part of the country you are in and other factors.   My surgeon's costs are based on how many hours he has to operate plus overhead - like the cost of the anesthesiologist.  Insurance covers very little of this stuff.  And it's a cash or credit (loan) type situation.  I've never heard of a surgeon taking payment plans.  Sorry, - it's just the way it is with cosmetic surgery.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
gypsywoman6789
on 4/1/09 12:49 pm - Hudson, NH
Don't assume that insurance won't cover anything.  Many will cover at least a panniculectomy depending on what problems you are having with skin rashes etc.  You should try to have the procedure submitted to insurance and even if they deny you the first time around you should appeal the decision and try again.

Although a body lift would be nice, if insurance will only cover a panniculectomy at least that is a start.

Good luck.
DEBI R.
on 4/1/09 5:53 pm - CORSICANA, TX
If you have rashes take pictures and get it documented by your Dr.
Insurance is paying for my arms and panniculectomy and I'm paying out of pocket for a cirumferential TT with anchor cut. I've never heard of them paying for a Body Lift but you could always pay the difference.
You can call your insurance and ask them or look online, that's what I did. Good luck. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

jhadden
on 4/1/09 6:14 pm - Danbury, CT
Hi Debi,
I am trying so hard to get my insurance to cover a tt or LBL.  Did you get an answer just by calling the insurance company or did you have to write a letter describing all your issues and provide pictures and documentation?  I have had two hernia repairs.  Do you think that will help get it covered?  What insurance do you have?

Baby Text

Redhaired
on 4/1/09 9:23 pm - Mouseville, FL
Generally the plastic surgeon submits the documentation of medical necessity to the insurance company for approval.

Red

DEBI R.
on 4/2/09 1:38 am - CORSICANA, TX
I have Aetna insurance. I didn't write any letters myself I saw 3 different plastic surgeons and decided which one I wanted to use and they submitted everything for me.

They were really surprised to get my arms paid for by insurance, told me it doesn't happen very often at all.
I did take pictures of my rash under my arm and took it with me to the surgeon and they submitted it with the pictures they took of me.

I also had my PCP write a letter and my chiropractor wrote one also. I took a copy of the rash ointment that my PCP gave me too.

I started out by calling my insurance and asking them what they would cover and then I had an idea and went with that.

I'm paying ( already paid) $10,000 difference for the circumferentail TT with anchor cut. That includes the operating room, hospital stay, anethesiologist and the surgeon and my 20% that the insurance isn't covering so it's still expensive.

Most insurances will only pay for a panniculectomy but I have read where some do pay for a TT. I would suggest you make a few appts with several plastic surgeons and go from there. Most offer free consultations but if you want them to file it and see if insurance will pay then you will have to pay a co-pay each time, I know I did. Most surgeons know what your insurance will and won't pay for ahead although like I said mine was shocked to get my arms covered.

Good luck with your insurance. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Danielle H.
on 4/2/09 12:38 am - Atlanta, GA
Well I would suggest starting with what you can afford - if its just one area, it can all be done in pieces and you could just pick the one place that bothers you most for now.  I agree try insurance for the panni part and they may surprise you - get with your PS and do a consult..that's the only way you'll know what you're looking at.

And the credit companies may surprise you too, never hurts to apply.  Mine uses capital one, but there are some others out there.

If you can't get credit, then you just have to start saving, and it will take a bit, but in the end it will be worth it.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Tee M.
on 4/2/09 2:28 am - CT
How close to NYC are you?  Mt Sinai has a Plastic Surgery residency program and you pay the hospital fees only, so you can as much as the doctor will allow all in one surgery for the same fee.  I just had my PS done there and it is AWESOME!!!

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

MSHAMO
on 4/2/09 6:01 am, edited 4/2/09 6:01 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
First, you should go and have a consultation with a PS. When I went, he knew I wanted my insurance company to pay, so instead of a LBL, I had an extended TT. I did have to pay a little extra for the muscle work & lipo. Love my new TT, I'm 5 weeks out.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active