urinary incontinence

Elizabeth36
on 3/31/09 3:11 pm - MA
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if there is others that are also having issues with incontinence with urina. I have seem many doctors because of this before the gastric bypass. I was told to loss weigh, that would relieve pressure on my enlarged uterus causing more pressure on the bladder. I continue to be incontinent of urina but have lost a lot of weigh. I do have a rather large upper stomach and lower stomach (apron) of skin and fat that sags. I am wondering if the health insurance companies would consider this an health issue or a cosmetic issue.   Is anyone having this issue or have gone through this issue?  I really can't afford a tummy tuck and would be happy with my pouch compare to what I did look like a couple of years ago but I would try to save up  money. I am only 37 years old and I have to wear pads everyday and have noticed that there is more wetness now then before the weigh lost and with time I would expect my bladder would become more weak and might even drop due to the constant pressure. I will bring this up to my doctor on my next appointment.
Thank you for your help, Liz
sel
on 4/1/09 10:23 am - colchester, CT

If I were you I would see a Urogynecologist. That is a doctor who specializes on woman's bladder and gynecology problems. They would be able to find out the reason for your bladder leakage and what should be done.

Best of luck

Sher

Cricket R.
on 4/1/09 9:09 pm - Omaha, NE
Hello, I struggled with the same issues and it got in the way of my running.  I mentioned it at my annual gyno appointment and she said their are three options:  ignore it, medication and likely surgery, and physical therapy.  I opted for the physical therapist and she was a miracle worker.  The difference was night and day and it happened fairly quickly.  I would definitely start by talking about it with your doctor.

Most Active