Restless & Desperate

Suzanne B.
on 4/1/09 4:15 am - Baltimore, MD

Okay, I had a lot of work done, breast lift & reduction, arm brachio, lower body lift and lipo to outside thigh, but I'm 13 weeks out.  Most of the swelling is gone (as well as my butt - another problem...), I just CANNOT sleep. 

Besides the sharp stabbing pains I get throughout the day, I am just so restless at night, I swear I'm going crazy.  Am I developing restless leg syndrome?  Is it all in my head?   I'm up 6 or more times a night stretching, doing leg lifts and bends, running the stairs... you get the idea.

I've tried the wholistic restless leg lozenges with quinine, relaxation techniques at night, magnesium powders and other vitamin concoctions, more exercise throughout the day, less caffeine, and NOTHING works. 

I'm desperate and ready to start drinking myself to sleep.

Anyone else experience this?  Any help?

Baby, that was yesterday...

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 4:37 am - Middle River, MD

O M G!!!  Girl, I thought you had dropped off the planet!!!  It's so good to see you again!!!

Sounds like you had a ton of work done - and honestly, although I saw you clothed (LOL), I thought you already looked great!!

Sorry to hear you're going through this - I've heard a bar of soap under your bedsheets helps with leg cramps - another "home remedy," but a lot of people swear by it!

Take care of yourself and give a yell sometime!

Tia

Suzanne B.
on 4/1/09 4:46 am - Baltimore, MD

Thanks T
A bar of soap, huh, well I'll give anything a try.

I'm doing much better than I was a month ago.  As far as the pain, at 8 weeks I went from miserable to fine almost overnight.  Just wish I could sleep.  I walk around like a zombie all day, snap at the kids... anyway you still have my #, call and we'll chat

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 4:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW you had a lot done all at once!  Brave girl!!!

Sounds like restless leg syndrome to me.....Keep in mind I'm not a Dr.....I get the same sort of thing, I find eating a banana or something else HIGH in potassium helps me.  I usually try to eat the banana late in the day, around 5pm (also curbs the appetite before dinner).    When my potassium level is low I get it more frequently and a little worse.  Give it a try, can't hurt....

Hope that helps
Ruth

Suzanne B.
on 4/1/09 4:50 am - Baltimore, MD
I'll try it. 
I heard potassium eliminates charlie horses, so why not restless leg?!?
Thanx

akers123
on 4/1/09 10:23 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Tylenol PM ......  I sware by it.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

w8'n no more
on 4/1/09 2:36 pm - middle of, IL
OK, we both had a ton of work all at once.  I am 6 weeks out this Friday, and I woke up last night laying flat on my back with my legs crossed up in the air???  WTF???   I have no idea what that was about except that I'm cut everwhere so it is so hard to to comfortable.  You are always laying on something that hurts.  I actually have found that Benedryl knocks me out pretty good, but I'm up passing several times a night too, and that was one of my biggest complaints to my plastic surgeon.  Not the pain, but the not being able to sleep.    

Wishing you the best - you do the same for me ;) 
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
Suzanne B.
on 4/14/09 12:31 am - Baltimore, MD

Sorry I've not responded earlier, I've been without a computer for a bit.  I've tried the Benedryl, and it did work for a while, but no longer.  Melatonin too, but it doesn't seem to help with me.  I see my surgeon this week, so I'll ask her...

And I do wish you the best !

jhadden
on 4/1/09 6:18 pm - Danbury, CT
Try taking Melatonin before bed.  It really works.  You'll find it with the vitamins.

Do you have any before and after pics of your surgeries?  Did you get them covered by insurance?  I am so desperate to get them, but cannot afford out of pocket.

Baby Text

Suzanne B.
on 4/14/09 12:35 am - Baltimore, MD
I did have before and after pics, but my camera was stolen along with the chip they were on !  I KNEW I should have downloaded them right away ... Can you imagine the thief getting a gander at those, first all saggy, and then all carved up, full of drains !  My face wasn't in those particular pictures, but I was in some others with the kids.  It's killing me...

Most Active