*breathes in and out* "Swelling is Normal, Swelling is Normal".

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/09 1:42 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RIGHT?

I'm freaking out that I ****** up and the swelling is my fault. My head keeps saying "Hi, major surgery, shut up", but swelling is NORMAL, right?!
Angensam
on 4/2/09 10:14 pm - Atlanta, GA
Swelling is normal. I'm two weeks post op and while it is better, it's still pretty swollen. I have heard that over doing it will increase the swelling. I'm still too sore to over do it and those pesky drains keep me in check!

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

Kelly V.
on 4/2/09 11:11 pm - Galion, OH

3 weeks out and I still can't fit my feet into my shoes.  But it is getting better!!  My toes are back to normal  =)

droth
on 4/2/09 11:47 pm

I too was FREAKED out - I gained 20+ lbs. from swelling.  And thought "HELLO"????  this isn't normal.   I kept fussing at my PS, even found another PS at the hospital and showed him and he assured me (along with all the other doctors and nurses that it was perfectly normal),  But it is.  It will go down - give it time. 

When you rest, put a pillow under your legs so they are elevated.  When you sit in a chair, don't let your legs dangle, make sure they are elevated, as that will make you swell even more.  Have people pamper you and do everything little thing for you.  You had major surgery - your little body needs to heal.

I had my surgery on Feb 27th and my swelling is almost - (almost, mind you) gone.  Be patient - it WILL go away.  I promise!!!!!!!!!! 

PS - whatever you do:  DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF, IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU ANGRY!!! 

droth
on 4/2/09 11:49 pm
 too was FREAKED out - I gained 20+ lbs. from swelling.  And thought "HELLO"????  this isn't normal.   I kept fussing at my PS, even found another PS at the hospital and showed him and he assured me (along with all the other doctors and nurses that it was perfectly normal),  But it is.  It will go down - give it time. 

When you rest, put a pillow under your legs so they are elevated.  When you sit in a chair, don't let your legs dangle, make sure they are elevated, as that will make you swell even more.  Have people pamper you and do everything little thing for you.  You had major surgery - your little body needs to heal.

I had my surgery on Feb 27th and my swelling is almost - (almost, mind you) gone.  Be patient - it WILL go away.  I promise!!!!!!!!!! 

PS - whatever you do:  DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF, IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU ANGRY!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 1:02 am - Los Angeles, CA
That's what I'm doing, lots of time on the couch with legs elevated.

And weigh myself? What? never.

7:00 last night: 150.2
5:00 a.m. this morning: 154
7:45 this morning: 152.

I would just never weight myself. Damn my mother having a scale.
droth
on 4/3/09 1:15 am
Good girl!  I know it's frustrating, very frustrating--but be patient.  I am not a patient person AT ALL - but it WILLGO AWAY!!! 

Whose bright idea was it to make scales anyways???  They are just calling our names..every morning mine whispers to me.  So I answer it!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 1:18 am - Los Angeles, CA
I just consider it rude not to reply. My mother taught me that when someone calls your name, reply. DUH.

At least I'm downstairs now, and each time I go up these 10 stairs it takes what feels like 45 mins, so I will not be weighing myself during the DAY.
droth
on 4/3/09 1:24 am
Your mother is right on with her etiquette.  Or, you could just move the scale downstairs with you!  That way you aren't being rude!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 1:27 am - Los Angeles, CA
I could. But that would be highly detrimental and my therapist would shoot me.

Plus, I can't bend down to LIFT the scale in the first place.

*sigh*

I'll try and NOT weigh myself, darnnit!
Most Active