OMG - WTH!?!

cbhjr98
on 4/3/09 5:53 pm, edited 4/3/09 5:57 pm
I'm alive!!!!!!!!! but barely ... ugh, feel like **** after LBL, thigh lift lipo and calf lipo on thursday. BUt there's the OMG WTH part... my doc didnt' tighten my abs?!?!? he said when he got in there that they were so tight already  that they looked like I had been doing sports and such...i've never had kids but still - i feel like I got gipped out of 1/2 my surgery because he didnt tighen the muscles. Anyone else have this happen where they were scheduled to tighent them and once they were in didnlt? I really upset right now and just looking for someone with similar experiances.

UPDATE: so as far as the LBL goes - they took 6.5 pounds of skin and lipo off of me. I was 125 before surgery (I had gained just a couple right before) so it will be interesting to see what I will be in a couple months from now.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Susan S.
on 4/3/09 10:54 pm - Roselle, NJ
 Why aren't you trusting your surgeon's judgement on this - believe me - I went into my LBL with a very strong core and did have tightening and it was brutal to recover from.  If your doctor thought that your structure was good enough to not interfer - be glad!   It's far too soon to tell anything as you still have a lot of swelling etc. t contend with - but rather than assume he did something wrong - how about view it as a plus.  And......no matter what the procedure - you should do core work as soon as you are able to.....and do it for life!  I encounter a lot of people here who have plastics and never think they should exercise again.....(why would I want to do crunches - that's why I had surgery).....and eventually - they will regret that decision.    You just had major surgery - give yourself a little time to recover before you decide you in fact have a problem.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/09 12:31 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Great advice for all of us Susan....Thanks!
Melissa M.
on 4/5/09 2:38 pm - Seabrook, TX
Sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  Like everyone says, keep your eyes on the prize and just imagine how good you are going to look and feel in a few weeks!
Most Active