PS Consult Monday - Need Advise & Encouragement

bamagirlee
on 4/4/09 5:02 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi all, it's my first time posting here. I have a consult for LBL Monday afternoon. I have the hanging pani (pretty bad!),  sagging butt and floppy inner thighs. I went from almost 300lb to 205lb and have been steady at or around this weight for about a year. I am in a sz 16/18   now and everyone says "from behind you look tiny!" haha... In the front I have the major muffin top as well as the pani issue. I've procrastinated in checking out PS. I am nervous about insurance denial on the pani removal, embarrassed about having the pics taken and , blah blah bah I do realize I'll have to fork out some money on the other parts of the surgery but think it wise to go ahead and do it all at once.  

I've read many of your post and am very encouraged by your good results! My major procrastination I be live has been the insurance battle but I have taken pics over the past couple of years of rashes and other skin issues the pani is causing. I also have info on at least one drs visit where I had to go in for a sore that had formed. I hope all that will help prevent a denial and appeal. 

Question - those of you who have had LBL with significant pani, did you have it done in office or an overnight stay in the hospital? Of course I'm thinking of added costs if I have to go to the hospital, but would be surprised if he can do mine in office.  

Thanks for  listening!   
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/09 8:07 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I'm kind of new to the world of plastic surgery but I have had a Breast Reduction/Lift and just last week had the Brachioplasty on both arms.  I'm planning to have a full Lower Body Lift and Inner Thigh Lift around mid June.
I have read many (MANY) posts from folks who were able to get the Pani removal covered but of course it depends on your cir****tances and your insurance.
I can tell you that EVERY surgeon I've spoken to says that the LBL MUST be done in the hospital and requires a 2-5 day hospital stay.  Personally I would not have such a MAJOR operation anywhere else (no way I'd do it in a surgeon's office!).

Talk to a bunch of surgeons, not just one or two.
Make sure you are very comfortable with him/her before you commit to surgery.

Good Luck
Keep us posted
Ruth
BigCityGirl
on 4/4/09 8:49 am - San Diego, CA
I've had a lot of plastic surgery.  My LBL was my first and, in my opinion, my most successful surgery.  I'm not sure how you characterize a significant panni - you can look at my photos and judge for yourself. 

I had the surgery in a surgical center and was transferred to a hospital following surgery for an overnight stay.  The hospital and ambulance cost was about $1000 - but my surgeon insisted on it and it was the correct thing to do and a very good investment - I would not have wanted to spend the night at home.  I was totally immobile following the surgery. 

The insurance will not approve an LBL, only a panni removal and that's a real basic surgery.  The panni surgery only removes the hanging skin.  It is not a Tummy Tuck  or an LBL.   It does not tighten your abdominal muscles (to define a waist) and it doesn't do a mons lift or a outer thigh or butt lift (with the LBL).  In some cases, the insurance will cover part of your LBL costs if they approval a panni and you have a surgeon who accepts insurance.  You will have to pay the balance. 

Don't worry about the photos - these surgeons have seen everything!  Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Cristy S.
on 4/5/09 7:50 am - West Point, GA
I do not know about a LBL but I am having a TT next Monday, that being said I know we are close in distance, and I would highly suggest Dr Meadows in Opelika. He is fantastic and is doing arms and TT at the same time for me and is requiring and one night stay in the hospital. I paid $4,500 out of pocket up front but my insurance is covering my TT as a have a HUGE panni as I went from 356 to 165. I also have the huge muffin top which my Dr has promised will be taken care of the TT. Anyway if there is anything I can help you with just let me know!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Most Active