BL incision help

JulieIND
on 4/5/09 10:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
 I had a very slight lift done 2 1/2 weeks and the steri strips just fell off today. I'm really upset at the amount of scabbing underneath them. I guess I just wasn't expecting that. Sad 

Anyways, I guess my question is, should I put anything on the incision sites? I go to my doctor on Tuesday for wound care instructions, but I thought I'd ask y'all to get a head start. 

TIA!
sc62
on 4/5/09 11:23 am - NJ
Tia,

After my steri-strips came off I pretty much keep the area dry.  I did not put any kind of lotion, oil or the like till I got the go ahead from my surgeon.  I am from the old school of thought that you gotta let the wound "dry" out.  My belief was wet means moist, moist means splitting!!  LOL.  I think you will be ok to just leave it till Tuesday.

Best of luck

Sandy

JulieIND
on 4/5/09 12:02 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Thanks.  I was kind of thinking that's what I was going to do, but I heard others say to put lotion or something on the healing incisions and was just wondering what kinds of lotions are to be used.  My surgeon said I would come in for wound care instructions and some kind of cream on Tuesday, so we'll see what she recommends.

Susan S.
on 4/5/09 10:51 pm - Roselle, NJ
 Well - keeping the wound dry only increases the size of the scar......moist tissues heal far more quickly with less fibrosis - when I was able to loose any wound dressing my surgeon splogged on copious amounts of ointment - antibiotic ointment - but wanted everything to be soft pliable and moisturized.  A good antibiotic ointment would be in order.   I'm still dressing all my suture lines these days - cocoa butter as I have closed wounds - even on my legs which were just done two weeks ago.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Most Active