pay extra for the TT or LBL?'s

Jessie T
on 4/5/09 1:36 am - Boonies, MN
I am excited my ins co approved my panniculectomy but I want to pay the extra for a TT or LBL. Have any of you done this? and if it's not too nosey, how much did you have to pay out of pocket for the TT or LBL? I am so excited but, freaking out. If the ins is only going to pay a small portion then I am going to have a hard time finding the rest of the money. I know like most on here, I still feel like I look 260lbs because of my nasty stomach. I've also had 4 big boys so I need MR. If anyone can give me an idea I would so much appreciate it!

MSHAMO
on 4/5/09 2:22 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I just had an extended TT, lipo and muscle tightening and I paid an extra $3,000.00. I know how you feel about the nasty stomach, I had 8 lbs. of FLAB cut off 5 weeks ago. So glad I had it done. It really went much better than I had anticipated, I thought I would have excruciating pain, not so. The pain is very manageable, actually I also had a baseball size hernia repaired at the same time and most of the pain was from that. Good luck, you will love it!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Jessie T
on 4/5/09 9:35 pm - Boonies, MN
Thanks so much for your response! I also have a hernia that pains me everyday, I don't know how big it is though it doesn't stick out like a ball or anything. The surgeon thinks he'll get about 10 lbs with the LBL, that will put me really close to my goal weight. I'm glad things went well for you, it's so encouraging to hear positive feed back! Thanks again!

MelissaF
on 4/5/09 11:44 pm - Northwood, IA
Hi Jessie!

Congrats on getting the panni approval! I also have just the panni approved but decided to pay for a LBL.  The panni portion covers 2 hours of OR time and anesthesa and of coure the surgical fee for the panni (How much this is I have no idea).  The rest I have to pay for which is $10,650 bucks. Yikes right? I penny pinched for over a year and so glad I did.  No loans.. u can do it too!

April 28th is my day!

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jessie T
on 4/6/09 1:11 am - Boonies, MN
Ouch, that is alot! I was quoted just under 11K for a LBL without insurance. Congrats on your date and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Most Active