tummy tuck

Theresa M.
on 4/6/09 4:00 pm - Cleveland, TN
I don't know what to think are do, I have been wanted to get a tummy tuck for 2yrs now and now that time and I have a date
am somewhat scared. my started weight before I had surgery
was 476lb and am down to 235. But I am trying to loose at
about 20 more before my surgery on April 30, my big day
Traveling
on 4/6/09 4:26 pm
Wow you have been working hard on yourself.  Give yourself a break and enjoy your accomplishments.  Every step we take in a forward direction takes courage and forethought.  Two years seems to show forethought and courage you have shown by starting this journey and staying on the trail.  Before taking any serious step in life pray to the Creator for clear thinking ability.  Then make sure you have asked your physicians each and every question you have, no question is too small or insignificant to ask, this is your life and body!  Ask what the benefits of this type of surgery as well as what possible negative impact it could have on you.  Suggestion only:  Make a list pros and con and see how it balances out.  Don't rush your decision, not saying that two years is rushing by any means.  I am sure you have given it much thought.

I have often wondered how I would feel if I had the opportunity to have a tummy tuck, I really need a full body lift, but a tummy tuck would suffice.  I am over six years out from gastric bypass and have lost over two hundred pounds and am holding it down with alot of hard work.  Bypass is no miracle, it it is a great tool when used well.  Yet I still have much work to do on myself.  I have been working on accepting my body as it is, in the event I am never able to get a tummy tuck.  I would like, like yourself to loose another 20 to 30 pounds.  I think that most times we are too hard on ourselves and forget to give ourselves commendation.  So here is your commendation on your successful journey,  congratulations!  Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your feelings and open ability to say, I am scared!  That is true growth.

Sincerely, Traveling

My Bio will shortly be posted
Theresa M.
on 4/7/09 11:16 am - Cleveland, TN
Oh no it's been 4yrs in Sept.12 that I had weight loss surgery. and I wanted to wait atleast 2yrs. before I had any plastic surgery done, and oh yeah I need every thing done upper and total bodylift. I have been holding my own for over almost 2yrs I have lose 20lb. in a year and now am trying to loose 20 more before I have the tummy tuck done and it is so hard am walking 4mils in the am and 4in the pm. and doing without any kind of white bread or rice and doing about 1200 to 1400cal a day
It's not all about how look on the outside, It's all about the inside, so look deep yourself
StaciJ
on 4/7/09 7:50 am - Castle Rock, CO
Please tell me how you got it approved!
Theresa M.
on 4/7/09 11:25 am - Cleveland, TN
It's has to be medical necessary and documentation from your primary Doctor
It's not all about how look on the outside, It's all about the inside, so look deep yourself
sherry hernandez
on 4/7/09 10:05 am - wimauma, FL
WOW U AND I ARE ABOUT THE SAME I WEIGHTED 476lb BEFORE MY RNY IN JUNE OF 2005 AND I KNOW WEIGH 217IB, I HAVE A HERNIA REPAIR THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND A ABDOMINOPLASTY THAT THE DR WANTS TO DO TOGETHER, I AM ON HERE TRYING TO FIND OUT MORE INFO ON ALL OF THESE THINGS. BUT YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB IN YOUR WEIGHT, BUT IF YOU THINK YOU WANT TO LOOSE MORE DON'T DO YOUR TUMMY UNTIL YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN! BEST OF LUCK TOO YOU!
Theresa M.
on 4/7/09 11:33 am - Cleveland, TN
Thank you so much, and you are right I couldn't do it without the Lord and my great Doctor that did my surgery in Knoxville Tn. I never get tired of saying thank you to him he saved my life, his name in Dr. Boyce one of the best in my book. But am trying to loose the last 20 before my tummy tuck.
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 5:54 pm
Theresa M.
on 4/12/09 2:39 pm - Cleveland, TN
thank u so much and the same to you, congrats! You know something I don't know what I am scared of most.being laid up for a for a few weeks are the surgery. I have 3 children under the age of 14 and the youngest is 2 and a half and the next one is 6 going on 45 all I know we will be alright cause I know the Lord has not brought me this far to leave me yet......
gypsywoman6789
on 4/9/09 11:15 pm - Hudson, NH
You have come so far and you deserve to have this done for yourself.  It is scary and it is a big step but in the end it will be worth it.  I believe that wholeheartedly because I just had my panni remvoal done 3 days ago.  I am about 2.5 years post GB surgery and I gained a few pounds around my 20-24 mos point which upset me and made me question whether or not I should have the PS done but I did it and it's too early for me to really make any concrete judgments but I know that however I end up looking afterwards has to be better than what I was dealing with before the surgery.

I think its great that you want to try and lose another 20 before your plastics, but I wouldn't let it be a roadblock in actually having the procedure done.

We will all be thinking of you on the 30th!  Best of luck and wishes for a speedy recovery.
Most Active