ABDOMINALPLASTY WITH HERNIA REPAIR

sherry hernandez
on 4/7/09 9:55 am - wimauma, FL
HI HAS ANYONE HAD HERNIA REPAIR WITH Abdominoplasty, procedure HE SAID HE ALSO WILL CUT AND TIGHTEN THE MUSCLES OF THE ABDOMINAL WALL? I HAD RNY DONE IN TAMPA FL WITH DR GALLEGHER IN JUNE OF 2005 WEIGHING 476, I NOW WEIGH 217, SO I DO HAVE A LOT OF REPAIR WORK, I HAVE HAD WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A HERNIA REPAIR NOW THE CAT SCAN DETERMINEND THAT IS A MULTI HERNIA REPAIR, SO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME IDEA'S ON WHAT TO EXPECT? I WILL BE HAVING SURGERY WITH DR GARY BUNCH AND DR JOSE EUBEALA FROM BRADENTON FLORIDA. WISH ME LUCK!
bamagirlee
on 4/7/09 10:09 am - Phenix City, AL
Hi, I don't have any advise regarding the hernia and surgery just wanted to say WOW and congrats on the huge weight loss. You have done an awesome job!   
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

sherry hernandez
on 4/7/09 10:16 am - wimauma, FL
THANK YOU!
DrL
on 4/7/09 1:53 pm - Houston, TX
That's a lot of weight off, congrats.  I choose to repair my own hernias (am boarded in general and plastics) at the time of tummy tuck or LBL because I do not prefer or like plastic mesh to be used.  It interferes with the abdominal sculpting, and can cause later problems.

See if your docs plan on using your own tissue to do the repair...I perform this operation almost weekly and in my opinion it is the best option.  It's called the "component separation technique" and I just Googled it...5.7 million hits !
MSHAMO
on 4/8/09 1:02 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Hi Sherrie, I had an extended TT with lipo and muscle tightening and a baseball size umbilical hernia repair with 8 lbs. of flab removed done 6 weeks ago. I am doing very well and never really had a lot of pain. The hernia site still gives me a little discomfort, but my TT incision never hurt. I was thrilled from the beginning that the pain was VERY manageable, I figured it would be excruciating!! I go today for my 6 week checkup, so will ask my PS what the recovery time for the hernia is. Good luck, you will be so pleased to have it done!! Nancy
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Lisa A.
on 4/8/09 2:25 pm
Had a huge umbilical hernia and my doc choose to sew my muscles and did not put a mesh in he felt it could cause further excessive bleeding and other problems. I am very happy with the results of my TT and hernia reapir except my new belly button is not very pretty and  looks like bulls eye scar but i will hope it will fade with time. I can see my muscles popping threw my skin and looks like I found my abs but I must admit the lap band port u can see threw my skin now.  I never though in million years my port would be  showing. I had my surgery in dec and revision in jan and I have notice last few weeks I can tell i am shrinking, I still am swollen  in mons area but I am sucking in everywhere,  I may get into size 6 jean. I was tight 16 prior to pannislectomy,
Congradulations on a amazing weight loss by the way. Good luck
Lisa

mom23reds
on 4/9/09 7:15 am - Bryan, TX
I had hernia repair (no mesh needed) yesterday with panniculectomy. They removed 8.6 lbs of skin off my bely. I now have no bellybutton.

I'm still in the hospital and will come home on Friday.
Good luck!

Susan

sherry hernandez
on 4/13/09 9:27 am - wimauma, FL
CONGRATS ON YOUR PROCEDURE'S I HOPE EVERYTHING WENT WELL AND I HOPE YOU GOT HOME! MY INSURANCE HAS APPROVED MY SEVERAL HERNIA REPAIR'S AND THE PANNICULECTOMY, I GO BACK TO THE SURGEON NEXT MONDAY TO SET THE DATE SH ME LUCK! I HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL WITH U DON'T FORGET TO POST SOME PIC'S!
           SHERRY HERNANDEZ
           AKA  SHERRYONMYWAY
GregNE
on 4/12/09 9:31 pm - Omaha, NE
My surgeon suggested that both procedures be done at the same time to save of PS fees.  His rationale is, since the insurance is paying for the majority of the OR time, recovery, etc, it only costs his patients about $3000 extra ($1000 extra OR time, $1000 surgeon fee, $1000 for an extra hour with anesthesiology).  He said the TT in a PS office/center would be $5500-$6000 generally. 

So, funny you mentioned it so soon after my surgeon discussing it with me,

By the way, my WLS surgeon also says he can get insurance to usually pay for a male breast reduction post-WLS.  Have any guys experienced this?  He claims its a side effect of women fighting for the right, and sexual discrimination.  Curious to here from any guys that maybe had this with insurance paying.

Most Active