back to the gym and pictures are up....

Susan S.
on 4/7/09 1:21 am - Roselle, NJ
 The drains are gone as of yesterday and I only have very minimal swelling - just my ankles - was expecting worse as the drains were both putting out 90 ccs per day with no dropoff after two weeks.   They were infiltrating so had to go....but so far so good - and it was nice to take a shower without having to pin them to the shower curtain and then forget and turn around - ouch!

I posted my pre and postops 2.5 weeks.......for those of you who have never had plastics - the preop markings are interesting - you get to see how much they're going to remove......I didn't take similar pictures for the LBL but I remember looking down at this huge segment and wondering how on earth it would all work out.

My medial thigh lift was done a bit differently than most as I didn't have to have the hockey stick extension - if we had done it I would have a slightly better result at the top of the thigh - but the wound complication issues associated with it weren't worth it to me - so we went with just the long long long incision.    Things are healed well enough I was able to go back to the gym today for a little cardio and some core - wiped me out after 3 weeks off - and tomorrow I get to work with my trainer again......can't wait!   Hope everybody is healing well - anticipating their surgery with good energy and all that good stuff........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

mpafford
on 4/7/09 1:36 am - TX
Susan,

Your picuters look great!
You are so tiny!!!!
My thight lift is not what I had hoped for, but like you said if he would have done the hockey stick incision, more problems. As it is I have had none. My sagging skin in front was the only thing really addressed, but it still looks tons better. I wish the back side looked so good.

I am sure you are very happy. Wow, back to the gym so soon? I had to wait 3 weeks just to get to walk 1/2 mile. And then he told me not to work up a sweat.
But after 8 wks I was back full force!

You look awesome!

Montie
Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
BigCityGirl
on 4/7/09 1:40 am - San Diego, CA
Susan,  You really turned out great.  Congratulations to you and your surgeon!  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 2:24 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Wow Susan you look FABULOUS!!!  Your thigh incision looks awesome!..........  and you said you have only a little swelling;  that's terrific!  Do you do anything special to keep the swelling down?  I'd like to know the tips on keeps swelling down so I'm prepared when I have my LBL done in a few months....

Back at the gym already!!!??!!  Amazing!
Be careful....don't over do it.

Ruth
mommyto4kids
on 4/7/09 3:58 am
Wow! Your legs look wonderful! I wish I could do like you and get everything done. I feel so fustrated because my husband wont let me get more plastics anytime soon.
knailnhair
on 4/7/09 4:08 am - Milford, NJ
Suan you look awesome.  You better tell those 25 yr olds in your town to watch out!!! She's baaaack!!!

Kimi

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

cleos_mom
on 4/7/09 7:12 am - phila., PA

your photos are great. I was marked & cut just like you I hope my results look like that .tomorrow is my first post-op visit since the day I came home . he will take off my strei strips and hopefully my drains
Susan

noregretsx10
on 4/7/09 8:22 am - San Pedro, CA
Susan, you look fantastic! You are such an inspiration to me.  When all is said and done, I hope I end up looking half as good as you do! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Angela
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 5:39 pm
boomer65
on 4/7/09 7:56 pm
Susan, you look great!  I can't believe you're back at the gym already.  I'm 11 weeks post TT with BL/BA  and I'm still not back full force.  I worked out hard on Sunday with a great spinning class and boy did I feel the pain on Monday.

Congrats on all the hard work - the payoff is amazing.

Franci

Most Active