Update on Necrosis

akers123
on 4/7/09 10:31 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
The last time I posted about the Necrosis I was scared that it had started to separate, well GOOD NEWS, since it took so long to separate the swelling had gone down enough for my surgeon to be able to remove the necrosis and since there was good tissue underneath, he was able to sew me up!  YEP, after all this worrying, I didn't have to have the open wound after all.

He numbed me and did it all right there in the office.  The 2 1/2 in*****ision turned out to be a 5 in*****ision.  I lay'd around and didn't do anything for 2 days, I was so afraid it was going to pop open.  But when I went back to the Dr. or Thursday he said it all looked ok.

I still have some pain in the back and my butt is still really really swollen.  I don't go back to the Dr again until Friday and of course I am a bit worried for a change.  There is one spot that does have some leakage, but my husband seems to think it all looks good.  Just wi**** didn't' hurt so bad.  I don't remember my incisions hurting this bad with the LBL.  I guess the pain of the inners hurt more then the incisions.

Well a special thanks to Danielle H for always being there for me, YOUR THE GREATEST.  Also thanks to Denise V for asking about me.  This board is AWESOME.

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 1:02 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
So glad it's good news for you. 
Here's to a speedy recovery with no more issues...
Ruth
akers123
on 4/8/09 8:37 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Thanks Ruth....Its been a long recovery but well worth it in the end.
Kristi Akers

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 5:32 pm
akers123
on 4/8/09 8:37 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Thanks Jodi.  I had myself so worked up thinking about the wound seperation......My Doctor is AWESOME..  He Rocks.
Kristi Akers

Danielle H.
on 4/8/09 1:29 am - Atlanta, GA
You're so welcome - you are always there for me too lady!  I've enjoyed this part of our journey together..my mom still asks about you too!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

akers123
on 4/8/09 8:39 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
I know having each other has been great.  My mom asks about you as well.  We were so lucky to have them with us after surgery. 
Kristi Akers

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/8/09 10:26 pm, edited 4/8/09 10:26 pm - OH
I'm so glad to hear that you have been spared the ordeal of an open wound!  Not fun.

(I just yesterday got approval from the insurance company for the wound vac... 8 weeks alter and now that the wound is closing on its own and is only .5 inch deep instead of between 1 and 1.5 inches deep...  I'm going to just let the rest continue to heal on its own and save myself the hassle and expense (20% of the cost would be mine)).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active