Belly Pain - GB or Hernia?

Danielle H.
on 4/9/09 12:13 am - Atlanta, GA
Well I finally broke and went to the dr yesterday after seeing my chiropracter...she felt the belly area and said she thought it could be a hernia...go see my dr.  So he has an urgent care place in conjunction with his practice and I went.  He's doing bloodwork to check gallbladder first and then will order an ultrasound to see what's really going on in there.

Just wondering if anyone ever had this after PS - either hernia or gb...or possibly a stitch or something like a wound underneath?

Waiting it out, but its painful - more so at night, but its growing more painful constantly.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

droth
on 4/9/09 12:25 am
See, you shouldn't have raked the leaves!!!!  Hope the find it's just a pulled a muscle and you will be fine!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Danielle H.
on 4/9/09 12:48 am - Atlanta, GA
HAHAHAHA, I didn't rake!  I swear, I did weedeating and edging...not too physical and my weedeater is lightweight....though I did pull a few true weeds out, I actually had pain a week or so before I did that work, but it was more intermittent than it is now.

I'm so hoping its nothing too, I really don't want another surgery!  I thought I was done!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

BigCityGirl
on 4/9/09 1:14 am - San Diego, CA
Have you seen your plastic surgeon about this?  If you haven't you should at least let him know what's going on.  He might have an idea of what's happening.  I know you can rupture your ab sutures - people who have posted here have had that happen.  Good luck I hope it's nothing very serious. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Danielle H.
on 4/9/09 1:28 am - Atlanta, GA

I put an email in to him today...waiting to hear back as to whether he wants to see me. Thx - I agree with keeping him in the loop and I debated who to see, but in the end, my PCP is right near my house and it was late in the day - whereas my PS is an hour from me.  Definitely keeping him in the loop for help too!

Danielle H.
on 4/9/09 5:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Update - I contacted my PCP - ultrasound at 10:30 tomorrow!  I also contacted my PS and my WLS doctors...they are all on the same page.  PS said its unlikely a hernia up in that area and more likely gallbladder that he would evaluate the same way - with ultrasound.

Good news is that they are all 3 on the same page and my WLS actually does GB removal if he's on call.  I will see what the results are tomorrow, but hoping that will tell me something more!  If not, we continue to investigate.  Getting some pain meds for tonight...

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/09 11:54 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Oh man I'm sorry to hear you are going thru this.  I hope it will be relatively easy for you.
I had my gallbladder out 9 years ago...it was a VERY simple procedure and I was back to work in a just a few days.
GOOD LUCK!
Ruth
yvettetaylor
on 6/9/19 5:33 pm
RNY on 08/25/17

Was it a hernia? Just curious because I have had a few since my gastric BP and lincenberg tummy tuck.

helendalton
on 6/10/19 9:30 am

Im 2 months post op RnY surgery. I had an ultrasound done on Friday on Gallbladder. They called same day to say I have Sludge in the GB. I have an appointment this Wednesday to discuss the possibility of having it removed. I'm in a lot of pain and nausea and cannot eat. I am wondering if anyone else is having the problems we are having. I had Hiatal Hernia fixed during wls.

Louise H.
on 6/10/19 8:07 pm

You can check out gallbladderattack.com for what to eat or drink that is calming for your gallbladder in the meantime.

They have been helping me so much.

Louise - San Rafael, CA

Most Active