Well its not GB or Hernia (& 5 Weeks Out LBL pics)

Danielle H.
on 4/10/09 2:08 am, edited 4/10/09 3:50 am - Atlanta, GA

still in pain, comes and goes and had the ultrasound this morning. Tech said she didn't see a hernia and was vague on the gallbladder, but I don't think she saw anything...so waiting for a call back from the PCP, but already scheduled an appt with the PS for Monday morning first thing.  Talked with PS nurse and she says its either a seroma or a pulled muscle...but he needs to see me to figure it out.

Been pretty much smooth sailing til now - had to get painkillers out last night it was so intense.  I tend to think its muscle, but there is a small bubble when pushed on it shows up on the other side, which makes me think it could be seroma...which he will drain if necessary.

Anyone else with seroma have pain before it was taken care of?  I'm taking it easy this weekend, not wanting to do so cause the weather is perfect to finish the flower beds, but I definitely don't want to make it worse...as Susan says - I'll have to MAKE myself stop!

Advice? 

Also posted 4 new pics on my profile of me at 5 weeks (today!) post LBL.  Looks good just feel bloated and swollen still...must be a friend to see most as their in my undies - just request me!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

BigCityGirl
on 4/10/09 2:21 am - San Diego, CA
Danielle, I'm glad it's not serious.  As for pain with a seroma, it didn't happed to me.  My seroma was in my neck and it was totally painless - just lots of swelling.  It was asperated and that was painless as well. 

No more gardening for a while!  Have a great weekend!  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Susan S.
on 4/10/09 7:20 am - Roselle, NJ
I developed a seroma and it was painful - I think it depends on where it starts - and how vascular and nerve rich the area is - mine became infected which made it worse - but it was very manageable.......so you'll be fine......I was thinking about you this morning so I'm glad you posted.     Take it easy!    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

sc62
on 4/10/09 7:26 am - NJ
Danielle,

Keeping you in good thoughts for Monday.  Please no planting, those flowers can wait. 

Your pics look fantastic.  Happy 5 weeks out!

Sandy

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 11:31 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Pictures look great, sorry you are having this problem.  Hope the Dr can give you relief quickly/easily.
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 8:18 pm
Most Active