LBL, Breast Aug, inner thigh lipo on Monday!

txgirl26
on 4/10/09 6:02 am - fort worth, TX
I'm very excited and nervous! My LBL, boob job and lipo to the inner thigh are all happening this coming monday. Send me some happy thoughts and encouragement I'm going to need it! Advice appreciated also! One WEIRD thing....I'm NOT going to have a belly button afterwards! Dr. explained why, due to having a deep belly button, too much risk for infection. Anyone ever heard of this?? I think I'm going to need a tattoo in place of that belly button someday! lol....
gypsywoman6789
on 4/10/09 9:22 am - Hudson, NH
Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Sounds like you are having alot done!   I wasn't brave enough to have multiple procedures done at once.  Just had my tt no muscle tightening 3 days ago.

I was able to keep my belly button but I have heard of people who haven't.  There is always the risk of losing the belly button even when they  leave it there initially.  I guess it depends on how long your bellybutton "stalk" is when they decide whether they will try to save it or not.  I think I would want a tattoo also if that happened to me! 

Well it should at least make for interesting conversation!

BTW - I was as nervous as hell on Tuesday and I don't tend to be the nervous type so just try to relax and focus on following the Dr's instructions so you heal quickly.

The tips I learned on here that have helped me so far have been to buy tank tops to wear under your binder, to use a belt from a bathrobe when you shower to pin your drains to, buy an elevated toilet seat, and I also borrowed a bath seat with a back to use when I shower.  My surgeon let me shower 48 hours after, not all surgeons allow this so I knew I would need the bath seat.

Eat lots of protein and keep the carbs low, they apparently contribute to the amount of swelling you end up with.

We;ll be thinking of you on Monday.
Calif_Princess
on 4/10/09 10:34 am - Louisville, KY
Sending you happy, quick recovery thoughts!!!!!!!!  I've never heard about that belly button thing...weird......

I'd have the multipul done too.  I think I'd chicken out after the first surgery if I didn't have them all done at once!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll do fine!

~Melissa~
Start 286/Current 265/ Goal 150

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 11:14 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sending you best wishes for an easy procedure and smooth recovery!
Melissa M.
on 4/10/09 12:39 pm - Seabrook, TX
Good luck with everything!  I'm sure you'll do fine.

amelialyn81
on 4/10/09 3:09 pm
GOOD LUCK MY DOOD MAN!!!!!!!
i gonna miss you at work dammitt!  maybe i can get a note from my doctor saying that the muscle i pulled is far to severe and i have to be off work til may 5th.... think that will go over well???  probably not... buhlah!!!!!!
i know everything is going to go well for you!  i'm excited for you!  i come see you when you get home and keep you company!!!!!

maybe we can start another "WTF box"............

hu huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nite nite
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 8:12 pm
cbhjr98
on 4/11/09 5:41 am
Good luck!!!

Def buy the shower stool - it's a life saver for me! And have some ice packs handy. My thighs didn't bother me until they upgraded me from compression hose to body binder then it felt like I was going to burst and the only way I can wear my binder is to ice my thigh - ugh! but it makes it feel so much better.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
malynn
on 4/13/09 11:31 am
Yeah!  I'm having TT on the 20th.  I can't wait.  I had breast aug. last april so Im seriously excited about this.  I wi**** was tomorrow.  Good luck to you!
ng
on 4/14/09 11:53 am - Southwest, LA
my belly button was deep but they did mine anyway with no problem.  but frankly i think no belly button would be kind of cool.  one less area of scar tissue to deal with until it heals.
Most Active