Weight loss after abd and lipo

Judith K.
on 3/28/11 3:22 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
I know the PS told me this but it was still disconcerting so thought I'd share so someone else isn't disappointed/surprised.  I had an abdominoplasty and lipo of inner/outer thighs on 03/03.  Went to WW on 03/07 -- no weight loss; not surprised 'cause I still had LOTS of swelling.  Next week only down .8#.  A little bummed but still okay 'cause of the swelling.  Last week I was down 2#.  I thought,  "Surely he cut off/out more than 2#!"  He did tell me it would be single digits, but of course I was hoping for 8 or 9 -- that's single digits, right?  Well, today doing everything exactly the same way I've been doing for 10 1/2 months I was down 3.2# and I dropped a pant size.

Pretty exciting!!
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

laura_vermont
on 3/28/11 3:42 am

That's awesome!  I can't wait to see where I'll end up once this swelling goes down (3/10 panniculectomy).  I didn't do well with pain meds, so I dropped 5lbs right after surgery - from not eating - and have bounced back 2 now that I'm eating again.  The surgeon removed 4.5lbs.  Day of surgery I was 128, currently 125.  I'm wearing my binder under my pre-op pants, so I must be down at least 1 size too! 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Judith K.
on 3/28/11 4:45 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
I don't do well w/ pain meds either so I just didn't take them!  I know we're not supposed to take Advil but I did take 3 before bed for about a week.  Don't think it ate a hole in my little tummy.

Did the surgeon weigh what he took off?  I didn't ask my surgeon if he did.  Maybe I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him.

Good luck w/ your recovery.  Isn't the flat(ter) tummy awesome?  My PS told his nurse it looked fantastic right after he was done.  Guess I'll have to wait awhile for fantastic, but I'm still so pleased w/ the progress.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

laura_vermont
on 3/28/11 5:17 am
I hear you on the pain meds - I stopped taking them until one of my drains got infected, then startred again.  I'm off everything now and feel generally very well.  I really considered taking advil!

My surgeon did weigh what she took off.  I asked her before surgery if it was good for a few lbs -- and she said that it wouldn't be much because it was truely just skin -- so, I think she was surprised by the amount.

I hope your recovery continues to go well too.... the flatter tummy is AWESOME!!! 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

birthdaygirl
on 3/28/11 6:59 am - Lithonia, GA
You had a VSG...I may be wrong but I think it is okay with a VSG(sleeve) to takje NSAIDS such as advil.....I know post RNY you cannot

My PS said he took off over 6.5 pounds skin/fat and post-op I lost an additional 10 pounds which put me 2 pounds under goal at 148....I also lost 10 pounds before PS due to lack of eating/nerves

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Judith K.
on 3/28/11 8:04 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Wow, great success!

I know some doctor's allow NSAIDS after VSG but my doctor doesn't.  I generally try not to take them so that I'm compliant w/ his protocol, but I figured since lots of people take them all the time it wouldn't hurt me for a week or so.  And it didn't.  For that I'm pleased.

Congrats on being under goal!!  I may revise my goal downward now that I'm so close.  About 40# ago it seemed so far away but now @ an average of 1.66#/week (my average) it's only 9 weeks away.  That's just so crazy.  So maybe I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see if I can reach the middle end of "normal" rather than the highest.

Most Active