Well that was interesting....(1st consult)

Don 1962
on 3/31/11 9:23 am
Went to first consult with a PS in Tyler, TX today and learned quite a bit.  

Looking at a modified belt lipectomy with some lipo but no muscle tightening.  According to this doctor it is a "design" thing that a woman's skin and a man's skin pull from different directions.  Instead of having a circumferential scar I would have two "swooshes" that go up my obliques coming down to the incision across the front.  Another thing is that he uses a "quilting" stitch with no drains.  Said going that way cuts down immensely on infections etc related to the drains.  Interesting.  Now I know what to expect for the next consult(s).  I still have six months or so before I could get it done because of work.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

NursieGirl
on 3/31/11 9:41 am
Very interesting!  Thanks for sharing.  I really don't know anything about men's plastics post-WLS so thanks for educating!

laura_vermont
on 3/31/11 7:14 pm
That is interesting and having had an infected drain -- no drains sounds wonderful!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Don 1962
on 3/31/11 9:43 pm

When he told me "no drains" I was about floored.  I'd never heard of doing such.  The way he described the method he would use was not one I had read about here either.  Like I said it was the first one and educational.  Part of my education yesterday was from the mirror.  I had not ever seen myself sans apparel in a three way full length mirror before.  My thighs are horrible!!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

muffin27
on 4/1/11 3:24 am - Canada
Most Active