Body shapers post-PS

felinemommy
on 3/31/11 1:09 pm, edited 3/31/11 11:51 pm - NH
I'm curious to hear from anyone who opts to wear a shaper post-op not because you need to, but rather choose to. If so, for what reason?

Arms are the first order of business, and I'm on the fence about abdominoplasty. I certainly have excess fat and some skin with laxity above my belly button. I've gotten so used to wearing my shaper, that I feel strangely naked without it. I actually like the slight compression it gives, and since it's cut below my bra, it seems to help maintain better posture.

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

Renee2007
on 4/2/11 12:21 am - Central, FL
 When I was obese I hated any and all forms of shapewear. Panty hose were the devil. Even Spanx would roll down and always ended up binding me and making me so uncomfortable. Once I lost the weight I was fortunate enough to have all of my extra skin removed. I LOVE the freedom I have now of being shapewear free! I woke up from my tummy tuck with super tight ab muscles and I've been hitting the gym to tone my arms after having a brachioplasty. You might feel differently after surgery. It really does tighten things up. It's hard to imagine it now but you'll see and feel the difference!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 1:43 am
I don't see any need to wear any shapers. After my surgery I'm lump/bump free so there is nothing for Spanx to hold in. I also hated how hot and squished I felt when I did used to wear them - I rarely wore them but I can see where one can get used to them.
felinemommy
on 4/2/11 11:27 am - NH
Exactly the motivation to get this skin & fat gone!  While I like my shaper, it would be nice to have the freedom to not wear one daily!  Thanks!

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

Most Active