Question on lipo of thighs?

lwillis22
on 5/9/11 11:27 am
Hello,
  I am having a tt and brachioplasty on May 27th.  I really need to have my thighs done as well but can't really afford all that right now. Has anyone had just lipo done on there thighs and been happy with the results.  I am not sure if it will just ,leave me with more sagging skin. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Lori

DrL
on 5/9/11 1:46 pm - Houston, TX
I saw a patient today who lost about 90lbs.  She had lipo only on her thighs done elsewhere, and she mainly had loose skin only.  Needless to say she is most displeased wiht the result and we now face  a very difficlut problem to correct.

If you have excess fat and excellent tight skin that ahs not been stretched, then lipo may be ok.  As a general rule, lipo alone makes the loose skin of most weight loss patients look a lot worse.  Get a trusted opinion or two on this please.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
lwillis22
on 5/9/11 7:51 pm
Thanks so much!  The advice you gave is the same I got from my surgeon!  I just wondered everyone else's experience but your post really proves I don't want to do this.

Thanks again,
Lori

Judith K.
on 5/10/11 12:52 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Is if more difficult to correct than if she didn't have the lipo?  If so, why?
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

DrL
on 5/10/11 3:25 am - Houston, TX

Scarring beneath the skin and within the tissues makes pulling the skin during a leg lift and some other surgeries harder.  Wrinkles and irregular skin texture are easy to correct when the skin is loose from weight loss but harder when lipo has already been done.  Also, a thin layer of fat actually helps make the skin look a little smoother better than if it's too deflated and all fat has been taken away by lipo.

Large, isolated fat deposits are good candidates for lipo.

Lipo is also good for defatting the legs or arms if they are still big prior to a lift in a patinet at or near goal weight. , BUT I do the lipo in skin that is generally going to be removed so the sacrring is not such an issue.

My caution is to avoid practitioners who may offer you lipo when a lift is what is actually needed, or to perform lipo as some kind of substitute for further weight loss.

Hope this helps.

Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 4:50 am
Dr. L...

Just wanted to say, "WE HEART YOU FOR ALL YOUR GREAT INFORMATION AND ADVICE.!"

GOD BLESS YOU..!!

cyndy
DrL
on 5/11/11 1:57 pm - Houston, TX
Thanks Cyndy.  I've always enjoyed sharing here on the board and am compelled and inspired by all the successes, struggles, and support I see on the board and amongst WLS patients in general. 

I like any group of people who say "I'm going to DO something about it."  Especially in this day and age where I see too much hopelessness.  I love brave souls and I love our soldiers who "get it done" especially when the old men politicians that send them off to battle have questionable motives.  Makes them all the braver. I salute you all.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
criss
on 6/1/11 10:13 am
i have a question,is there is anyone out there who has seen dr.richard bendor-samuel in nova scotia canada and have had a tummy tuck? i would like to know after you had your first appointment how long did you wait to get the surgery . thanks
Most Active